Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Not macross related.but just I have been slowly building up my vintage TMNT collection. Japanese version of the mutatin' mutations turtles. MIBIMG_0106.thumb.JPG.e6d9be74cc8106615af8d0a6e77165a5.JPG

IMG_0105.thumb.JPG.844b6d389d8902009ea9984177f2bcd4.JPG

IMG_0107.thumb.JPG.0da74990d2fd5dfb5059075793045f76.JPG

IMG_0108.thumb.JPG.1f025c40c262b363408c145220bcaaba.JPG

IMG_0045.thumb.JPG.ef49422190a821f16bd0c2272650f34c.JPG

IMG_0048.thumb.JPG.b17d890ccbd9f5f8079b7703998fca5e.JPG

IMG_0053.thumb.JPG.1685d111f8ff665ea82ab9e80854b799.JPG

IMG_0061.thumb.JPG.7606cfb7b3b65c78932d1d9b555954c0.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

Edited by erikos0311

I never was in to collecting TMNT when I was younger but that's a very nice collection erikos0311.

Just bought a 1/60 VF-22S Milia.  All released 1/60 Max and Milia mecha are complete for my detolf.  Woo hoo!

Edited by sh9000

Almost forgot about this bad boy! Regardless of what other collectors say about QC issues regarding him, I think he blows the 3P megatrons out of the water! His aesthetics are impecable!! 

IMG_9865.thumb.JPG.d6b254965043a5dbfdbe99d7231d722d.JPG

IMG_9869.thumb.JPG.8999eb50b0ab0f8ad2b9dc6b6c2903b2.JPG

Just now, erikos0311 said:

Almost forgot about this bad boy! Regardless of what other collectors say about QC issues regarding him, I think he blows the 3P megatrons out of the water! His aesthetics are impecable!! 

I agree, as a big fan of Despotron, i though it couldnt be topped but MP-36 is the best of the best.

26 minutes ago, erikos0311 said:

Excellent choice for Megatron.  3P Megatrons can be used as CHUG Megatrons.

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Got some more grails in today :)

I love em!

good stuff! Now that I have three 1:48's im still umming and ahhing if I should try get any more. They are great toys and I do appreciate the ones I have now but there are still a few things that bug me about their physical proportion and detailing..

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Final piece to the puzzle! TV VF-1 collection is now complete :) 

C32A97FC-940C-488D-B892-0331F1CE9D44.jpg

well done and congrats on this super fine of purchases! I'd so dearly love to get a second one! 

2 hours ago, erikos0311 said:

Got this a while back and now just got some time to display it and show it off! Really looking forward to the rest of the Delta lineup!

nice purchase and great display! B))

I agree guys, the thing about it is in regards to most high end "collectibles" is that... well, they ARE collectibles, not toys, and are meant for display and the utmost delicate care. I think people have this misconception that the higher the price tag, the more they can withstand inpatient-rough/man handled transformations by inexperienced collectors. Hence all the bitching and complaining of stuff breaking in their hands. Giving toys bad ratings and so forth.  I treat all my figures as if they were made out of crystals and do as much research before I even attempt to transform them. Hell, I even have some figures that I have never transformed because to me, it's not worth the risk. That, and well, I can't afford most of the time a second copy to mess around with. :) As a "semi-pro" modeler and customizer  (if I can call myself that) lol :), I've learned over the years that treating your high end collectibles with care, caution, and appreciation is a must in order to avoid hating or dishing out bad reps to companies, due to anger and frustration caused by the act of breaking your new "toy".   

Ok, rant complete.... :)

My Arcadia VF-0 toys (both the 0D and 0A) both had the leg fall off the first time I rotated it at the hip. Surely I get to complain. High end collectible or not, the advertisement says these things can accomplish all modes and it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect them, when handled and transformed correctly, not to break. That's a huge part of what you're paying for.

The complaints about Megatron seem to be, that even when transformed with the utmost care, it's nearly impossible to not strip some paint. High end collectible or not, you'd hope that any company making any product does a little bit of R&D and works out obvious kinks. That said, I consider a little paint wear a minor complaint compared to things like the original Yamato V2 shoulders breaking off or the legs on the Arcadia VF-0.

46 minutes ago, jenius said:

My Arcadia VF-0 toys (both the 0D and 0A) both had the leg fall off the first time I rotated it at the hip. Surely I get to complain. High end collectible or not, the advertisement says these things can accomplish all modes and it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect them, when handled and transformed correctly, not to break. That's a huge part of what you're paying for.

The complaints about Megatron seem to be, that even when transformed with the utmost care, it's nearly impossible to not strip some paint. High end collectible or not, you'd hope that any company making any product does a little bit of R&D and works out obvious kinks. That said, I consider a little paint wear a minor complaint compared to things like the original Yamato V2 shoulders breaking off or the legs on the Arcadia VF-0.

I totally see your point Jenius, I too have been blessed with the QC fairy a couple of times with Yamato/Arcadia/Takara. And all those times I've gotten great customer service from the companies I mentioned. I am aware that QC issues will always be present when we are dealing with thousands of items mass produced. I guess my point was, that even thou I've had figures literally  fall apart in my hands, I've acknowledged the fact that figures this expensive, delicate and fragile, are bound to not be 100% QC free, and that in this hobby, one is bound to receive a visit or two from the QC fairy at one point or another. :) 

IMG_3038.thumb.JPG.82788e9fe866faee0c3bbcde8402be94.JPG

Found some more 3.75" Marvel figures.  Gamora can probably be customized and repainted into a Meltran for my HMR.

IMG_3042.thumb.JPG.5e08f47b43ab18bd7c2cc2c55d345611.JPG

Here she is next to my HMR CF VF-1As and VF-1Js.  She scales just a little bit taller but it can still work.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_3042.thumb.JPG.5e08f47b43ab18bd7c2cc2c55d345611.JPG

Here she is next to my HMR CF VF-1As and VF-1Js.  She scales just a little bit taller but it can still work.

your brownie Jay's are multiplying! LOL! :lol: I didn't think you made another one? or maybe I did!? ahh I dunno, I have a sh!t memory at the best of times.. :wacko::unsure:

Edited by spanner

33 minutes ago, spanner said:

your brownie Jay's are multiplying! LOL! :lol: I didn't think you made another one? or maybe I did!? ahh I dunno, I have a sh!t memory at the best of times.. :wacko::unsure:

It's probably been a while since I posted about them.  No worries.

Some of those CF VF-1As will be sacrificing their heads for future customs.  That means I will end up with a little squad of CF VF-1Js.

23 hours ago, spanner said:

well done and congrats on this super fine of purchases! I'd so dearly love to get a second one! 

Thanks! Yea i would love to get another TV CF 1A and 1J but this is it for now. Hopefully Arcadia puts them out again down the line.

MP Megatron is a little bit taller than MP Optimus and they look great together.

Looking back at my collection pics, I must have gotten the 1/60 CF VF-1J (Kakizaki's would be colored VF-1J) a long time ago for cheap.  Is this a rare Valk?  B)) Anyway, I much prefer my HMR CFs all consistently colored.

Edited by sh9000

I finally got my MP-36 Megatron delivered to work and...I'm unimpressed. I paid $183 plus shipping, and I feel that is a bit too much, I think the roughly $160 plus shipping that the early pre-order people paid is the sweet spot for this guy, and I absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND him at the current $230+ pricing, that price is frakking laughable, truly absurd. I got two laughing faces, a commonly reported QC issue, the gun barrel on his back is floppy, another unfortunately reported QC issue, and he has a nice little scratch on his nose. My biggest issue, and I knew about this already going in so it's on me, is that stupid, horrible, awful looking Con symbol on his chest. Takara included a neat chest swap gimmick, you can put on a battle damaged chest from the original animated movie, and yet Takara didn't think to include a chest with a proper, clean and accurate Con logo on it? Seems baffling to me. Not a single other MP Con Takara has released has a symbol like that, it blends with nothing, and I know when I put him next to Soundwave it's going to stick out even worse, I thought maybe when I got him in hand it wouldn't bother me as much, but it's the opposite, he's sitting on my work desk and all I can look at is that stupid ass symbol on his chest. The proportions bug me more in person too, but once again, I knew about all that going in so it's my fault. Legs are a bit too long, chest is too small, head is too big. It's all toon accurate, but unflattering in hand. Another problem I have is Takara taking the wrong notes from Third Party, I REALLY don't want a ton of stupid "that one time in that one episode" accessories, that may do it for some, but like with many Third Party MP these days, I want that money put into the figure itself. All this superfluous crap I probably won't even take out a single time, it's very annoying, put that money in the figure!

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Is Megatron the same size as Prime? Robot mode, of course. I might have to consider getting one if he is. 

Talking about the the official Takara version. 

Unless you've got money to spend, or really, really want him, I can't personally recommend him at the $230+ he's going for now at most sites. I'd wait for a re-issue or re-paint.

IMG_3104.thumb.JPG.eb0d3314efeeea23b0f205ed0a2bcaad.JPG

IMG_3115.thumb.JPG.40a9e6e6fdf3a83a5761d186f9f18791.JPG

2 more HMR Monsters and 1 more CF VF-1A came in.  Amiami's damaged box Monster was only a few dents.  The Monsters are packed in styrofoam so no problem.  Now that makes 3 Monsters to display and 1 to still keep MISB.

Edited by sh9000

6 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

SDF-1 is back in my collection, along with another set of S&S parts, and an upgrade set for MP-24 Star Saber ^_^

2091D1E2-0939-4CA0-BF84-DCC9DC1EA8F9.jpg

Boo! I should've asked for that SDF-1 for payment instead. :lol: 

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Boo! I should've asked for that SDF-1 for payment instead. :lol: 

:lol: i wouldve had to buy quite a few 1As to pay with this

53 minutes ago, erizai said:

Congrat Anubis20, envy....

Thanks! It was a nerve racking experience since i bought it sight unseen with no pics. Luckily it was 100% complete and only pieces cut from the sprues and installed were the ones on the ARMDs.