Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

this happened over the weekend! I bought three (yep three!) VF-1A TV cannon fodder brownies for my planned Max & Milia wedding scene display! :D

attachicon.gifyamato v2 vf-1a mpt.jpgattachicon.gifyamato v2 vf-1a mpt.jpgattachicon.gifyamato v2 vf-1a mpt.jpg

yes wasn't cheap but still sooo worth it! that will bring my VF-1A TV CF count to six! B))

982aebe2d39aaf5c291f64f526166066.jpg

These arrived today. Kinda frustrated that my Figuarts Iron Man box is all crumbled on the corner. :( I like HLJ but I don't like their shrinkwrap method. Even the books have some minor creases on the dust jacket. :unsure:

009DBA31-CA1C-4447-BE7A-E99024CFDF2D_zps

6F88AC0F-6F4B-44C6-B49E-C6203F817452_zps

2BE1F539-5EA4-4230-A96D-C04B77C7BF0C_zps

29955979-1185-4107-9F0E-B38897E42DF7_zps

dang it.. that sucks that some of your items got damaged a little bit.. :( could you email HLJ and see what they say?

I just did. And I told them that next time to make sure that all items are secured even if they're just using shrinkwrap methods. I mean, it's already shrinkwrapped but it's not even tight. They're still kind of loose. And they don't put some extra paddings on areas that has spaces or gaps just to ensure that the items will not shake or bump with each other during transit.

im excited for them but also a little nervous about the condition of their shoulders etc.. :unsure:

I'd be excited too :D

I thought they were generally considered "safe". Have any of your first 3 given you issues?

The only thing I'd be slightly worried about would be the canopy tint. I love the way it looks when it stays put, but it's really unsightly when it starts to crack :(

I wouldn't worry too much though. Out of all tinted 1/60s I have, only 1 has an issue that I wasn't aware of before purchasing, and it had definitely been displayed before.

I'm looking forward to some photos. Rainbow Road or not, 6 CFs and a Virgin Road should make for one sweet display!

I'd be excited too :D

I thought they were generally considered "safe". Have any of your first 3 given you issues?

The only thing I'd be slightly worried about would be the canopy tint. I love the way it looks when it stays put, but it's really unsightly when it starts to crack :(

I wouldn't worry too much though. Out of all tinted 1/60s I have, only 1 has an issue that I wasn't aware of before purchasing, and it had definitely been displayed before.

I'm looking forward to some photos. Rainbow Road or not, 6 CFs and a Virgin Road should make for one sweet display!

I've checked the three TV brownies that I already have and none of them have broken shoulders. And the one which has a rainbow canopy shows no signs of cracking either thankfully.

So here's hoping that the three coming don't have any issues either. Touch wood!

I haven't had any troubles with stuff that I've bought from Jungle or Mandarake but I'll certainly be keeping my fingers crossed..

Edited by spanner

dang it.. that sucks that some of your items got damaged a little bit.. :( could you email HLJ and see what they say?

Ok. So here's HLJ's reply. And I'm just sharing this so that everyone knows in advance that if ever you receive crumbled or smashed boxes, make sure that the content is safe. And do note that there's no guarantee we will receive 'mint' boxes. I'm just glad that they reply fast and promptly. That's why I will still keep on using HLJ as much as possible. ^_^

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sending the photos; were sorry to see that one of your items arrived with some minor box damage.

Of course, we do not ship any products that are damaged--when we pack the items, they are in the same excellent condition in which we received them from the manufacturer.

However, due to the distance between us and most of our customers, and due to the many variables in international shipping, we cannot and do not guarantee arrival of mint-condition packaging on items.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204318560

If the actual figure is damaged, we will try to replace the damaged parts or the figure, but as our web site says, we consider the box to be just that--a box, and as such a container for the item inside.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and for shopping with HobbyLink Japan.

I just did. And I told them that next time to make sure that all items are secured even if they're just using shrinkwrap methods. I mean, it's already shrinkwrapped but it's not even tight. They're still kind of loose. And they don't put some extra paddings on areas that has spaces or gaps just to ensure that the items will not shake or bump with each other during transit.

My arcadia strike came with the box a little dented in one corner so i feel ya pain

I wish i could bring myself to just destroy all toy packaging I cannot stand how much room they take up.

But I just cant make myself do it.

Same here, I bet the storage room I use to keep the boxes will run out of space before I run out of actual display space.

Ok. So here's HLJ's reply. And I'm just sharing this so that everyone knows in advance that if ever you receive crumbled or smashed boxes, make sure that the content is safe. And do note that there's no guarantee we will receive 'mint' boxes. I'm just glad that they reply fast and promptly. That's why I will still keep on using HLJ as much as possible. ^_^

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sending the photos; were sorry to see that one of your items arrived with some minor box damage.

Of course, we do not ship any products that are damaged--when we pack the items, they are in the same excellent condition in which we received them from the manufacturer.

However, due to the distance between us and most of our customers, and due to the many variables in international shipping, we cannot and do not guarantee arrival of mint-condition packaging on items.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204318560

If the actual figure is damaged, we will try to replace the damaged parts or the figure, but as our web site says, we consider the box to be just that--a box, and as such a container for the item inside.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and for shopping with HobbyLink Japan.

that's fair enough I suppose.. the shear unpredictability of international shipping is pretty much out of their control. But good to know they are willing to fix or replace the actual toy if damaged. Unlike other sellers..

Though I guess if someone wanted an item to arrive in 100% mint condition for "MISB" collecting then they could always email the seller and get them to double box or better securely pack the item.

for example, I'd be pretty pissed if my M&M's boxes arrived damaged / crumpled (thankfully they didn't!) considering their rareness factor & expense so I do understand how damaged packaging can upset some people..

I wish i could bring myself to just destroy all toy packaging I cannot stand how much room they take up.

But I just cant make myself do it.

Same here, I bet the storage room I use to keep the boxes will run out of space before I run out of actual display space.

again same here! It was just last weekend I was pulling my wardrobe apart looking for something and its 95% full of empty Valkyrie, model car & other boxes.. <_<

its a massive nightmare tetris puzzle to put all back! :o:wacko: but I can't bring myself to chuck any of them out.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have to devote a good chunk of space for valkyrie boxes too. :mellow:

25371834539_a77c0bc082_o.jpg

31007582025_0a49e3a26f_o.jpg

this happened over the weekend! I bought three (yep three!) VF-1A TV cannon fodder brownies for my planned Max & Milia wedding scene display! :D

attachicon.gifyamato v2 vf-1a mpt.jpgattachicon.gifyamato v2 vf-1a mpt.jpgattachicon.gifyamato v2 vf-1a mpt.jpg

yes wasn't cheap but still sooo worth it! that will bring my VF-1A TV CF count to six! B))

Grats on the ever growing army! Hey, did you just cut and paste the same pic 3 times?? :lol:

Yeah, I have to devote a good chunk of space for valkyrie boxes too. :mellow:

25371834539_a77c0bc082_o.jpg

31007582025_0a49e3a26f_o.jpg

Grats on the ever growing army! Hey, did you just cut and paste the same pic 3 times?? :lol:

hey thanks! hehe! yep is same pic three times! :lol: when they arrive I'll line them up the very same way and take a shot of the actual boxes! LOL! more boxes to store some where.. :wacko:

Hahaha! Funny to know that I'm not the only one who has problems with boxes. :lol:

I decided to dispose some double boxes. Don't want the wife to find out I have doubles of everything. Hahaha! :lol: j/k

hehe!

I had been wanting to fold down the Yamato boxes which are the same size and stack the plastic inserts on top of each other which can save space. I might experiment that with the 3x brownies when they arrive. If it works the I'll pull more boxes out of the wardrobe and do more of them the same way.

hey thanks! hehe! yep is same pic three times! :lol: when they arrive I'll line them up the very same way and take a shot of the actual boxes! LOL! more boxes to store some where.. :wacko:

hehe!

I had been wanting to fold down the Yamato boxes which are the same size and stack the plastic inserts on top of each other which can save space. I might experiment that with the 3x brownies when they arrive. If it works the I'll pull more boxes out of the wardrobe and do more of them the same way.

This is safe for Yamato doubles and VF-1's boxes. For Bandai DX... forget it. Hehehe. :lol:

This is safe for Yamato doubles and VF-1's boxes. For Bandai DX... forget it. Hehehe. :lol:

and funny enough I find the Bandai DX boxes are a little more efficient in terms of space used in my wardrobe for example than the Yamato boxes.. And the fact I have more than twice the amount of Yamato boxes than Bandai which is also a contributing factor..

I need to find a solution soon so I will definitely be seeing how these boxes will compress!

and funny enough I find the Bandai DX boxes are a little more efficient in terms of space used in my wardrobe for example than the Yamato boxes.. And the fact I have more than twice the amount of Yamato boxes than Bandai which is also a contributing factor..

I need to find a solution soon so I will definitely be seeing how these boxes will compress!

The only solution to compress every boxes, my friend, is to put all the accessories in a ziplock. File all the manuals and sticker sheets. Fold all the Yamato and Bandai DX boxes and throw away all the styro and plastic trays. Problem solved. More space once again. ^_^

I can't wait to see your display spanner.

I have one entire bedroom filled with toys and boxes. It's like a huge walk in closet. Luckily I still have 2 other bedrooms. :D

same here!

I thinking I might start putting boxes in some good quality plastic garbage bags, seal them up and store them in the roof cavity! got no other solution and there is plenty of space up in there. My only concern is it does get VERY hot up there during the warmer months even though I have one of those spinning whirly bird vent thingies.. though it will only be the boxes and nothing of any significant value I guess.. And sadly I have no spare bedrooms available..

The only solution to compress every boxes, my friend, is to put all the accessories in a ziplock. File all the manuals and sticker sheets. Fold all the Yamato and Bandai DX boxes and throw away all the styro and plastic trays. Problem solved. More space once again. ^_^

so im thinking I'll separate the TV & DYRL option parts, missiles etc and put them in snap lock bags. The plastic inserts can stack together and I'll flatten all the boxes. what ever doesn't stack and fold can go in bags in the roof.

Keep in mind, the super/strike pack bundle boxes can hold a lot of trays. Keep two of those assembled to store as many trays as you can (one for bottoms, one for tops), and compress the rest. :) Since Yamato began using smaller boxes on everything, you might even be able to do this with the VF-17 bundle boxes.

The two boxes full of trays will probably have lots of room for accessories under them too.

I've checked the three TV brownies that I already have and none of them have broken shoulders. And the one which has a rainbow canopy shows no signs of cracking either thankfully.

So here's hoping that the three coming don't have any issues either. Touch wood!

I haven't had any troubles with stuff that I've bought from Jungle or Mandarake but I'll certainly be keeping my fingers crossed..

Wait, only one of your TV brownies has the tinted canopy? The other 2 are completely clear??? Was there a reissue?

Got home to greet the three new additions to my VF-1 Valkyrie collection!

All three boxes are in perfect zero crease or damage condition! all three Valkyrie are in 100% perfect condition with NO broken shoulders! all have perfect rainbow canopies!

Also I must apologize as I made an error about the other three I already have.. they too all have rainbow canopies. Not sure how I got that wrong as its quite clearly visible!? I blame the lighting in my cabinets..

When I get a chance I will start moving things around in order to make the Max & Milia wedding display as planned.. so in the meantime, here are some photos to enjoy!

post-21335-0-21987000-1479362050_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-65839700-1479362063_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner

All three boxes are in perfect zero crease or damage condition! all three Valkyrie are in 100% perfect condition with NO broken shoulders! all have perfect rainbow canopies!

Also I must apologize as I made an error about the other three I already have.. they too all have rainbow canopies. Not sure how I got that wrong as its quite clearly visible!? I blame the lighting in my cabinets..

When I get a chance I will start moving things around in order to make the Max & Milia wedding display as planned.. so in the meantime, here are some photos to enjoy!

20161117_163311.jpg 20161117_164302.jpg

Grats on the new additions!

Rainbow canopies and lots of other things are hard to see when you start getting old. :)

20161117_163311.jpg 20161117_164302.jpg

Yeah, I'm quite envious of your six brownies. Nice score, spanner. I'm glad everything arrived in good order. Jungle has always come through for me as well.

Now get on that display already :p

Grats on the new additions!

Rainbow canopies and lots of other things are hard to see when you start getting old. :)

thanks! hehe yeah must be my worsening eye sight with age.. :lol::unsure:

Yeah, I'm quite envious of your six brownies. Nice score, spanner. I'm glad everything arrived in good order. Jungle has always come through for me as well.

Now get on that display already :p

hehe! please don't be.. it was a reasonably expensive thing to do. but yeah im really glad that all the three arrived in pretty much MINT condition! its as if they were never taken out of their boxes! I cannot fault any of them!

check out the "strike a pose" thread for the new display! and I posted another pic in the "collection display" thread too..