Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Ugh... I must stop buying Lego...

4wcBGU3.jpg?1

Liking the lego? ;) I do like to build and display them. There is something about the Lego star wars aesthetic that just works, Especially the newer stuff. Very solidly built.

ehhh?? curves!? :huh: the VF-17 doesn't have any curves.. its just straight edges and sharp angles! LOL! :p:D

I had considered it a few times in the past but then when I went to buy one my heart just wasn't in it.. But if I had to get one it would have to be the VF-17S variant. Strangely enough I much prefer its Frankenstein looking head design more then the 17D..

Still I doubt its gonna happen.. but never say never eh!

Thanks mate! And yes the cost of the bloody thing sure as hell proves that correct! sheesh! :rolleyes:

And this little beauty arrived today! The box was a little rough around the edges but the Valk itself is MINT nicely sealed up inside! Completely virgin and unmolested! Not a spec of dust or finger print on it! As mentioned in the item listing.

Even though the SV's were never what you would call "tight", the difference between this one and my old shagged Nora is simply incomparable!

So gorgeous! Dang why did I wait sooo long to get these things!?!? :wacko:

*snip*

So I guess you are not into clown noses are you? ^_^

Liking the lego? ;) I do like to build and display them. There is something about the Lego star wars aesthetic that just works, Especially the newer stuff. Very solidly built.

Yeah. I feel like I'm getting into them too much though and spend a lot of my free time watching/reading reviews on more Star Wars sets.

On a different note, one observation I've noticed though is how anal some people are with how AT-AT is pronounced. I myself say it as AT-ATs and not Ay-Tee-Ay-Tee. I know it's an acronym, but that's how they were pronounced back then, even by the film crew (e.g. making of Star Wars videos). But for some reason people who call them AT-ATs are being called dumb. Yeesh...

Great purchases guys! ;)

Yeah. I feel like I'm getting into them too much though and spend a lot of my free time watching/reading reviews on more Star Wars sets.

On a different note, one observation I've noticed though is how anal some people are with how AT-AT is pronounced. I myself say it as AT-ATs and not Ay-Tee-Ay-Tee. I know it's an acronym, but that's how they were pronounced back then, even by the film crew (e.g. making of Star Wars videos). But for some reason people who call them AT-ATs are being called dumb. Yeesh...

I for one, calls it Ey-Tee-Ey-Tee since from what I remember back then it's an acronym. Hehehe. :lol: I was surprised that most of people I talk to about Star Wars say it At At (@ x2). Even with the TIE fighter. I used to say it as Tee and not Tie. Hahaha! :lol:

But if people call AT-AT as At At, how do they say the other walker, the AT-ST? Ey-Tee-Es-Tee or AT Si Te? Or something like that? ;)

Acronyms often form words. It's rare for an acronym to be used outright as an abbreviation, although I've seen it on occasion with more technical documentation and there are well known acronyms that fit both examples. For instance NATO vs ICBM.

In Star Wars, though? I've always used "at" when pronouncing AT-AT. For the AT-ST, I pronounce it "at-s-t" but I have no idea what is correct and I'm not really bothered.

Personally, I called the AT-ST as A-T-S-T, even though I use AT-AT. I don't have to stick to one way.

When I was a kid, I also called the AT-AT by naming its initials. But then I saw the documentaries of Star Wars and heard the crew calling it AT-AT so I followed suit.

I honestly don't care how people want to say it as both are acceptable. I just don't like how this debate on the pronounciation has turned into a flame war between Star Wars fans. A lot of reviewers even make it a point to defend the way they pronounce AT-AT at the very start of their video.

Personally, I called the AT-ST as A-T-S-T, even though I use AT-AT. I don't have to stick to one way.

When I was a kid, I also called the AT-AT by naming its initials. But then I saw the documentaries of Star Wars and heard the crew calling it AT-AT so I followed suit.

I honestly don't care how people want to say it as both are acceptable. I just don't like how this debate on the pronounciation has turned into a flame war between Star Wars fans. A lot of reviewers even make it a point to defend the way they pronounce AT-AT at the very start of their video.

THAT is so true. That's why I stay away from those reviewers like they know everything. Hahaha! :lol: I'm more into reviewers that says 'it's up to you viewers on how you call it as long that you spell it right.' ;)

I don't think I've ever referred to an AT-ST as anything but a "chicken walker." :p

I've tried to avoid the smaller star wars sets because the design compromises they like don't tend to sit well with my OCD.. I'm just too picky. :lol: I still prefer my own X-wing design to any of the official ones, because they can't ever seem to make the engines in correct proportion to the ship. The UCS X-Wing's are far too tiny, and the smaller sets can't seem to figure out how to place the rear sections properly to look nice. :p

Hehe Gundam@EFSF, looks like you just got back into Lego again like me!

That's an awesome looking Wall-E! I didn't even know that existed. Darn and after I told myself the AT-AT would be the last Lego set I get this year...

How much was that by the way? :)

Uh-oh. Lego invasion! Now with sweet pics! Have you seen any of the custom gundam Lego models people have made?

I blame it on you hahaha. You've started us on a new addiction! Lol

Got this little statues for a really good price, took a while for them to arrive, but well worth it.

Great hauls! ;) I'm curious though. I'm thinking that this is the cheapest way to get a somehow big Minmay figure. And I'm thinking is it possible to swap heads and custom a little? Hmmm..

Cool Wall-E purchase, Gundam@EFSF. ;)

Hehe Gundam@EFSF, looks like you just got back into Lego again like me!

That's an awesome looking Wall-E! I didn't even know that existed. Darn and after I told myself the AT-AT would be the last Lego set I get this year...

How much was that by the way? :)

I blame it on you hahaha. You've started us on a new addiction! Lol

TRU US has it for $59.99. Amazon has it for $79.97.

My 25G just came in. Looks like it's never even been touched! Pretty happy with things right now.

Nice! there's always that chance that they list them as used even they aren't but have a rough looking box or the seal is broken simply to avoid a possible situation where the buyer could make a fuss about a misleading listing. I have experienced this a few times with both Jungle and Mandarake. Take my YF-21 for example.. it was listed as "open, used & boxed damaged" but it was MISB when I received it! And the box was pretty clean too!

But again congrats on your lucky find! B))

So ArchieNov, how much in Peso is the Lego Wall-E compared to the US prices I posted?

I haven't seen it being sold locally yet, hence why I was surprised when I saw Gundam's post. I'll try to look for it among the Lego Trading Groups here. They usually sell Lego sets for better prices (e.g. closer to US prices) than the local toy stores or the Official Lego Store here.

Edited by ArchieNov

I haven't seen it being sold locally yet, hence why I was surprised when I saw Gundam's post. I'll try to look for it among the Lego Trading Groups here. They usually sell Lego sets for better prices (e.g. closer to US prices) than the local toy stores or the Official Lego Store here.

I grabbed it from Copenhagen Logo store in early Sept during my trip to Nordic :)

I saw that Jungle had a Yamato Queadluun-Rau first release edition listed. Never bought from them before, so decided to give them a shot.

It's condition B. Here's hoping nothing is broken or damaged. :ph34r:

...or missing an accessory or parts. ;) Just a heads up since I bought my VF-0S/Ghost bundle from them which is also labeled as 'B'. And it's missing the pitot tube.