Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Hello everyone! MEOW!!!

After having been away from the Macross toy collecting scene for what feels like forever, I just dipped my feet back in.  

image.png.2918dcd295027702c774228dfa982306.png

Also.... what the heck are Macross Frontier "Revival" valkyries, and how are they different from the "Renewal" versions?

I am so out of the loop.

Also... I miss watching @jenius do his Macross toy review videos.  Did he retire from doing those?

Anyways, much love!

Dr. Shizuka the Cat

Insert Monty Python "I'm not dead yet" GIF here. I bought a project house and have been working on that... A pretty titanic undertaking but it's inching along. I'm hoping to start posting again in the next couple months. Good to see you're still kicking! 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hello everyone! MEOW!!!

After having been away from the Macross toy collecting scene for what feels like forever, I just dipped my feet back in.  

Also.... what the heck are Macross Frontier "Revival" valkyries, and how are they different from the "Renewal" versions?

I am so out of the loop.

Also... I miss watching @jenius do his Macross toy review videos.  Did he retire from doing those?

Anyways, much love!

Dr. Shizuka the Cat

Welcome back, Shizuka-chan! And congratulations for seeing there's a 'Dr' now on your name. :good::drinks:

To answer your 'Revival/Renewal' question. Revival is a cosmetic with some small upgrades of the Renewal release starting with Alto's VF-25F bundled with Super Parts. It will be released in matte finish just like their current releases. There's some hints of the other Frontier Valks from the previous Tamashii events but NO official announcements yet. At this point, we only know it's going to be just Alto's.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hello everyone! MEOW!!!

I am so out of the loop.

Anyways, much love!

Dr. Shizuka the Cat

The renewal versions are matte instead of shiny now.  They look more like models and less like toys.

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is that an improvement... in terms of how they look?

I believe so.  Less toy-like.  They match the Yamato/Arcadia look too.

The other changes Jenius mentioned I'm not clear really do anything.  I haven't noticed between the 25 and 29 I have.  But I do like how they look compared to the rest of the collection, outside of those damn shiny Yamato 19s.

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

66AA7FB9-D3BC-4DC7-8182-5E17613F9374.jpeg.928ac7a486e6fe25dea94224cc147866.jpeg

Out of all the paint wraps on these “Rice Rockets” from one of the series, wasn’t this used on the Supra Mk.4 originally? 

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Was abit of a chore to find Max and Millia.

327904744_748871013470569_300491909879528536_n.jpg.94a4100854da8a92abf30ad33eae4e4a.jpg

As much as Jada loves to use JDM supercars, they should have used a better choice honestly. 

It’s either a BMW Z6/Toyota Supra Mk.5 (?) or a Scooby BRZ/Toyota Renewal AE86/Scion FRS that will get more interests. The Supra always gets more interest overall, the AE86 is more of a Drift Car due to the Initial D series. 

It’s what first gets the attention of potential customers with go fast cars and bling it with what ever mods you want with  engine swaps, rims, buckets seats, intake, performance mods, brakes and more.