Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 12/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, ValkAddict said:

Are these mooks worth getting? Is the entire issue focused on Macross or just an article? Do they contain cool pics or mostly just text? TIA.

Yes.  Lots of cool pics.  Also check out the Macross books thread.

On 12/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, ValkAddict said:

Are these worth getting? Can you please share your thoughts/review? TIA.

For the price.... I'm still deciding. They are decent little toys and I feel they have a bit of playability, but they are pretty costly for the size. 

Am I glad I got them? Yes. Am I glad I cancelled the separate order I had? Probably. 

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

For the price.... I'm still deciding. They are decent little toys and I feel they have a bit of playability, but they are pretty costly for the size. 

Am I glad I got them? Yes. Am I glad I cancelled the separate order I had? Probably. 

Thanks for sharing your comments @vladykins. I am interested in these, but since I already have the Sentinel cyclones - decided to hold off. I know they're obviously not exactly comparable - but with limited toy funds, I need to be selective.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:56 PM, ValkAddict said:

Thanks for sharing your comments @vladykins. I am interested in these, but since I already have the Sentinel cyclones - decided to hold off. I know they're obviously not exactly comparable - but with limited toy funds, I need to be selective.

I enjoy these, but they definitely aren't smaller version of the Sentinels. They feel less fragile to a certain extent than the CMs and Megahouse but they are also a lot smaller, so it is hard to justify paying what I think I paid for my Megahouses. 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, sh9000 said:

EDB74E42-56C0-489E-965C-3F3E34D105F2.jpeg.0c1ba59fd0c8388c1f892246b41e0e88.jpeg

2 more Hot Wheels Premium Lamborghini Countaches.

Nice.

I remember seeing these on the 101 Fwy back in the 90s. Along with other calendar candy 🍬 of it’s time (and previous).

In person it is such a small and low car that it could be considered a ramp on wheels.

6 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Nice.

I remember seeing these on the 101 Fwy back in the 90s. Along with other calendar candy 🍬 of it’s time (and previous).

In person it is such a small and low car that it could be considered a ramp on wheels.

Thanks.  I'll always love the look of the Countach.  I saw from the other thread that you also have some 1/64 scale cars.  Cool.

5B825529-5EDB-46B2-A050-0AAD4A2699B9.jpeg.181b98c7c20225e7f53484e2f990521f.jpeg

Hot Wheels Tooned Classic TV Batmobile and Knight Rider KARR Concept x2.

So for Christmas, I got  

1) Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Full Set Pack Maximillian Jenius Custom

2) Pre-Order for Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Revival Set

3) Hidetaka Tenjin's Artistry of Macross hardcover book

I scored pretty well on the Macross Front!

Merry Chistmas to all that celebrate!

Twich

On 12/25/2022 at 8:35 AM, MacrossMania said:

That's an amazing find.  Looks brand spankin' new.  Where did you pick it up?

A lot of old school toys have been reissued lately and this is one of them.  I'm happy to own again a brand new one.

369871E9-C4B7-4A21-AF29-AF47A8ED69A8.jpeg.1f05fb57401a83bee438a9ed95d9eb5f.jpeg

Transformers Generations Collaborative Top Gun Maverick.