Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

ACD95006-60DD-4BED-96CE-F88A2EE4A718.jpeg.840edbc06350e27520ccd12595ff1922.jpeg

Hot Wheels Premium Knight Rider KITT and KARR set x2.

CC496313-609B-4A97-8707-946C7EDF54FB.jpeg.f9f04ae280279636223fcfcebbdd43c0.jpeg

Greenlight Robocop 1986 Ford Taurus LX x2.

3066AC90-C3C1-4709-BAE6-2EF664DDE2C6.jpeg.ff2b10909d119750f29d8586d5b033bf.jpeg

Greenlight Airwolf Santini Air 1982 Jeep CJ-7 x2.

B88045A3-0667-4F6B-9F82-A228E3B6C9D8.jpeg.5921a777a30007de29a139b2f99f3035.jpeg

Greenlight Hunter 1977 Plymouth Fury x2.

6010D146-3EDE-409B-BB32-A52AC8AF8215.jpeg.ff4d8b6b110f416d32e2ba375bd35830.jpeg

Greenlight Starsky and Hutch 1976 Ford Gran Torino x2.

9ADFD600-E98F-4318-AEB7-23DCB53B88D5.jpeg.2206093391da60c416ccdcd69ad5396e.jpeg

Greenlight Fall Guy 1982 GMC K-2500 x2.

:yahoo:

Edited by sh9000

I was totally taken by marketing. They're good things, but I totally could have not gotten these (rofl) They ran an ad for these before the Macross Frontier movies they showed in theaters in the US last spring, and I was sold. I was so sold. All it took was the incredibly cute voice actresses from the Macross Frontier anime talking about them for me to want them. Oh man, that's some dangerous advertising (rofl)

These are microphones that the main characters Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee of the anime series and movies Macross Frontier use in the anime. (You guys know this, but I copied and pasted this from elsewhere, so bear with me.) They're good little things. Not great, but good. The details are decent. Perhaps not fantastic, but decent. They're lightweight, and that could actually be a positive thing if you're going to use these all day long in your Sheryl and Ranka cosplays at conventions. They play little voice clips of the characters, and they play the songs from the show. There's even an infrared-enabled duet mode that could be fun if you're into that. The microphones have full vocal muting karaoke modes that you can turn on and off at any time during the songs. The microphones kind of fail in karaoke purposes two ways. First, there are no actual microphones in them. It doesn't amplify your voice. Second, the built-in speaker is really weak. I couldn't find a way to increase the volume. There's enough English in the manual to say that I'm pretty confident that there is no way to increase the volume of the speaker. I took a video of one of Sheryl's songs playing, and you could barely hear it, so it wasn't worth risking a copyright issue to share it. The microphones have an audio-out that can be used to connect to an audio system or something. They look like headphone jacks. I haven't tried connecting them to my PC speakers, but maybe I will at one point. If you look closely enough, you'll see that I actually have these microphones displayed wrong. I think they look better the way that I have them. There are little clips that you can use to put the bases together if you have the bases oriented as intended, but I think Ranka's microphone gets too covered up by Sheryl's microphone and the vertical part of the base. The bases don't look 100% like they belong together like this, but it's not hard to hide the imperfections. All in all, they're cute, but I'll probably keep them in their boxes for most of their lives. Maybe if I come up with some space to display them then maybe I'll get them back out, but I'm not really in a hurry to do so.

52353885228_24c18e0c6d_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Gamma00Ray said:
I was totally taken by marketing. They're good things, but I totally could have not gotten these (rofl) They ran an ad for these before the Macross Frontier movies they showed in theaters in the US last spring, and I was sold. I was so sold. All it took was the incredibly cute voice actresses from the Macross Frontier anime talking about them for me to want them. Oh man, that's some dangerous advertising (rofl)

These are microphones that the main characters Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee of the anime series and movies Macross Frontier use in the anime. (You guys know this, but I copied and pasted this from elsewhere, so bear with me.) They're good little things. Not great, but good. The details are decent. Perhaps not fantastic, but decent. They're lightweight, and that could actually be a positive thing if you're going to use these all day long in your Sheryl and Ranka cosplays at conventions. They play little voice clips of the characters, and they play the songs from the show. There's even an infrared-enabled duet mode that could be fun if you're into that. The microphones have full vocal muting karaoke modes that you can turn on and off at any time during the songs. The microphones kind of fail in karaoke purposes two ways. First, there are no actual microphones in them. It doesn't amplify your voice. Second, the built-in speaker is really weak. I couldn't find a way to increase the volume. There's enough English in the manual to say that I'm pretty confident that there is no way to increase the volume of the speaker. I took a video of one of Sheryl's songs playing, and you could barely hear it, so it wasn't worth risking a copyright issue to share it. The microphones have an audio-out that can be used to connect to an audio system or something. They look like headphone jacks. I haven't tried connecting them to my PC speakers, but maybe I will at one point. If you look closely enough, you'll see that I actually have these microphones displayed wrong. I think they look better the way that I have them. There are little clips that you can use to put the bases together if you have the bases oriented as intended, but I think Ranka's microphone gets too covered up by Sheryl's microphone and the vertical part of the base. The bases don't look 100% like they belong together like this, but it's not hard to hide the imperfections. All in all, they're cute, but I'll probably keep them in their boxes for most of their lives. Maybe if I come up with some space to display them then maybe I'll get them back out, but I'm not really in a hurry to do so.

52353885228_24c18e0c6d_b.jpg

GameStop has these in the USA, but NOT Valks. Leaves me stunned.

19 hours ago, Radioguy said:

GameStop has these in the USA, but NOT Valks. Leaves me stunned.

I guess it's just what they were pushing for some reason. I remember seeing a Valkyrie in the promos before the movies, but they did not push it. It was kind of odd. But I guess they felt the microphones would be the bigger draw in Japan, and the promos seemed Japan-focused even if they appeared to have been shot in the same sessions as the US-focused bonus content before the movies.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:59 PM, sh9000 said:

ECC56A8B-50AE-4D98-883A-1C0D3DDA2393.jpeg.db2da7b017c5fc914c29ed2d96a7c13f.jpeg

Another GI Joe Classified Alley Viper.  This one will stay MISB.

Have the ones you opened the same ankle guard orientation as this one?

My copy of the Alley Viper looks the same, but it feels like the boots are swapped.

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

Have the ones you opened the same ankle guard orientation as this one?

My copy of the Alley Viper looks the same, but it feels like the boots are swapped.

I'll have to check.  I've opened a few and the rest are still in their boxes.

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Do you know if the swing wings work on that F-14?

Yes they do.

11 hours ago, Scyla said:

Thanks, the ankle guards look the same to me on all of them. I guess it is just an odd sculpt.

No problem.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:23 PM, Slave IV said:

Oh cool! I'll have to get some of those then. It looks just like the Matchbox release that had fixed wings but I guess HW stepped it up a bit.

I'll keep an eye out for a spare.