Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 hours ago, Pontus said:

I figured it wasn't fair to the other Delta ladies not to have at least some representation when I have 3 (possibly going on 4) Freyja figures.  Even so, Freyja figures are all just too darn cute to have just one! :wub:

And of course, I can't afford to spend oodles of moola on all 5 DX, but I can't have all 5 figures without matching valks.  I really liked the Tomytecs but they only made 2.  I thought about doing 1/72 kits but don't want to build them (and also expensive), so these lil Bandai Mecha Collection numbers should suffice for a nice display behind each figure.

Got a good deal on Chuck's DX, but now I might have to collect all of the spy/recon valks.  Boohoo.

IMG_20220817_215809404.jpg.84e34d67b2fbf8bcf3aa91dfbab517c0.jpg

Looks great. I have the SHF Freya and Mikumo and hoed Bandai would release the rest of Walkure as TWE but that will never happen.

So I need to get those because I too want to have them displayed with the Valkyries.

Are they hard to find on Mandarake?

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

Looks great. I have the SHF Freya and Mikumo and hoed Bandai would release the rest of Walkure as TWE but that will never happen.

So I need to get those because I too want to have them displayed with the Valkyries.

Are they hard to find on Mandarake?

Manda had them for just 400yen, but only 2 of them.  I found mine on ebay, all 4 for $110 or so.  That seems extreme for $4 kits, but Manda probably would want at least $40 in shipping.  Amazon has a couple of them too, and I think they were $15 or so, but didn't have all of them  I could have bought them individually on ebay for much less, but there was one that was going for a crazy price iirc, so it was about the same buying from one seller.  I'm in the wrong business, or at least the wrong side of it.  

13 hours ago, Pontus said:

I figured it wasn't fair to the other Delta ladies not to have at least some representation when I have 3 (possibly going on 4) Freyja figures.  Even so, Freyja figures are all just too darn cute to have just one! :wub:

And of course, I can't afford to spend oodles of moola on all 5 DX, but I can't have all 5 figures without matching valks.  I really liked the Tomytecs but they only made 2.  I thought about doing 1/72 kits but don't want to build them (and also expensive), so these lil Bandai Mecha Collection numbers should suffice for a nice display behind each figure.

Got a good deal on Chuck's DX, but now I might have to collect all of the spy/recon valks.  Boohoo.

IMG_20220817_215809404.jpg.84e34d67b2fbf8bcf3aa91dfbab517c0.jpg

Back when these Banpresto SQ Delta figures were released, I was deciding between these or their Blau-Blume version. Ultimately, decided to go for the latter to show more uniformity as a group. Later on, I thought to pick up this set in their original costumes same as yours above, but by then only individual figures popped up sporadically. Pretty surprised more versions weren't made, as I think there were other costume sets especially in the first Delta movie..

12 hours ago, Pontus said:

Weeping?  Srsly?  Dang tho, that is a gorgeous figure!  Congrats Miria on finally getting your man.

Thanks. :hi:

PVC weep/sweat is an affliction that look to be quite common for vinyl figures made up to circa the mid-2000s. Of all the CM's Macross Collection figures, the Miria 639 set they made for Yamato is the most prolific & worst offender. She's as sticky as any of our favorite childhood candy, and I have to clean & bath her just about every other year. There'll be a small pool of goo around her feet whenever I pull her off the shelves for that. 

30 minutes ago, MKT said:

Back when these Banpresto SQ Delta figures were released, I was deciding between these or their Blau-Blume version. Ultimately, decided to go for the latter to show more uniformity as a group. Later on, I thought to pick up this set in their original costumes same as yours above, but by then only individual figures popped up sporadically. Pretty surprised more versions weren't made, as I think there were other costume sets especially in the first Delta movie..

I got mine from this wonderful ebay seller that had all 6 figures I wanted (used without boxes, but very well packaged), combined shipping, AND discounted the multiple purchases by $40.  She still has some Macross figures including some of the Blau versions and at least 1 schoolgirl version that you might be interested in.

I got too many toys recently.

52267037277_f11b719ea6_c.jpg

I picked up a Traxxas Latrax Rally for racing in Aberdeen, NJ at The Hobby Shop this fall.

52284101089_86eebf778d_c.jpg

I think I posted in the past that I got a mini Sega Genesis joystick. I picked up some more. Now I can have two or more players for my dolly stuff.

52292964933_82e6b0d0df_c.jpg

52292964873_67488d4c38_c.jpg

I got this Rumbling Hearts/Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien figure of Mitsuki Hayase. I've had her friend Haruka Suzumiya for years. (The one on the right in the second pic.)

52295039618_69663c6b34_c.jpg

And here's a wedding gown figure of Tamaki Kousaka from To Heart 2. You could say that she's literally mai waifu :D

Edited by Gamma00Ray

Got a selection of 3d printed Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeada (and, um Robotech) starship minis from a few Etsy folks to go along with my Space Battleship Yamato Mechanical Collection gashapons. I am waiting for the support bases to arrive for the Macross/Mospeada bits, but stole some of the Yamato bases for the Southern Cross ships:

No description available.

No description available.

Will move things around to display them better once I get everything loaded on bases. 

Here's some of the Yamato guys I already had that are roughly the same size:

No photo description available.

Just got Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A! Now I just to figure out where to put the decals. I’m surprised that no decal instructions came with the Valkyrie!?! Kind of makes things difficult. But love the Macross Jet!

Twich

16 hours ago, twich said:

Just got Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A! Now I just to figure out where to put the decals. I’m surprised that no decal instructions came with the Valkyrie!?! Kind of makes things difficult. But love the Macross Jet!

Twich

Yeah they never came with instructions for sticker/decal placement.

I just used the PF edition for decal placement.

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Sh9000

Your collecting is very impressive. You don’t back down and double down on everything. How do you keep tabs and store so much? Inventory everything or just wing it?

As for me I just picked up a VF-2SS FOR SUPER CHEAP.

image.jpeg.00d3ac93c361a0c0aad621b88ba94ac9.jpeg

Thanks.  I'm currently trying to cut back on some toys.  I document and inventory everything but I know some of my earlier collection wasn't properly documented.  I also keep track of most of my collection on the Toyark forum.  Everything is stored in my spare rooms.  Your VF-2SS looks good there.

FB0AF692-C00B-4C2B-8561-4B199A4EC145.jpeg.781879524a6f6204baa544cde6f02877.jpeg

Disney Pixar Lightyear XL-14.  Reminds me of a Legioss.

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I'm currently trying to cut back on some toys.  I document and inventory everything but I know some of my earlier collection wasn't properly documented.  I also keep track of most of my collection on the Toyark forum.  Everything is stored in my spare rooms.  Your VF-2SS looks good there.

FB0AF692-C00B-4C2B-8561-4B199A4EC145.jpeg.781879524a6f6204baa544cde6f02877.jpeg

Disney Pixar Lightyear XL-14.  Reminds me of a Legioss.

Thanks for sharing those details. It just amazing me how fast you keep collecting. Good thing your an organized collector.

That Lightyear ship is pretty cool. But it reminds me of the Vehicle Voltron Red ship from the aerial team.

Also thanks on the VF-2SS. I’ve got quite a few. I came across this at such a low price that I couldn’t resist. And yeah it is pretty cool. Not great by any means but cool nonetheless.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah they never came with instructions for sticker/decal placement.

I just used the PF edition for decal placement.

yeah, I used a combination of Tekering's posted photos and Anymoon's posted pictures and did the best that I could.  Since I am old and cant see worth a crap anymore, had my 13 year old put on the caution and no step stickers, he thought it was cool handling dad's New Macross Jet.

Twich

It's a cool set.  I have 3 sets coming in for retail price even though I already have Premium versions of them on individual cards.  The mold should have had side mirrors to begin with.  Luckily the SDCC 2022 KITT has side mirrors and a working scanner.

8C338DA5-E5EB-481B-B944-7D3F87C15EC8.jpeg.cc4c0c4ddddb1bdc9de86921f4edf4d4.jpeg

2F785B40-3173-4258-AC99-629E9EF09DC6.jpeg.9ed66b012d9b8dff9b867a498ac6ad2e.jpeg

Marvel Legends Silk and Doc Ock x2.