Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh my...  that looks so good!

*sigh*  Am I going to have to start collecting Macross toys again?  This might just be my first Macross purchase since I finished my PhD, got married, and became a mom. 

Also, hi again!  Been away from MWF for about a year, but hoping to pop back in a bit more often.

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well.

- Shizuka the Cat

Welcome back @Shizuka the Cat! Congrats on getting your PhD, getting married, and becoming a mom! :drinks:

All the best! :good: 

Welcome back @Shizuka the Cat (even though it’s a short visit)! 
As for Mirage’s 31ax.. Looks can be deceiving, but safe to say for now the two 31ax are unfinished flop and it’s known if the upcoming release of Booger’s unit will be better than Haya Haya’s or the “Next Best Girl’s” version. 
It’s not too late to get Max’s 29 Full Set if your interested. ;)

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh my...  that looks so good!

*sigh*  Am I going to have to start collecting Macross toys again?  This might just be my first Macross purchase since I finished my PhD, got married, and became a mom. 

Also, hi again!  Been away from MWF for about a year, but hoping to pop back in a bit more often.

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well.

- Shizuka the Cat

Congrats and that’s quite a few achievements! What better way to reward yourself by picking up a new valk?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Chogokin-Macross-Delta-Movie-Pre-painted/dp/B09KLLPHKK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3SLB7OA9N6G12&keywords=vf-31ax&qid=1653236249&sprefix=vf-31%2Caps%2C426&sr=8-1

10 hours ago, borgified said:

As for Mirage’s 31ax.. Looks can be deceiving, but safe to say for now the two 31ax are unfinished flop and it’s known if the upcoming release of Booger’s unit will be better than Haya Haya’s or the “Next Best Girl’s” version. 
It’s not too late to get Max’s 29 Full Set if your interested. ;)

Did you just say "Max's 29"?   Max?  In a 29?  (*confused blink blink*)

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Welcome back @Shizuka the Cat! Congrats on getting your PhD, getting married, and becoming a mom! :drinks:

10 hours ago, borgified said:

Thank you kindly.  I hope to be around more often. Though, now that I have baby to care for, I doubt I can handle pre-order madness like I used to.... but we'll see.

I already see a few Macross toys that came out that I am interested in.... like Armored Parts for the DX Chogokin VF-1J. But, then I think about how I need to save for Valkyrie's college education, and I just sit there staring at the Mandarake shopping cart and can't quite bring myself to click the checkout button. SIGH

41 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thank you kindly.  I hope to be around more often. Though, now that I have baby to care for, I doubt I can handle pre-order madness like I used to.... but we'll see.

I already see a few Macross toys that came out that I am interested in.... like Armored Parts for the DX Chogokin VF-1J. But, then I think about how I need to save for Valkyrie's college education, and I just sit there staring at the Mandarake shopping cart and can't quite bring myself to click the checkout button. SIGH

Plenty of time to save, who knows, maybe your Valk collection can pay for her education (congrats, by the way).  My wife and I used to trade off, she would go to bed at 9:00 and I would stay up until 1:00 AM for the "sew yeh" feeding, and she would get up for the 6:00 AM breakfast.  Worked out great, I managed to finish a ton of video games.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Did you just say "Max's 29"?   Max?  In a 29?  (*confused blink blink*)

Yep... Here's the thread for it. ;)

Don't mind the Megahouse Mylene in this pic as it's just a placement holder. 

The upgraded Alto 29 Full Set is the base to the Max 29 Full Set and get this... You can pre-order Max's 29 Full Set in the States and the upcoming HMR VF-0s, Just read the details in the thread created by @jvmacross .  

I'm sure that you will join in getting some of the newer Macross stuff that about to be released soon and your pics when you do get it! B)) 

Try this on for size and very useful around the kitchen if your cooking or into the Culinary Arts field. One decent good quality set will cost you around a price if a DX Valk. Read the reviews carefully and don’t go for the cheap bum sets that rusts/breaks apart/starts to chip away into pieces after a few days of useage. 

E02B44EC-CA53-4B25-9CBE-A47F9CCC4F80.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Sweet! Kakizaki is becoming the VF-11C of the DX line. ;)

Truly! Even Yahoo.jp auctions go for a hella markup. I was beginning to think that I would never get one.

Now my little Kakizaki corner is looking great! 

20220528_182123.jpg

20220528_182232.jpg

13 hours ago, rick.vale said:

Truly! Even Yahoo.jp auctions go for a hella markup. I was beginning to think that I would never get one.

Now my little Kakizaki corner is looking great! 

20220528_182123.jpg

20220528_182232.jpg

A Kakizaki fan? I thought they were a myth! :lol:

Kakizaki deserves more respect. Not much more, mind you. Perhaps even a little less. :rolleyes:

50477682453_0e4b7dbed2_k.jpg

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

A Kakizaki fan? I thought they were a myth! :lol:

Kakizaki deserves more respect. Not much more, mind you. Perhaps even a little less. :rolleyes:

50477682453_0e4b7dbed2_k.jpg

More about the color scheme than the character. 😅 Kakizaki was a fun goofball, though. I appreciate the breath of levity he brought to the series. That is a sick paint job! Wish I had the skills.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:00 AM, borgified said:

Try this on for size and very useful around the kitchen if your cooking or into the Culinary Arts field. One decent good quality set will cost you around a price if a DX Valk. Read the reviews carefully and don’t go for the cheap bum sets that rusts/breaks apart/starts to chip away into pieces after a few days of useage. 

Cool these would be perfect for my 1:1 Chucky figure :crazy:

On 5/28/2022 at 9:00 PM, borgified said:

So these are toys to @borgified :blink:

Just scored a terrific deal on amazon this weekend.

Guess these sets are not that popular here in Mexico.

IMG_20220530_094209.jpg.903998e5df009d7048d717e6b19547a2.jpg

Luna Lander came with 34% off and The Discovery with a whopping 25%

11 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@sh9000 - Ohh man!  I need that Alfa 8C and that green Volvo 850 Estate for my Top Gear Hot Wheels collection! 😄

Yeah I usually see cool or interesting looking cars and buy them.  The fact that they are close to scale with 1/60 scale Macross toys is a bonus.

3E645242-DD1B-4315-BA5C-477E2EF4477B.jpeg.6138940789c898a4e3c08f276ee77107.jpeg

Hot Wheels.