Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

9 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Very nice!! I've been temped to get these for a while now, what scale are they?

Technically non-scale but it's around 1/144 scale, maybe 1/170? Not a big toy but it's very poseable. The missile hatches open and the cockpit can be opened to reveal Klan sitting inside.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, Lolicon said:

Pixie Squadron

2108748972_pixiesquadron.jpg.2645b707b7f5da913160658c1bd4717b.jpg

Love these Q-Rheas as well. They are pretty fun to play with, although the hip joints can be a bit too loose out of the box. Here's a pic of partial display I set up for them:

MLevISX.jpg

16 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Mine's still sitting in my Pile O' Loot at BBTS. Soon he will face the Thing.😁

It's a good Hulk figure.  I just wish the heads were a little bit lighter green.

marvellegendsthehood3rd.JPG.2464244ffddb8008686d88b577016c80.JPG

Another Marvel Legends The Hood.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, MKT said:

Love these Q-Rheas as well. They are pretty fun to play with, although the hip joints can be a bit too loose out of the box. Here's a pic of partial display I set up for them:

MLevISX.jpg

That's a pretty sweet display! 

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That's a pretty sweet display! 

These old Yammies 1/48 arrived separately but on same day. Always chuckle a bit seeing the size of these boxes compared to Bandai's similarly sized Chogokin VF-1..

VH7Jq6U.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting any canon-colored valks at all from this line, but Hikaru's at only Yen 6000 from Mandarake is just too good to pass up. Even though fit & finish is not as good as the succeeding Yammie v2 1/60 VF-1s, for a 20-year old release it is still so much fun to handle in Fighter. Everything can be locked together properly, and easy to swoosh around. Can't say that for a certain other, very recently released magenta colored valk. :rolleyes:

VnYBLU3.jpg

Still, for a 20-year old design, the underside shows its age, with head and arms hanging down too low. Nevertheless, landing gear detail is still the best till today of all the VF-1 toys out there..

sTg85cM.jpg

Edited by MKT
typo

3 hours ago, MKT said:

These old Yammies 1/48 arrived separately but on same day. Always chuckle a bit seeing the size of these boxes compared to Bandai's similarly sized Chogokin VF-1..

VH7Jq6U.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting any canon-colored valks at all from this line, but Hikaru's at only Yen 6000 from Mandarake is just too good to pass up. Even though fit & finish is not as good as the succeeding Yammie v2 1/60 VF-1s, for a 20 year old release it still so much fun to handle in Fighter. Everything can be locked together properly, and easy to swoosh around. Can't say that for a other certain other, very recently released magenta colored valk. :rolleyes:

VnYBLU3.jpg

Still, for a 20-year old design, the underside shows its age, with head and arms hanging down too low. Nevertheless, the landing gear detail is still the best till today of all the VF-1 toys out there..

sTg85cM.jpg

Nice! I only had a couple of Yamato 1/48s from back in the day before I sold them to make way for the newer 1/60 versions, but for only 6000 yen I would have definitely picked them up from Mandarake had I seen them.

They're definitely a little dated and that battroid mode looks a bit dodgy, but in fighter they still look great even next to Bandai's DX.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:02 PM, sh9000 said:

large.dxvf31axmirage.JPG.2233eaf89696e2cff6f02824ac6688aa.JPG

DX VF-31AX Mirage.

Oh my...  that looks so good!

*sigh*  Am I going to have to start collecting Macross toys again?  This might just be my first Macross purchase since I finished my PhD, got married, and became a mom. 

Also, hi again!  Been away from MWF for about a year, but hoping to pop back in a bit more often.

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well.

- Shizuka the Cat