Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

While wondering if Arcadia would consider a reissue of the VF-1D, I came across this little gem and snapped it up right away. (No option parts but I can live without those for now) 

The toy for its age is extremely clean & snug, only issue are those dreaded cracked shoulders, luckily I have a spare set from Shapeways and know how to fix it, for what I paid for this VF-1D, a small repair is worth it. B))👍

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

2 hours ago, badboy00z said:

Just recently splurged on 3 new Valks. Had the VF-25S 2.0 since Frontier came out but bought the Siegfried, Kairos and VF-19 Advance all within 2 weeks after finally watching Delta. Spent more money than I should have but oh well. lol

20211118_151115.jpg

20211118_151204.jpg

20211118_151157.jpg

20211118_151149.jpg

20211118_151136.jpg

20211118_151519.jpg

That's one hell of a haul, I'll bet that Kairos cost you a pretty penny... but it's a damn impressive Valkyrie! 

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

While wondering if Arcadia would consider a reissue of the VF-1D, I came across this little gem and snapped it up right away. (No option parts but I can live without those for now) 

The toy for its age is extremely clean & snug, only issue are those dreaded cracked shoulders, luckily I have a spare set from Shapeways and know how to fix it, for what I paid for this VF-1D, a small repair is worth it. B))👍

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

5upkkn.jpg.c676b899ba783cd11390e2091be72125.jpg

With a simple repair of swapping out bad shoulders for new Shapeways shoulders and we're good as new. If anyone else wants to do this repair and salvage the Old "Knurled" pins, make sure you file them down till they're nice & smooth. B))

Also, for everything the new DX can do, the Yamato V.2 still has one advantage with its removable cockpit. 👍

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

9 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

With a simple repair of swapping out bad shoulders for new Shapeways shoulders and we're good as new. If anyone else wants to do this repair and salvage the Old "Knurled" pins, make sure you file them down till they're nice & smooth. B))

Also, for everything the new DX can do, the Yamato V.2 still has one advantage with its removable cockpit and seated Minmay figure👍

IMG_2500.JPG

Awesome score! Also, I fixed your post. 8)

4 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice!! :lol::lol:

@Lolicon I meant ask you, did you get a DX VF-1D and if so, did you paint the landing gear white? 

I did but I've been in the process of moving to my new house so I haven't been able to do any kind of hobby work aside from opening a few boxes. Most of my things are still boxed up or in storage. Maybe soon... 

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I did but I've been in the process of moving to my new house so I haven't been able to do any kind of hobby work aside from opening a few boxes. Most of my things are still boxed up or in storage. Maybe soon... 

Moving is never fun, I've had to do it a few times. Hopefully you're back to your old routines soon enough & you can break out the goods! B))

19 minutes ago, tekering said:

...and then you'll want a figure to ride it. :unsure:

I figure at some point WAVE or someone with 3D printing skills will come up with a solution.

The Hound Mono bike is a personal favorite of mine, so I'm glad to have a few finally. 

Bunkajin — Venus Wars - 1989