Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

@sh9000 - How is the Autobot Ark? Worth getting? Saw him at Target and considered getting him, but held off as it is pricey.

I haven't opened it.  I'll refer you to the best Transformers and 3rd Party Transformers reviewer on this forum @mikeszekely when he gets his and reviews it.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I haven't opened it.  I'll refer you to the best Transformers and 3rd Party Transformers reviewer on this forum @mikeszekely when he gets his and reviews it.

Thanks for the love, @sh9000

I've got the Ark pre-ordered at Pulse, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to ship it.

Recent Megazone 23 purchase arrivals:

After getting my first Garland toy from Arcadia back few years ago, I went on a hunt for the older Yamato releases, starting with the repaints. Kudos to @jenius for his reviews. The original Yamato red Garland always eluded me, in a sense it was tough to find one that hasn't had exploding metal bars or shoulders, or the very elusive red metallic gift set version with fixed joints & better paint.

So when the normal red appeared on Mandarake for super low price and with no remarks of damaged or broken joints, I jumped on it. Duly checked when it arrived and very stoked that all the joints are indeed intact on this copy..

202854820_RedGarland.jpg.071caea5ca73b5aecda4909f92332f04.jpg

As luck would have it, when it rains it pours, but in a good way. Right after the red Garland purchase, the red metallic gift set version suddenly shows up for sale elsewhere. I have never, ever seen this pop up anywhere before, so was even more excited with this purchase and the anticipation of it when the package was on the way.. :D

And so it finally arrives..

117545897_GarlandMetallicver.jpg.d703084228e63e9b60bd161a91767ab2.jpg

Although the DVD is quite obsolete now, the icing on this red metallic version is the VERY nice artbook that comes with it.. Can't wait to set all these up with the other Garlands.. :yahoo:

493647117_GarlandMetalliccontents.jpg.1c5a5b46147a24675e77c056597b7703.jpg

On 9/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, grymg said:

Tamiya Grasshopper 😃

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

11 hours ago, CrossAir said:

This was my first real RC car as a kid! I loved it and used it up until it was completely broken and even repairs did not help any more 😪

(Still have a Madcap though)

Oh damn! I just realized after the repost that this is the Grasshopper! Is that still being produced? I guess you can't beat a tried and true classic that that?!

Yeah, Tamiya is slowly rereleasing all of the classics.  I remember the Frog the most vividly out of all their old ones.  Always saw it perched on the shelf behind the counter but didn't have the courage to ever buy one, they were quite expensive.   

2 hours ago, grymg said:

Yeah, Tamiya is slowly rereleasing all of the classics.  I remember the Frog the most vividly out of all their old ones.  Always saw it perched on the shelf behind the counter but didn't have the courage to ever buy one, they were quite expensive.   

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. The Grasshopper is such a classic. My wish back then is The Hornet.

But if I really going to buy a Tamiya R/C today, I want to have the Porsche 959. Vroom vroom! B))

Bringing back so many memories! The Frog! Hahaha. I'm with you @no3Ljm 959! But I wouldn't want to scratch that one.:D

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Bringing back so many memories! The Frog! Hahaha. I'm with you @no3Ljm 959! But I wouldn't want to scratch that one.:D

What's so funny is that I've seen some video reviews of the Tamiya Porsche 959 and mostly say that the top is so fragile and it's hard to open it up from the frame. I wonder, if I should just scout for a 1/18 Porsche 959 diecast car to display with rather than to play with it. Hahaha! :lol: 

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What's so funny is that I've seen some video reviews of the Tamiya Porsche 959 and mostly say that the top is so fragile and it's hard to open it up from the frame. I wonder, if I should just scout for a 1/18 Porsche 959 diecast car to display with rather than to play with it. Hahaha! :lol: 

Lol, that's what I did.

cars_dsc06948-jpg.28168402

Three of my all time favorite cars!

2 hours ago, tekering said:

My liege! :hail:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

It's either pledge to the Leader of Mandalore or be a Ring Wraith and pledge allegiance to the person that wears the "One Ring that Rules them all". :ph34r:

Edit: Can't even spell correctly. 

😁 I shall be a just leader as long as you all come up with ample amounts of Beskar to show your loyalty. 

Seriously though, this thing is pretty cool. Could be better in a few areas (mainly the blade) but it’s a pretty impressive piece overall. 

On 9/11/2021 at 1:54 AM, Slave IV said:

😁 I shall be a just leader as long as you all come up with ample amounts of Beskar to show your loyalty. 

Seriously though, this thing is pretty cool. Could be better in a few areas (mainly the blade) but it’s a pretty impressive piece overall. 

I'm coming over to your house and taking it in battle!:D