Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don't really follow Miata's but I like "fat" cars, especially if it means wider stance or beefier tires. Part of why I did the OEM Widebody conversion on my S4. Sounds like you have the right idea making the changes where it counts when it comes to a driver's car. All I know is Miata's have always been fun cars and I was surprised when I heard the newest shares the Z4 platform.

Nice pair of Valks there too!

I do like fat cars too, lol. Yeah, It is the Ford years. They were working with Mazda, and they instructed them to use the RX-8 platform to produce the MK3 NC Miata. As a result the NC Miata is a little bigger than the other two previous Miatas, as it runs in the shortened, lightened RX-8 platform. My car actually has interchangeable parts with the Rx-8. My Miata's wiper stalk is actually a used one from an Rx-8, since i like their intermittent wiper levels better. The new Supra shares the Z4 platform, not the ND mk4 MIata's. 

8 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Miata

Is

Always

The

Answer

Congrats!  I've had a 2000 since 05 and it has never failed to put a smile on my face with how obscenely fun these glorified go-carts are to throw around roads of all kinds... especially twisty ones. 

Amen, it is always the answer. A friend of mine also drives an MK2 NB Miata, and he adores it. He has an RX-7, a modified Mazdaspeed 3, and he mostly drives the Miata. If anything the Miata always had a bad image, as a powerless girl car, but in reality it is the most raced car in the world. Cheap to buy use, cheap to fix, and fun to drive. If you google "the most raced car in the world", the answer will be...

5 hours ago, borgified said:

@Slave IV -  I question you on the quote that the Miata shares the same platform as the Z4.. 🤔 The present Fiat (and the suped up Abrath model) shares the same Mazda Eunos/Miata chassis, however the present Toyota Supra shares the BMW Z4 chassis (that's why you see BMW's guts and trim reused on the Supra but with the Toyota logo emblazed on it). 

As much as I do like the Eunos/Miata, my heart always preferred the Suzuki Cappuccino/Daihatsu Copen/Nissan Figaro.

This is correct, the Fiat 124 spyder shares the totally new Mk4 ND Miata platform.

I loved my modified WRX[s] but i adore this tiny thing. It took me a long time to find the perfect one for me, but ii am so glad I waited this long.

Edit in: Going back to the Valks. I have always loved that initial moment when Roy was trying to familiarize HIkaru with the VF-1 in the middle of an invasion. Then he goes and takes a boogie out, and gets separated. I wanted a Valkyrie so bad back then, and it was just impossible to get. It is amazing to live in a time when we can have 1/100, 1/60, and 1/48 finished versions of our beloved Mecha heroes. I really wish Bandai would've given us a tiny sitting Minmei for the back seat. I mean, they gave us a tiny Misa for the HMR VT-1, which was nice. I don't get it, Bandai, I don't get it!

Edited by vlenhoff

I finally completed a valkyrie I always wanted , VF-1D with super parts. Finding a set of them for a decent price was a challenge.

Also got a VF-2SS, I regret selling my first one so needed another.

And also finally got myself a dream car, always wanted a turbo sport car and since I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I thought it was the time to get and enjoy with whatever time I have left.

757D923C-4091-4E93-BC9B-8AC5693D4943.jpeg

EDB4C5C8-6437-49F8-BE8B-BC15664B9CB9.jpeg

2461D895-BCA6-4AAE-8CBB-B800FC04D583.jpeg

028F11D0-25EE-4B87-8794-AADB39607BAC.jpeg

Edited by Saviant

27 minutes ago, Saviant said:

I finally completed a valkyrie I always wanted , VF-1D with super parts. Finding a set of them for a decent price was a challenge.

And also finally got myself a dream car, always wanted a turbo sport car and since I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I thought it was the time to get and enjoy with whatever time I have left.

Congrats on the pickups! So sorry to hear about your illness. That’s tough…F cancer!

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Congrats on the pickups! So sorry to hear about your illness. That’s tough…F cancer!

Thanks I was only given 4 months to live when I was diagnosed, if I didn’t end up in hospital I wouldn’t of survived 2 months. That was how close I was, but I am here living in what form I can. Some days it is bad pain and all that others is good so I take it as it comes

1 minute ago, Saviant said:

Thanks I was only given 4 months to live when I was diagnosed, if I didn’t end up in hospital I wouldn’t of survived 2 months. That was how close I was, but I am here living in what form I can. Some days it is bad pain and all that others is good so I take it as it comes

My heart and blessings go out to you. I took care of my mom while she fought cancer and was there to the end.

4 hours ago, Saviant said:

Holy crap dude. :blink: Yeah, live it up man! Grats on the new valks and dream car!

4 hours ago, Saviant said:

Sorry to hear this... but also pleased to hear couple of dreams fulfilled. Love the choice of one of best FWD handler as your ride.

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Sorry to hear this... but also pleased to hear couple of dreams fulfilled. Love the choice of one of best FWD handler as your ride.

Thanks so much I have to enjoy it while I can.

the I30n is the latest model with dct and it is an incredible vehicle, I gave it a launch today and it spins the wheels in 1st and second gear, the lsd in it is impressive.

( Shizuka the Pregnant Cat, Ph.D. peeks in. )

Wait, there's a Bandai 1/48 VF-1D out now?!?!

Any other upcoming releases + pre-orders coming up soon?  I am sooo out of the loop nowadays.

I miss collecting valkyries, but since I have my own little pilot arriving in a couple of months, I am trying to be good/responsible.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Meow!

P.S.

I miss seeing @jenius post videos to his ScorchedEarthToys YouTube channel on a weekly basis.

P.P.S.

I have been marathoning Star Trek, thanks to encouragement from one of my friends/former classmates.  I miss seeing men wearing one-piece dresses without pants in The Next Generation!  Bring them back!!!!

On 8/22/2021 at 3:45 AM, Saviant said:

Wow mate, that's tough. Really sorry to hear that. Enjoy the new collection and the car. 

On 8/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, Saviant said:

My heart goes out to you sir. :hi: Congrats on your purchases on the other hand. Live life to the fullest. Stay safe and enjoy! :good: 

7 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Got this from Mandarake and it's great!!

IMG_5860.jpg

IMG_5861.jpg

I liked collecting this too. Surprisingly, this Mylene & associated Minmay figure are still at very wallet friendly prices. The paint may be a bit flat, but the combined stage and book packaging gives them a nice charm..

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Very nice! I got one of those too.

Did you get the accompanying Minmay?

No, I did not. Minmay did not look that great.

6 hours ago, MKT said:

I liked collecting this too. Surprisingly, this Mylene & associated Minmay figure are still at very wallet friendly prices. The paint may be a bit flat, but the combined stage and book packaging gives them a nice charm..

I know, Mylene was only 600 yen - a steal! I love the Megahouse Macross 7 statues coming in Dec, but they're just too expensive for me (for a statue).

On 8/21/2021 at 10:19 PM, Saviant said:

Sorry to hear Saviant. I hope you're enjoying your ride. Sometimes I go for drives, not necessarily to a destination, but only to enjoy the ride. Sort things out, listen to music, listen to the wind, and the sound of the engine. Man and machine in glorious harmony. Have fun, and drive defensively.

The VF-2SS and the 1D are two of my favorites. I also wanted the 1D badly. It was the very first Valk I ever wanted. Sadly NY stiffed me with the fast packs, but hey, one day i'll get a set. Nice display too man.

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

( Shizuka the Pregnant Cat, Ph.D. peeks in. )

Wait, there's a Bandai 1/48 VF-1D out now?!?!

Any other upcoming releases + pre-orders coming up soon?  I am sooo out of the loop nowadays.

I miss collecting valkyries, but since I have my own little pilot arriving in a couple of months, I am trying to be good/responsible.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Meow!

P.S.

I miss seeing @jenius post videos to his ScorchedEarthToys YouTube channel on a weekly basis.

P.P.S.

I have been marathoning Star Trek, thanks to encouragement from one of my friends/former classmates.  I miss seeing men wearing one-piece dresses without pants in The Next Generation!  Bring them back!!!!

Congrats on the new Hikkie!

Upppgraaaayyydddd on the left. Man, Bandi knocked it all the way out of the park with this one. I'm super impressed. Now, to figure out where it's actually going to live.:D

The one on the right is going up for sale.

IMG_9225.JPG.4508b1ab5fc46272dc437f5b3bde57ec.JPG

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Upppgraaaayyydddd on the left. Man, Bandi knocked it all the way out of the park with this one. I'm super impressed. Now, to figure out where it's actually going to live.:D

Sweet!

I haven't opened my re-issue KB yet (from Hobby Search), I don't have any place to display it. And I've still got one at HLJ that I haven't shipped yet.

I get from your feedback that it's a pretty solid release, is there anything in particular you really like, or you're annoyed with?

-b.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, Saviant said:

You're a better man than me. In the same situation I would go full "Hookers and heroine".:D

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :(

58 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Sweet!

I haven't opened my re-issue KB yet (from Hobby Search), I don't have any place to display it. And I've still got one at HLJ that I haven't shipped yet.

I get from your feedback that it's a pretty solid release, is there anything in particular you really like, or you're annoyed with?

-b.

I love so much about it it's hard to make a list. It's beautiful, the paint seems an inch thick, the details are amazing, the magnetic bodywork is cool, it weighs a TON! The lights are super cool, and I'm not a light guy. This is the first toy I put batteries in. 

My only gripes are that when you pick it up it feels like it has a small "hinge" in the middle. It's not exactly a brick That's being really picky though. I also wish that having Kanedas goggles separate  from his head would be nice. I'd like to have the option of putting them up on his head. Another small gripe.

You're right my man, It's HUGE! I'm going to have an acrylic display box made for it so I can put it on top of my cabinets without the worry of dust.

22 hours ago, sqidd said:

Congrats! That 1/6 set is really a centerpiece. :good:  

I wonder if Medicom upgraded the fabric on the costume. Do you have the old release to compare?

Also, the one on the right, is that McFarlane's?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats! That 1/6 set is really a centerpiece. :good:  

I wonder if Medicom upgraded the fabric on the costume. Do you have the old release to compare?

Also, the one on the right, is that McFarlane's?

I don't have the old figure.

Yeah, that's the McFarlane. The weathered one. It's actually really cool.