Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 5/29/2021 at 2:54 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up! I normally don't buy Valks without the boxes but I made the exception for these. :D

IMG_7842.JPG

IMG_7843.JPG

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7851.JPG

What scale/manufacturer are these M&Ms?

transformersgenerationsretrohighbrowwalmart.thumb.JPG.d6bb43a45fced120b4996193e2978c75.JPG

transformersgenerationsretroweirdwolfwalmart.thumb.JPG.081740f50cc57a60ef5fa8d403ebd375.JPG

Transformers Generations Retro Highbrow and Weirdwolf.

starwarsblackserieslucasfilm50thclonewarsarctrooperechotarget.thumb.JPG.458a29a9b90eb25c6306119b8d3a9416.JPG

Star Wars Black Series Lucasfilm 50th Clone Wars Arc Trooper Echo.

112cranegame.thumb.JPG.441687bf2c00a3a831850a798455557d.JPG

1/12 scale crane game.

hotwheels6221.thumb.JPG.9700ad9926327585aa1d6944fcefdfd4.JPG

Hot Wheels.

Received ZD Toys' Mark 5 & 6, with corresponding Hall of Armor couple days ago..

QzhcKBS.jpg

Already have the Mark 2 - 4, now just awaiting release of their Mark 1, Mark 7 & 42 to complete the whole Iron Man 3 hall of armor scene..

8excnuY.jpg

It's good to know that ZD Toys is making Iron Man figures, for those of us who

• don't like the articulation on the Marvel Legends Iron Man figures
  • don't like the proportions on the Revoltech Iron Man figures
  • don't like the paint on the MAFEX Iron Man figures
  • don't like the scale of the SH Figuarts Iron Man figures
  • don't like the weight of the Comicave Studios Iron Man figures
  • don't like the sculpt on the DST Marvel Select Iron Man figures
  • don't like the price of the ThreeZero Iron Man figures

I just wish there were more manufacturers making 1:12 Iron Man figures.  :crazy:

11 hours ago, tekering said:

I just wish there were more manufacturers making 1:12 Iron Man figures.  :crazy:

Haha, great thing for me is I don't care about MCU Iron Man figures and I'm not a scale Nazi so my Iron Man collection is centered around Sentinel and Mezco!:p

c0c864a4-5a0e-4eb0-984f-af0067dd1bc6-jpe

WIP...Mezco and other figures still in storage somewhere...

Edited by Slave IV

12 hours ago, tekering said:

Lol.. there are just so many choices. Like @Slave IV, MCU Iron Mans (and other MCU figures) were never on my radar, and I was quite satisfied with just Sentinel's interpretation of their Iron Man figures.

ZD Toy's pricing was just too good to pass up, especially at this level of paint, sculpt & detail. Articulation isn't strong, but for Hall of Armor style display, articulation isn't really much needed anyway. Size is actually slightly larger than 1/12, the size of the Sentinel Re:Edits.

Thanks @ValkAddict

its supposed to be my Marvel shelf but I haven’t had a chance to clear out my other shelves yet so it’s been serving as a miscellaneous shelf. 

This was a few months ago:

Shelf-3-2020.thumb.jpg.8d76f797da3099f576de3f73d13e3b46.jpg

This is now:

96FECA88-72CB-43FA-812E-B3235008CB0E.thumb.jpeg.4c31ca6a3558815c9209eea3988599fa.jpeg

Spider-Man, Avengers and Iron Man shelves are well underway. Fantastic Four shelf itching to be setup, X-Men shelf has been controlled by some crazy futuristic Mecha for a while and they don’t seem ready to move on. 

Edited by Slave IV

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, great thing for me is I don't care about MCU Iron Man figures and I'm not a scale Nazi so my Iron Man collection is centered around Sentinel and Mezco!:p

c0c864a4-5a0e-4eb0-984f-af0067dd1bc6-jpe

WIP...Mezco and other figures still in storage somewhere...

I really should have gotten that comic-style Hulkbuster...

Yamato 1/48 Stealth w/ Strike Pack. Probably the only Yamato VF-1 I'll ever get, just love this color scheme. Quite a different experience from the Bandai DXs. Snagged it off Mandarake for a decent price, although shipping was killer. Box was a bit beat up but the contents were pristine. 

My one big gripe about Yamato is... They make their boxes so freaking huge. Shipping them sucks! 

20210604_013831.jpg

10 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Yamato 1/48 Stealth w/ Strike Pack. Probably the only Yamato VF-1 I'll ever get, just love this color scheme. Quite a different experience from the Bandai DXs. Snagged it off Mandarake for a decent price, although shipping was killer. Box was a bit beat up but the contents were pristine. 

My one big gripe about Yamato is... They make their boxes so freaking huge. Shipping them sucks! 

20210604_013831.jpg

That right there is a beautiful shot!

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That right there is a beautiful shot!

Thanks! I'm looking for a second set of the Fext hobby background so I can get a bit more space to spread out... And add some maintenance crew figures. Right now the VF-1s barely fit lol. 

20210517_133624.jpg

2 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Thanks! I'm looking for a second set of the Fext hobby background so I can get a bit more space to spread out... And add some maintenance crew figures. Right now the VF-1s barely fit lol. 

20210517_133624.jpg

Nice! Those FEXT sets are sweet! I still need to put some of mine together. I love the way the clear parts diffuse light. 

And totally agree with what you said about the color scheme...best deco ever on a VF-1 figure. That comparison picture shows how great the Yamato release is and after all these years and all the improvements, the DX still can’t compare in so many ways. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks @ValkAddict

its supposed to be my Marvel shelf but I haven’t had a chance to clear out my other shelves yet so it’s been serving as a miscellaneous shelf. 

This was a few months ago:

Shelf-3-2020.thumb.jpg.8d76f797da3099f576de3f73d13e3b46.jpg

This is now:

96FECA88-72CB-43FA-812E-B3235008CB0E.thumb.jpeg.4c31ca6a3558815c9209eea3988599fa.jpeg

Spider-Man, Avengers and Iron Man shelves are well underway. Fantastic Four shelf itching to be setup, X-Men shelf has been controlled by some crazy futuristic Mecha for a while and they don’t seem ready to move on. 

Sweet Marvel collection @Slave IV - thanks for posting the pics! That Galactus looks awesome

13 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Sweet Marvel collection @Slave IV - thanks for posting the pics! That Galactus looks awesome

Thanks! That Galactus is a key piece that I have cherished since I got it. Feels like something may be coming to maybe make it obsolete but not really, I’ll still have that one around and it fits perfectly on that shelf. 

Great snag on the 1/48 Yammie Stealth 1J + SSP Combo @leeboo1211:good:

I know that this was listed for a long time and no one even dared to get it due to the fact the DHL is a killer with a stinkin huge box and pitted to hell. Let me guess that you paid close to mid 20k yen for shipping so in total to 50k yen when everything combined?

Now that you officially joined the 1/48 Yammie Club, this makes you the following.  

one-of-us-one-of-us-one-of-us.jpg

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

Great snag on the 1/48 Yammie Stealth 1J + SSP Combo @leeboo1211:good:

I know that this was listed for a long time and no one even dared to get it due to the fact the DHL is a killer with a stinkin huge box and pitted to hell. Let me guess that you paid close to mid 20k yen for shipping so in total to 50k yen when everything combined?

Now that you officially joined the 1/48 Yammie Club, this makes you the following.  

one-of-us-one-of-us-one-of-us.jpg

@borgifiedHaha yeah, the box was beat up but everything inside looked like it was barely touched, instructions and stickers still sealed. I was more concerned with the risk of plastic cracking but I think that's also standard for Mandarake with older items. 

I asked for as compact shipping box as possible so it was 16K yen, total 38k yen so about 345USD.

These guys are hard to find nowadays, and the box so big I doubt I'd even want to stick it in luggage even if I was in person it'd take up so much space. It's the one color scheme out of all the Yamatos that I really love so... I guess I just jumped at it! Glad to be one of ya'll too! 

My Haul from the last couple of weeks.  Brown box is a sealed VF-31A Kairos.  YF-29 Full Set was sealed as well.  VF-31C was a display only item so it's like new.  HiMetal R was also sealed.  Got pretty good deals for the most part.

Haul-1.thumb.jpg.b4588ff6f8293e9821100d682408da7b.jpg

Haul-2.jpg

Edited by Special Sauce

4 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

My Haul from the last couple of weeks.  Brown box is a sealed VF-31A Kairos.  YF-29 Full Set was sealed as well.  VF-31C was a display only item so it's like new.  HiMetal R was also sealed.  Got pretty good deals for the most part.

Haul-2.jpg

That’s a great haul right there!

5 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Haul-2.jpg

How much /where did you find the Yamato display stand if you don't mind me asking? 

Not only a unicorn, but a prodigal son returning.
I was in the OG Low Vis Owner's Club back in the day.  Unfortunately I had to sell it when my ex destroyed our finances.
I found a local dealer who had two of them, worked with him before at a couple of toyshows and cons.
Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found my mark on the inner tab.
My baby is home.

20210605_160354.jpg

20210605_153225.jpg

20210605_153215.jpg

1 hour ago, tekering said:

You bought back your own Valk!  How incestuous! :lol:

Except I know I didn't sell it to him, don't remember who it did go to, but I know it wasn't him.  Still stoked.

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

I was in the OG Low Vis Owner's Club back in the day.  Unfortunately I had to sell it when my ex destroyed our finances.
I found a local dealer who had two of them, worked with him before at a couple of toyshows and cons.
My baby is home.

20210605_160354.jpg

20210605_153225.jpg

20210605_153215.jpg

Meant to be. Congratulations! :)

2 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

Man that's some awesome serendipity. 

Especially when you consider it was a Limited Edition, I mean, how many were even produced?  @Graham was there ever an official number given?

6 hours ago, Knight26 said:

My baby is home.

20210605_153215.jpg

Amazing story - congratulations!! It was meant to be.