Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

A few nice Hasbro Black Series figures came in today.  Bo-Katan, Dagobah R2, Luke and Yoda (training). I have a soft spot for the Mandos.  Bo-Katan is a really recent release and the figure articulates and looks really great (in person - sorry about the photo)

1684197107_toy_Haul_figures-4.thumb.png.dc27fe1881a537d166d952cdfdb2998f.png

1451020255_toy_Haul_figures-9.thumb.png.4ede19e32f37a25456a0d131a2c1848d.png 

7 hours ago, borgified said:

At least the 6 inch Bo is around $20 USD than compared to the $280 (?) 1/6th version which takes up a chunk of space in the display case (unless your into 1/6th stuff) @Erebos

Yeah, that's a good point. The cost and space of the 1/12th figures works out well.

and talking about cost... this guy came in today.  This and the 1J are the ones i've always wanted.  But I paid the iron price for this one. :( I doubt i'll dip into the DX VFs for a while.

RoyF1.thumb.png.21405d3e816e8eca0ca78233e6887631.png

RoyF2.thumb.png.fff9d9473d129c89aa5d792c72d1e019.png 

Edited by Erebos

3 hours ago, tekering said:

I just can't get over how Americans will just leave packages sitting outside. :blink:

Wasn't there a time not too long ago where people in Japan had lots of things they purchased delivered and left at their front door? It's probably been longer than I think but I swear some firends of mine who lived in Japan said they would buy things at stores and by the time they got home later tat day, the stuff they bought was waiting at their door.

2 hours ago, Erebos said:

Yeah, that's a good point. The cost and space of the 1/12th figures works out well.

and talking about cost... this guy came in today.  This and the 1J are the ones i've always wanted.  But I paid the iron price for this one. :( I doubt i'll dip into the DX VFs for a while.

RoyF1.thumb.png.21405d3e816e8eca0ca78233e6887631.png

RoyF2.thumb.png.fff9d9473d129c89aa5d792c72d1e019.png 

Well I suppose if you're going to splurge on a toy, you could do much worse. Excellent choice. :good:

28 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wasn't there a time not too long ago where people in Japan had lots of things they purchased delivered and left at their front door?

I've lived half my life in Japan, and I've never heard of a package being left unattended.  Whether or not a signature is needed, the delivery person is required to hand the package to a resident (and yes, they wear masks and gloves nowadays), and only after they've confirmed with said resident that the name and address are correct.  Anything else would be considered irresponsible, a dereliction of duty and cause for dismissal.

If nobody's home, a second or third attempt will be made that day, followed by a fourth the following day; after that, you've probably got to call and specify a time for re-delivery.  Most "attempted delivery" notification cards include the driver's cell phone number, so you can call them and arrange a time that works for both of you.

As I understand it, these policies are not the result of crime, but simply to eliminate the possibility of crime.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, since COVID we don't get much choice. Only USPS still asks for a signature, everyone else just leaves crap on my step regardless.

At work a colleague who had been up there told us a story about similar behaviour by a delivery company. She complained about this to a neighbour there.

The response apparently was "But its got your name on it."

Which floored us because that wont stop theft.

But that was a while back - what I hear is things are deteriorating horrifically up there crimewise. 

Our couriers still ask for signatures, and their main worry isnt even Co-Vid - its armed in transit robbery now.

Edited by Podtastic

7 hours ago, tekering said:

I've lived half my life in Japan, and I've never heard of a package being left unattended.  Whether or not a signature is needed, the delivery person is required to hand the package to a resident (and yes, they wear masks and gloves nowadays), and only after they've confirmed with said resident that the name and address are correct.  Anything else would be considered irresponsible, a dereliction of duty and cause for dismissal.

If nobody's home, a second or third attempt will be made that day, followed by a fourth the following day; after that, you've probably got to call and specify a time for re-delivery.  Most "attempted delivery" notification cards include the driver's cell phone number, so you can call them and arrange a time that works for both of you.

As I understand it, these policies are not the result of crime, but simply to eliminate the possibility of crime.

I tend to have most packages just left at the door- our porch is a bit away from the street and we have Ring doorbell as well as security cameras (though we call them critter cams because we more often see animals running around the yard instead of people).

I do know with most of our services if they attempt they won't usually try again until the next day and after maybe three total attempts you have to come pick it up yourself. But with stuff like Amazon they are just leaving it at your doorstep.

I'm lucky enough that I live in a area where the crime rate is pretty low and my house is not close to other houses.  There's a main road but it's set back enough from it that it doesn't stand out.  The police station is only a half mile down the road as well.  So basically everything I get delivered gets left on my front porch

11 hours ago, tekering said:

Maybe it was a different part of Japan? Anyways, I now realize the time I heard about this was about half our lives ago and my memory and things may have changed since then. 

I have a gate so my packages are relatively safe. Especially now that we are home most the time, we can see whenever something is dropped off and grab it pretty quick. 

20 hours ago, tekering said:

I got a Ring a little bit after the start of pandemic, mainly because my doorbell was busted but also because I don't live in a great area and I wanted insurance in case anything got stolen. I found out that most delivery services weren't even trying to ring the doorbell - DHL just hurls my expensive Valks at my door, takes a photo, then takes off. Forget waiting for a signature, it'd be great if they'd just ring the doorbell to let me know I had a delivery so it wasn't sitting on my porch. We were lucky enough to score a PS5 a couple weeks ago and they just left it there, in the clearly marked PS5 box, without ringing the bell. It's insane.

174722A4-D2D1-4550-92D3-D6853B71720F.thumb.jpeg.adfeed3250cc7c95c43c17f1249b5000.jpeg

Marvel Legends BAF Venompool.

E6976F85-7DD2-4E56-B203-3C22036D72E2.thumb.jpeg.a5ca97494a9a9aff6116f31ea9573865.jpeg

Marvel Legends Endgame Iron Patriot.

0F5F2345-0664-45BF-85E8-88D220D34FBB.thumb.jpeg.6e5134bff35c6affa093bf3ed13f9548.jpeg

9B56C38F-B1FD-405F-A464-17F2E597255D.thumb.jpeg.e7384c6e0eb07fad1b41b3b8f622f710.jpeg

23B31D0A-A1B7-4831-891D-EF667D732AE4.thumb.jpeg.c8e09856da190a0488096c5b6b399ea9.jpeg

DE9ED514-592D-4436-A5BD-D4B579B62BFD.thumb.jpeg.b57ab7c6c434e3d08b828bf5e6e76265.jpeg

B6DFF72C-2CC6-45ED-98BE-553CEBA1CF20.thumb.jpeg.b7a21e1e3f2ab275e91ec36c85ad11e9.jpeg

205AA6B6-38E7-4E2C-9958-65FA3273F6CC.thumb.jpeg.d63a8f26a1d103cce288bbde2f2cdd80.jpeg

Marvel Legends Retro 3.75” Spider-Man, Magneto, Hulk, Human Torch, Captain America, and Carol Danvers.

9BF230D2-AC80-4964-845C-A4DDFDFF6B92.thumb.jpeg.78c45bd0d789d4f802962467e6494b0b.jpeg

Star Wars Black Series Clone Commander Wolffe and Clone Commander Gree.

Got a few things in, including my pile of loot from BBTS. I paid more then I wanted to for Iron Fist, but he's gotten nothing but positive reviews, and he's my favorite Marvel character, so I had to have him. Harlequin suit Harley was blowing up in price and selling out so I grabbed her too, looks good with my Mezco whatever-whatever exclusive Joker.

IMG_20210319_163232073.thumb.jpg.6250686e3c539ee561c17cd71ee9a93f.jpg

Both came in this week. Can't remember when was the last time I bought a Lego set for my self. It also has been some time since the last time I got a valk.

Glad I had the chance to jump into the Bandai DX VF-1s boat. Having a hard time when PO madness is about.

IMG_20210324_105722~2.jpg

Also picked up a lot of Frontier stuff using FromJapan proxy services,

I do have ozma armor but did not put it on yet, 

VF-1S Roy and Hikaru with Strike, super set, and missile set is not pictured as well as VF-1J with everything.

I will post them up with recently purchased YF-29 (alto, perceval, & ozma) series once I get my custom backgrounds ready

No photo description available.