Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

So I haven’t bought any Macross stuff in a while but have been looking lately. I came across a sale locally that I couldn’t pass up. A 1/60 Yamato v2 Hikaru Strike. One of the shoulders was broken but I ordered replacement parts from shapeways. All in it set me back $200 CAD...pretty good deal I think. This is my first v2 and it’s really nice. A little tricky to transform though. Might be buying a few more. Lol. 

I bought couple items from Sahra mandarake few days ago and once again...

DHL Express is majorly dropping the ball not being able to deliver my package 

when I am home all day....

Now, I am hoping DHL dumbass don't send back my package back to Mandarake...

I also did the same thing as well for a unofficial HT 1/6th figure using DHL @burnout6 for shipping. Since I'm located North of the 49th Parallel, I also get reports of Custom Fees/Duties well. 

Sign up for DHL delivery notices @BroTaku79 when you get stuff from Manda. That's how kept track of my Yammie 1/60 VF-11b from getting lost or stolen by porch thieves once it's gets dropped off. 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I also did the same thing as well for a unofficial HT 1/6th figure using DHL @burnout6 for shipping. Since I'm located North of the 49th Parallel, I also get reports of Custom Fees/Duties well. 

Sign up for DHL delivery notices @BroTaku79 when you get stuff from Manda. That's how kept track of my Yammie 1/60 VF-11b from getting lost or stolen by porch thieves once it's gets dropped off. 

I have DHL notification but that isn't the issue...the problem is DHL driver saying delivery exception two times when I was home all day...

these drivers are lazy and they don't even want to input a gate code to open the gate of my apartment...on top of that DHL system is just

broken period.  After two failed delivery attempt, I had chosen to have my package delivered at one of DHL's service point location and even

that failed as I got a notification stating incorrect address delivery exception...like how does that happen when I chose service point specified by

DHL system.  So now, I had to get on the phone for an hour with dumbass DHL and had to get the package routed to DHL delivery hub center

before these morons try to send the package back to Japan... I am not even confident about having to have this routed to DHL hub center as DHL morons

are fully capable of messing this one up too.. 

DHL is the only carrier that I had problems with, no fedex, no UPS, and no USPS errors.

Edited by BroTaku79

On 3/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, Grey728 said:

Just received yesterday! MIB Fewture Getter Robo G!

Getter Robo G.png

Congratulations, that set of Fewture Getters are amazing figures! 

41 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So I may have impulse purchased nearly 30lbs of LEGOs.

20210313_113745.thumb.jpg.8d7f96a866760455d6ed32f079827a7b.jpg20210313_113928.thumb.jpg.5f8f03596589a486f50c3b46e1615749.jpg

I am so jealous!  I don't have room to display built or to store it unbuilt.  :(

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I haven’t been on the forums much lately, but wanted to share a couple of my latest acquisitions. (Thanks to @Ridden001 for the HMR Monster - now if I can just figure out a place to put it!)

D9F0C95E-1446-478F-88A8-B317962F6A26.jpeg

Nice purchases.  The HMR Monster is great and I still love Macross VF-X2.

Hello fellow Macross fans and lovers,

I just thought I would peek in to say hi and see if any new toys have been announced, recently released, or coming out soon.

Also, I just wanted to announce the highly anticipated future release of "Valkyria the Kitten", coming late 2021.... all going well.

Anyways, please stay safe and healthy everyone!

Love,

Shizuka the Cat, PhD

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just thought I would peak in to say hi and see if any new toys have been announced, recently released, or coming out soon.

Also, I just wanted to announce the highly anticipated future release of "Valkyria the Kitten", coming late 2021.... all going well.

Love,

Shizuka the Cat, PhD

Ah, congrats @Shizuka the Cat! Getting the future ready for another generation of Macross fans!

Just now, Slave IV said:

Ah, congrats @Shizuka the Cat! Getting the future ready for another generation of Macross fans!

Thanks!  I can't wait to start her off on stuffed animals.... then introduce her to some cheap Toynami 1/100 scale VF-1 toys... before upgrading her to the Hi-Metal R versions. 

And I will show her the original series, Plus, 7, and Frontier all the time!!!

And I will teach her how to code and solve differential equations.

It will be great!

13 minutes ago, borgified said:

That's to be out on July @BroTaku79 and it's a TWE pre-order. I'm mentioning a regular DX pre-order madness (what ever Bandai gives us) and gets all of us in a crazed frenzy state. :crazy:  

lol I see..didn't know it was TWE preorder for VF-1D... for regular release...hoping for max & millia lol 

A6E9200B-2F06-4831-9D45-057809FEBB21.thumb.jpeg.241498c68da5ef997450906d40295e11.jpeg

Got another Transformers Generations X-Spanse with Target's discount offers.  I'll be using it in Blackbird mode in the background of my X-Men poses.

Edited by sh9000

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just thought I would peek in to say hi and see if any new toys have been announced, recently released, or coming out soon.

Love,

Shizuka the Cat, PhD

Congrats and an advanced welcome to the Macross parentals club!

Someone once told me the days are looooong, but the years go by fast.

It’s a pretty accurate statement.  Enjoy all the upcoming moments, and try to get some extra sleep now.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Love,

Shizuka the Cat, PhD

Whoa- congrats!

And you'll soon have less sleep than a P.O. night, only every night.

Found these at the local wally world.    Toy pickings are pretty slim as most of the TF stuff is cleared out,   been following the G1 reissues when I can find them and have had pretty good luck.        From what I can tell there are 2 waves of these out,  and I am missing 2 of them but not bad for a random trip.

Optimized-20210315_175029.thumb.jpg.08c73dca2fb707a8ddaaa0958ea4f823.jpgOptimized-20210315_174943.thumb.jpg.a0e13d354b123573db298fbf12144a06.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh geez... thanks... LOL

The secret we found was that they start with tiny bellies, so they eat and then wake up hungry a few hours later. If you feed them so their stomach expands, they tend to sleep longer.