Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks @Saburo! It’s a fantastic piece and should still be around so it’s not too late. As I mentioned, this was a must buy for me but it depends on your connection to it. Such a crazy design that immediately hit the nostalgia buttons for me and I’m glad it came out as good as it is.

@Slave IV I had some memories Mechaner Robo as a kid seeing pictures at Japanese book stores.  The fig is an awesome design and the gimmick are really well executed! As for nostalgia the Super Robot that has the most for me is Raideen. 

Going to check the budget. :D

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Oh yes and oh damn...  Thanks @sqidd!

46 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Slave IV I had some memories Mechaner Robo as a kid seeing pictures at Japanese book stores.  The fig is an awesome design and the gimmick are really well executed! As for nostalgia the Super Robot that has the most for me is Raideen. 

Raideen is another great one. I love most the super robots from back in the day starting with the OG, Mazinger Z.

The gimmicks with the Mechander are really great, especially the shields but I love them all. I would say objectively, the figure warrants a sub $200 price easily but given the likely smaller run from an offshoot company, I get the ~$250 price. That extra $50 or so makes it a tougher call if it were anyone that just didn’t absolutely have to have it. The figure itself is top notch from finish, design, build, joints perspective (however, no diecast). It just feels wonderful to mess with. 

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I enable.....I mean, you're welcome!:p

Oh man, if it weren’t for the lack of a smiling head sculpt this is absolutely the best Superman figure yet.

4383553C-9890-4CE3-B536-4B622E7DDB1C.thumb.jpeg.4f017268576e82dfeb62dd4c2b52c0a0.jpeg

Shoot, mine might be defective.  There's supposedly two half-wires in the middle of the cape that I don't have.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

This just arrived, been looking for a while and one finally showed up for a (somewhat) reasonable price on YJA.

Supposedly the interior trays have never been opened.

20210201_110533.thumb.jpg.9d85ce90329652e13bf1086870443cd1.jpg

Just don't ask me how bad the shipping cost was :vava:

I had a heck of a time getting my M&M 22’s. If I see a Max I’ll ping you.

Got a bunch of figures today. Here are the two I had to open right away. 
935CB392-FDB4-4CFD-BE38-0AA1FCD1E99B.thumb.jpeg.1a56ec92953b3a742c9fb92528d88b52.jpeg

Short review: She is swee-eet!

Also got some accessories to back up my collection of Motoko figures:

15AC8266-28EC-4760-9060-3137D43288EC.thumb.jpeg.ed72cd87e39eb4e1da103a08aa430069.jpeg

Good figure but nothing special other than it comes with some smoking accessories that you don’t see very often with toys. 

This is also a rare occasion that I got two figures from Goodsmile when I rarely buy any figures from them. They make good figures, just rarely of characters I feel the need to have. 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ha! That Barrett 50cal is awesome!

Yep!

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

"I LIIIKE IT!!!!"  :spiteful: 

:D

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

@Slave IV What company makes that Robocop and what is its scale?  Looks cool.

Yep, as @Darth Mingus mentioned, it’s from Goodsmile’s Hagane Works. 1/12 with diecast. It is really nice...similar to figma but heftier and gimmicks like opening leg with 3 or 4 moving panels that look to recreate the same mechanisms in the movie. Damaged option parts. The chest piece is a nice chunk of diecast and uses magnets to hold it in place. Definitely the definitive Robocop figure to me.  Now, has anyone ever seen any toy 6000 SUX?

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep!

:D

Yep, as @Darth Mingus mentioned, it’s from Goodsmile’s Hagane Works. 1/12 with diecast. It is really nice...similar to figma but heftier and gimmicks like opening leg with 3 or 4 moving panels that look to recreate the same mechanisms in the movie. Damaged option parts. The chest piece is a nice chunk of diecast and uses magnets to hold it in place. Definitely the definitive Robocop figure to me.  Now, has anyone ever seen any toy 6000 SUX?

Thanks.  I had the Mafex Robocop ordered but I’m considering getting this one as well.  Looks like it can blend in well with other 1/12 scale figures.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I had the Mafex Robocop ordered but I’m considering getting this one as well.  Looks like it can blend in well with other 1/12 scale figures.

Yep, it's pretty much perfect for 1/12 displays. I don't have the Mafex versions but based on the other Mafex figures I have, I don't see any way those could be close to being as good as this one. The only comments I've seen are about the face sculpt where the Mefex might be better but this one looks plenty good to me and that would be my lowest concern for a robot figure..ymmv.

27 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Tachikoma!  What are you thoughts on it?

Very fun figure! Not a whole lot to it but it does what it needs to. Overall, I like the Revo Tachikoma that came out years ago better and I know they are different styles but I think they executed a bit better. Have a few more of the recent Tachikoma releases coming any day so if I have time to, I'd like to post some comparison thoughts.

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, it's pretty much perfect for 1/12 displays. I don't have the Mafex versions but based on the other Mafex figures I have, I don't see any way those could be close to being as good as this one. The only comments I've seen are about the face sculpt where the Mefex might be better but this one looks plenty good to me and that would be my lowest concern for a robot figure..ymmv.

Thanks.

This popped up on my feed so I’ll post it here anyway.  :D

Edited by sh9000

Like clockwork! In three days, I got three Ghost in the Shell toys!

579493AF-0B88-4C63-9113-A24A1458DE8E.thumb.jpeg.5cf863c6fb52d39a0e420fa4c28abd42.jpeg

When has something like this ever happened? Never! But oh no! I didn’t realize it was a model until I opened it. Oh well, looks fun and I’ll get around to building it someday. I think there is at least one more Tachikoma on order to go.

Got delivered yesterday. Dispite that it has two cracked hinges on the joints underneath where the neck/torso joins up, not too fussed over it (untill the eventual DX gets released then its another story right there). 

Was discussing it with @dafoband @rdrunner when the listing was up and took the plunge. One grail knocked off my list! :lol:

20210205_102116.jpg

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

Got delivered yesterday. Dispite that it has two cracked hinges on the joints underneath where the neck/torso joins up, not too fussed over it (untill the eventual DX gets released then its another story right there). 

Was discussing it with @dafoband @rdrunner when the listing was up and took the plunge. One grail knocked off my list! :lol:

20210205_102116.jpg

Nice!

3 hours ago, borgified said:

20210205_102116.jpg

Sweet!

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The video got taken down but Arnold’s face and voice were convincing.

807A3D15-2440-4CC7-B8F4-635CF80C0DFF.thumb.jpeg.96d563839da4d973d415272334262313.jpeg

Hot Wheels RX-7 and Super Treasure Hunt RX-7.

Nice finds! I still don’t think I’ve ever seen a STH. I do have cases and cases of HW to the point where I have no idea what’s in them so hopefully there are some in there that I got without knowing. I did realize I had a TH Batmobile after going over a few boxes of HW a while  ago. 

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Finally took mine out the other day, was really surprised how light the VF-11 is.

Indeed it is! The only Yamato 1/60 valk that reminds me of a crane (and maybe a flamingo) do to it's streamlined design.