Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

51 minutes ago, Mog said:

Spouse and kids tend to slow the cycle down.

. . . Didn’t say it stops it completely, mind you. 

Just slows it significantly. :db:

For real, these people have so much stuff it gets in the way of all of MY stuff.  sheesh

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The cycle of collecting:

1. Get too many things to display
  2. Get more display space to display them
  3. Get more things so you can fill your display space
  4. Repeat 1-3 until out of space in house/condo/apartment
  5. Get new house/condo/apartment with more space
  6. GOTO 1

2 has been my sticking point!!..sigh....

you forgot sell ur body parts somewhere in that list...

But are udon and soba inexpensive enough to help you offset your collectibles payments and debts?

The whole eating ramen thing was a running joke back in the day for how some folks would afford to get all their Macross crack/goodies.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

But are udon and soba inexpensive enough to help you offset your collectibles payments and debts?

The whole eating ramen thing was a running joke back in the day for how some folks would afford to get all their Macross crack/goodies.

You ate instant noodles!?!?

I just remember eating crow back in those days.

:lol:

I mean, I like an occasional instant noodle (especially if I get to mix in an egg and sometimes some cabbage).

But back in those days, I was able to save the funds for my “hobbies.”

Who knew date nights with the future wifey and then diapers and formula would cut into the toy budget?! :lol:

But back to that listing, where does “Get itch to make your own customs” fall in the list.  Or does it take about 3 or 4 cycles before that step is added? :pardon:

I like ramen. Mix it with tuna and a little mayo

Always been a Kraft Mac N Cheese guy (with the powdered cheese)

I’m too old to eat that stuff now though. At 49 I have to be real picky about what I eat if I'm going to perform physically like l’m 25-30. Bummer.

14 hours ago, tekering said:

I got a brand-new showcase to fill! :D

873913040_virginshelves.thumb.jpg.2265a50423de4489789d1eacb4b8a63e.jpg

@tekering Very nice display case.  Also is that the Hot Toys Ripley with Powerloader? 

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The cycle of collecting:

1. Get too many things to display
  2. Get more display space to display them
  3. Get more things so you can fill your display space
  4. Repeat 1-3 until out of space in house/condo/apartment
  5. Get new house/condo/apartment with more space
  6. GOTO 1

I am currently at 4, and creeping up to 5. :unsure:

On 1/21/2021 at 7:20 PM, Slave IV said:

@sqidd you know I love me some Steel Jeeg!

Here ya go @Slave IV King Arts Steel Jeeg in all of it's glory! This..................toy..........................is....................amazing!

I can't wait till my backup shows up so I can do the Jeeg/Panzeriod Centaur combo too!

IMG_8278.thumb.JPG.fbc98e070e037c930fb1c4fa39bc7266.JPG

IMG_8281.thumb.JPG.8c2d3f0191eb4204a4e86d09b1fe729b.JPG

9 minutes ago, tekering said:

Yeah, my living room has been under the Hot Toys occupation for years. :unsure:

living_room.thumb.jpg.c12463fea6f7de8879522f217161c874.jpg

My wife is lucky there is zero chance of creating a zero UV light environment in my living room.:lol:

And OMG I want that "Burton" Batmobile! I've seen that up close and even sat in it. It's MASSIVE!!! And super cool. It's by far my favorite. It has that "artsy fartsy" thing going on. I'd almost go as far as to say beautiful.

I took a short ride in the "Nolan" Batmobike (the Tumbler??? I can't remember if that's the name). One of those right place, right time, know the right people things. The "Nolan" BM was an amazing piece of machinery. It actually worked, drove, etc. And it wasn't scary like it was going to fall apart at any second. Most stuff like that is. Too bad they put the GM Performance Parts 350cu in crate engine in it. It should have a 600cu in big block...........with a blower!:p

Edited by sqidd

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

So much to take in...

Actually, that's an old photo.  I've added more shelves since. :p

891642973_updatedlivingroom.thumb.jpg.a33d8446f43d7244ebabdc156a7e7cba.jpg

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

My wife is lucky there is zero chance of creating a zero UV light environment in my living room.:lol:

Damn those pagan sun-worshipping wenches! :diablo:

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

I want that "Burton" Batmobile! I've seen that up close and even sat in it. It's MASSIVE!!! And super cool. It's by far my favorite.

7c6.jpg

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I SO want that Deslock!!! @tekering

Oh, that's the MegaHouse 1:6 "Fuhrer Desler" figure.  They were readily available, back in the day... but that was 20 years ago now. :unsure:

1226603680_MegaHouse2001.thumb.jpg.36b0b01a32cf822bbf69bc1b91a21aa0.jpg

But, since this thread concerns recent purchases, here are my GMG Zeon soldiers...

511600454_Zeonsoldiers.thumb.jpg.4c417e220d972afcda947da12566c07d.jpg

...also, incidentally, by MegaHouse. ^_^

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I love this Mechander Robo!

Mechander-Robo-72dpi.thumb.jpg.c061bee2245ccb25a546cd78e5e7bbcb.jpg

Support!

You motivated me to un-box mine. I really didn't plan that our poses would be so similar. Great minds think alike I suppose. I like yours better though.:hail:

IMG_8301.thumb.JPG.8e275b957aaf9762ffe9ff348014985c.JPG

22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Support!

You motivated me to un-box mine. I really didn't plan that our poses would be so similar. Great minds think alike I suppose. I like yours better though.:hail:

Haha, nice! This is a very sweet figure and I can’t believe I forgot about the character until I saw this go on preorder. Knew at that moment I had to have it. 

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I found a Hot Wheels at the grocery store this morning that I'll bet no one has!..... I'll wait for a response.. Not gonna open it! LOL! 

20210130_112955.jpg

20210130_113012.jpg

20210130_113023.jpg

Cool.  That’s either a factory error or a repack.  The bubble can be removed perfectly from the card with acetone or nail polish remover and then glued back together.  Since it was from a grocery store, it might not have been a repack and returned item.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Are you sure that hasn’t been opened and swapped? I’d take the Audi if I saw it. 

@Slave IVNope, factory sealed.  I already have the white Audi spyder, so I almost overlooked it. 

@sh9000 - I don't think anyone would go to that much trouble for a .99 Hot Wheels this new in a random Kroger in a not great part of town...I'm gonna chalk it up to a COVID era factory error. 

Edited by derex3592

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

@Slave IVNope, factory sealed.  I already have the white Audi spyder, so I almost overlooked it. 

Well, that’s pretty cool! I saw something like that once and I was on my way to checkout when I noticed signs that it was a swap out so I just left it at the counter. Really cool to see actual ones especially when the card back and the car inside are both desirable. 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Support!

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I love this Mechander Robo!

Mechander-Robo-72dpi.thumb.jpg.c061bee2245ccb25a546cd78e5e7bbcb.jpg

@Slave IV and @sqidd So aweomes! I am jealous, I had passed on the Mechander Robo PO. I have been regretting it. :(

13 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Slave IV and @sqidd So aweomes! I am jealous, I had passed on the Mechander Robo PO. I have been regretting it. :(

Thanks @Saburo! It’s a fantastic piece and should still be around so it’s not too late. As I mentioned, this was a must buy for me but it depends on your connection to it. Such a crazy design that immediately hit the nostalgia buttons for me and I’m glad it came out as good as it is.