Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Well, everyone here swears by Mandarake, and I've wanted the SV-262 and VF-31J toys for a while now, but they've been way too expensive... until I recently saw that Manda has an ebay store... where they had listed a used VF-31J that was STILL too expensive @ $265 shipped.  So I went to their site to see if they had more info on it to find that they not only had at least one at every store location, but they also had an SV-262 at several stores too.  One of the 31Js listed only that it had a discolored patch and showed the issue in pictures along with all the pieces still in bags.  The SV at that same store said only that it was "opened, package damaged".  From member reports, that usually means it's in perfect condition and simply has a dent in the box or something.  Well, here's hoping they're in good condition because I picked both up for $150ea, and even after the shipping estimate came in at almost $100, it's still $100 cheaper than I could possibly get them otherwise.

From member reports, they either show the damage or state the issue fairly clearly and end up being great upon arrival.  Is that accurate?  Anyone wanna report on a bad Manda experience?  Because I've only ever heard good ones. 

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Well, everyone here swears by Mandarake, and I've wanted the SV-262 and VF-31J toys for a while now, but they've been way too expensive... until I recently saw that Manda has an ebay store... where they had listed a used VF-31J that was STILL too expensive @ $265 shipped.  So I went to their site to see if they had more info on it to find that they not only had at least one at every store location, but they also had an SV-262 at several stores too.  One of the 31Js listed only that it had a discolored patch and showed the issue in pictures along with all the pieces still in bags.  The SV at that same store said only that it was "opened, package damaged".  From member reports, that usually means it's in perfect condition and simply has a dent in the box or something.  Well, here's hoping they're in good condition because I picked both up for $150ea, and even after the shipping estimate came in at almost $100, it's still $100 cheaper than I could possibly get them otherwise.

From member reports, they either show the damage or state the issue fairly clearly and end up being great upon arrival.  Is that accurate?  Anyone wanna report on a bad Manda experience?  Because I've only ever heard good ones. 

Mandarake is the most accurate used Japanese toy site around IMO.  They grade their toys really accurate and if something is wrong specifically with the toy or box they will mention it on there as you saw.  

In rare cases I’ve heard from others that if they found a problem with the item they are very responsive on the matter and will work with you on a resolution.  

FWIW, I bought a DX SV-262 and lill drakens set from manda a couple months ago (opened, package damaged) and it was near mint condition.  Trust me you won’t be disappointed. 

The only store that you can have a 50/50 guess on their secondary items is Jungle @Pontus. Even though it says Grade B on listings, you can request further photo snaps of the product before you decide to, however just like @no3Ljm has mentioned, it can be also snagged by someone else.

Grade B according to Jungle is labeled:

“B grade item”: The item has been removed from packaging and displayed in a show case.

However, some damages will not be disclosed during listing so your better off asking first.

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

In the last 6 months, I've bought at least 10 items from Mandarake and I've been happy with the condition and price of every item I've received.  The only issue I've ever had from Manda was some of the shipping rates being inconsistent.  Even then, the DHL they use got here extremely fast and the items were packed very securely.  For the most part, the items I got were described as having damaged packaging/unopened, but I couldn't find a single blemish on the boxes.  Obviously, their standards are WAY higher than mine.  Definitely recommend using them.

Boy, you guys should try the second hand record market if you REALLY want to see how grifts are done.  People will post records indicating VG+ (which means a few light pops or crackles at or near the beginning of a record) and you end up with something that sounds like it was buried on the beach for forty years.

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

The Christmas haul.  By some bizarre miracle Target actually had TWO of the new TMNT sets this past weekend.

66225F61-A503-46AE-BBFC-2ECBEFB70F27.thumb.jpeg.72d43d993275df91f2d919044c8589c9.jpeg
Unfortunately Guitar Center screwed me and didn’t send the right decks so I only have the new mixer pictured here.

1C2856DE-2A71-4BAC-857B-6636E3509AF2.thumb.jpeg.3869d75edb9a68fe35ff794657d39987.jpeg

Which decks did you pickup?

Still have my Technic 1200s and DJM-100 stored under the bed lol

Looking for an opinion on my next non-macross purchase to stand alongside my weathered 1/48 DXs. A professionally painted 1/48 gundam model, going for a more "realistic" color scheme. Obviously I would rather have a red Zaku, but what are everyone's thoughts on this? I only have a few hours to decide too before the auction ends...

Thanks for the feedback!!

i-img1200x800-1608786574zxo2dm22039.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786578fwgfal1830574.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786595hliqco1878208.jpg

39 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Looking for an opinion on my next non-macross purchase to stand alongside my weathered 1/48 DXs. A professionally painted 1/48 gundam model, going for a more "realistic" color scheme. Obviously I would rather have a red Zaku, but what are everyone's thoughts on this? I only have a few hours to decide too before the auction ends...

Thanks for the feedback!!

i-img1200x800-1608786574zxo2dm22039.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786578fwgfal1830574.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786595hliqco1878208.jpg

If you’d rather have something else, try to do that instead. Don’t settle.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Which decks did you pickup?

They don't refer to them as anything as cool as "decks" anymore.  They're Media Players these days.

But as it stands, nothing. 

Guitar Center was supposed to send me a Denon sc6000M Prime but instead they sent me a used sc6000 with no cables and then told me they were out of 6000M's.  And as it turns out all of North America appears to be out of 6000M's, nobody has been able to get me one.  A place in New York said they had two left and this morning I had to contact the guy to ask why it hadn't shipped yet.  Said the warehouse called and it turned out they were out too.  I have 35 days to determine if I want to return the mixer and just put the SSD in my computer instead because nobody can tell when new players will be available again.

Amazon shipped my Marvel Legends Children of Thanos Set in its mailer instead of an Amazon box.  Ordered another one to ship in an Amazon box so I’m going to have this one shipped back with a mailing label placed right on the mailer.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up another Max 1S to use with the weathering edition SSP set I got a little while back. Should skull leader Max have blue or black skull markings on his strike parts? :unknw:

50784323136_26532a67db_o.jpg

Happy new year everyone! :drinks:

Oh, sweet pickup! I don’t care about it either way if it were to come one way or another but if I was applying a decal myself, I’d go with Blue because Max. 

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh, sweet pickup! I don’t care about it either way if it were to come one way or another but if I was applying a decal myself, I’d go with Blue because Max. 

Thanks! Was wondering which would look better since 1S Max has a black heat shield and it was never established on screen what his skull leader strike parts should look like. I was leaning towards blue too but black might look pretty good as well. :good:

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! Was wondering which would look better since 1S Max has a black heat shield and it was never established on screen what his skull leader strike parts should look like. I was leaning towards blue too but black might look pretty good as well. :good:

Yeah, which is why I wouldn’t care if it came either way. I just personally like to have as much variation as possible so if there is a chance to make something different, I usually will.  I still need a Max 1S in every size, HMARDX.

Edited by Slave IV