Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Happy Birthday Mommar!

Since we are in a celebrating mood, I thought I would mention that I'm now Mrs. Shizuka the Ph.D. Cat.

So.... how do I tell my husband that when we have children and one of them is a daughter, I want to name her Valkyrie?

Happy Halloween everyone!

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Aww cmon ...you know you gotta have max and miria the cat ..

congratz to ur nuptials!!:drinks:

Thanks.

First of all, that only works if I am guaranteed to have both a boy and a girl.

Secondly, Max and Miria do it.... so naming my kids those names gets a little sibling incesty.

Third, I really do like the name Valkyrie.  And I'll love her and squeeze her and teach her how to code.....

OMG!  H-Mart oriental grocery store just got added to Instacart.  I never have to go outside ever again!  LOL!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Happy Birthday Mommar!

Since we are in a celebrating mood, I thought I would mention that I'm now Mrs. Shizuka the Ph.D. Cat.

So.... how do I tell my husband that when we have children and one of them is a daughter, I want to name her Valkyrie?

Happy Halloween everyone!

Thank you and Congratulations.

Tell him mid-coitous.

6 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Nice haul.

Those cobras would make an excellent backdrop to a COBRA diorama.

Thanks.  Yeah I've seen a lot of people use them with their Classified Cobra figures.

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks.

First of all, that only works if I am guaranteed to have both a boy and a girl.

Secondly, Max and Miria do it.... so naming my kids those names gets a little sibling incesty.

Third, I really do like the name Valkyrie.  And I'll love her and squeeze her and teach her how to code.....

OMG!  H-Mart oriental grocery store just got added to Instacart.  I never have to go outside ever again!  LOL!

Valkyrie sounds like another way to pronounce Valerie! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Thank you.

I don’t know what you’re referring to but I simply wasn’t finished building the kit yet.

46AADB47-3AD9-4955-9190-1122216B8769.thumb.jpeg.2a3b7d9865204e2bf40ae1ee57709327.jpeg

Lol was just referring to something in the vf-21 thread, as to be raising the value of valks in jest..

Finally got my hands on this beast! I missed the pre-order long ago due to some family nonsense I had to deal with at the time, then it came out and the price crept higher and higher. Managed to snag this and the final battle RX-78 for a good price, and with this I've collected all the 0079 mecha in the Robot Spirits ANIME line, including exclusives.

2094814692_IMG_20201027_1926353032.thumb.jpg.2e6a52b814bd19226eb51c0ea5de1cb1.jpg

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

V Visitor Skyfighter.

I keep missing the DMT Skyfighters. They come out so rarely and in such small quantities.

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

MacFarlane Warhammer is not as good as Bandai,

The paint apps don't look as good to me, especially that gauss flayer.

I'm trying to order the unpainted SM versions so I can have Raven Guard, Blood Angels and mb some White Scar options.

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

The paint apps don't look as good to me, especially that gauss flayer.

Well, Bandai haven't made a Gauss Flayer and likely never will.  Also, of the two painted figures released, it's easily the much better of the two.  Though the weapon is oddly not painted the same as the figure.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:38 AM, Podtastic said:

I keep missing the DMT Skyfighters. They come out so rarely and in such small quantities.

If I see another one then I’ll probably get it.  There’s a company making the retro 3.75” V figures and I’ll probably get those too.  I’ll get the Funko POP V figures just for fun.

B4ED4879-4960-4C5C-841E-B9101EB86DCB.thumb.jpeg.07ae5aa45290e8479e2a83bfe80545a8.jpeg

Marvel Legends Infinity War Winter Soldier and Falcon.

3B49CC5B-256A-4429-86DF-22186323323D.thumb.jpeg.bc4ede9a23f2bd6897cdf68f2a5de620.jpeg

Marvel Legends Movie Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead to get a better condition NTW.

My 1/12 scale bar diorama came in also but I’ll get it tomorrow.  Now all of my figures can hang out at work.

Edited by sh9000

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If I see another one then I’ll probably get it.  There’s a company making the retro 3.75” V figures and I’ll probably get those too.  I’ll get the Funko POP V figures just for fun.

I might pick up some Visitor minis to go with my squadship. 

Tempted to get a shocktrooper uniform (always wanted one) but the environment here is just is not conducive to wearing something like that in public without drawing the wrong sort of politically motivated attention.