Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

So, Jungle sent me a 1:48 Yamato Valkyrie a couple weeks back.  The toy is in great shape, but upon removing it from the tray...

infestation.jpg.c2611614536f7fb308189841282b422e.jpg

...I noticed a bunch of dead bugs under it.  

bugs.jpg.1154731e56627ef3c7b47a4eba9155f6.jpg

And under the tray as well.  :unsure:

Be aware, there may be bugs in the Jungle.  :unknw:

On 5/14/2020 at 7:24 PM, Drad said:

I would love to have a nice prebuilt model of the Buck Rogers Starfighter. I know the Chronicle one is out there, but don't have that kinda cash. Hopefully someone will make one.

I'm making one right now...

IMG_0074.jpg.ee3437138bfaf35500a8a9c69a152d3b.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg.899ef0f67f75c52243fdc6797f102c75.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg.bb9137108cbbe186492b7cfaeb60e1b9.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg.3d8b6ae6d0223fff3b6f55b03050b0c9.jpg

I've decided to go with a Rebel Alliance color scheme for it, but I liked the look of the flat matte base coat so much I photographed it before the primary color gets applied. ^_^

Shadow Thunderfighter!  :lol:

On 5/17/2020 at 4:38 PM, derex3592 said:

Great setup!  I absolutely love the SOC Voltrons! 

I just picked up my 1st BUT NOT LAST New Age (Thundercracker) Transformer. OMG!!! This company knows that they are doing!  These little guys are amazing!!! Very high quality and crazy good transformation and G1 look and great articulation for their size!  In lieu of HM-R Macross, I'm all in for this line!  

20200516_081524.jpg

20200516_081552.jpg

20200516_081605.jpg

20200516_081723.jpg

20200517_154105.jpg

I was not going to get any Transformers, but this convinced me to give this line a try and pulled the trigger on Starscream

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Awwww man, I want a Buck Rogers Starship!!!

Me too.

@tekering is that the Tsukuda Monogram kit? I have that in storage. How was the build? With these old kits, I expect a lot of work to get it to looks as good as yours. They are going for insane prices.

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I was not going to get any Transformers, but this convinced me to give this line a try and pulled the trigger on Starscream

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

@Slave IV and @derex3592 Would you say those New Age Transformers are kind of like HMR toys in terms of posability and fun toys to play with?

Lots of Marvel Legends figures coming in by the end of this week.

Yeah, they most closely remind me of HMR and I even mentioned the similarities (I think here). They are even smaller than HMR though but I would say they might even be a step up in terms of transformation and posability. Other than some accessories, they are perfect transformation and the articulation is comparable to modern MP level...as in, ab swivel and crunch, ankle swivels, double joints, etc. I will go so far as to say the two NewAge molds I got (Seeker and Jazz) are the best new line of transforming toys I've experienced in years. MOST highly recommended! I'm on the verge of ordering the whole Conehead set just for Thrust because Thrust is the only one I want but they only come in a pack (Anyone want to go in or buy the other two from me at cost?).

See what you've done here @nightmareB4macross? Enabling at its finest!:lol: 

I would do MANY shady and possibly illegal in 48 states things for that Buck Roger Star Fighter @tekering!!! SUPER jealous over here! It's possibly my all time favorite space fighter design!!!  Please post pics when you get it finished!  @sh9000 - As @Slave IV said, these New Age guys are just the business!  I WANT to buy ALL the Seekers, Megatron and pre-order the 3 G1 "Reflector" Triplets, however the wife me thinks would have issues with that at the current time!

My question is --- WHERE is their Soundwave and Optimus Prime??? Surely they have those on the drawing board!!!???

BT Dubs---in case you guys missed it, buy enough seekers and the bases combine in a circle standing on their ends to make THE SPACE BRIDGE!!! :clapping:

Edited by derex3592

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

I would do MANY shady and possibly illegal in 48 states things for that Buck Roger Star Fighter @tekering!!! SUPER jealous over here!  Please post pics when you get it finished!  @sh9000 - As @Slave IV said, these New Age guys are just the business!  I WANT to buy ALL the Seekers, Megatron and pre-order the 3 G1 "Reflector" Triplets, however the wife me thinks would have issues with that at the current time!

My question is --- WHERE is their Soundwave and Optimus Prime??? Surely they have those on the drawing board!!!???

Haha yeah, NewAge is the $#!+. Their Soundwave is in the preorder stage so it should be on the way. Not sure about their Prime yet. I'm probably going to get Soundwave and really waiting for Galvatron.

@tekering That Star Fighter looks really nice! I'm sure it will be even better when you finish it. Look forward to seeing it!

23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Well.....there's another one I'm gonna have to have...LOL. 

Yeah, I believe there was some translated description that says it can also light up for stuff like Cybertronian lightpost mode. It might be that part that says "Extra Shiny Tapes". Pehaps it has special tapes that light up? Either way, I will order it for sure!

So, this will be the third Macross Jet ordered this year, the first two were, well, scams.....1st was a Valkyrie factory 1/60 VF-1J Max with Super parts, that was scam..2nd was a Hi Metal R VF-4G Roy, that the third party seller on Amazon has not arrived yet after almost 2 months, still fighting Amazon for a refund, so I recently discovered Mandarake. I ordered a used YF-29 30th anniversary scheme, the pictures show that some of it is faded, yellowed, but that doesn’t bother me. Here is to hoping that I have no problems with this order. Third time is the charm?

Twich

You can count on Manda for anything that they have listed for sale @twich

You'll get your items, however did you choose DHL for shipping? You know that EMS and SAL are a no go as your in the States.

That saying, did you read the thread: "Japan Post  Suspension of International Mail" first before making the order??  

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/48060-japan-post-suspension-of-international-mail/

For your package a regular DX sized box (not like the DX YF-19 Full Set Sized version as it's very heavy)

DHL - 7950 yen

For those who are not on the "Suspended Mailing List" - EMS: 4500 yen with delays in shipping up to a month wait.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:56 AM, iguanaman8989 said:

Some recent acquisitions:

A new year, new sentai mech to collect.

At just about 2 feet long, the SSD hardly counts as a mini, even in game it’s designed more to be like a boss battle.

9344C60D-D3AC-4C10-9B70-8CAA63A808C3.jpeg

About 60 cm? That's more like it.

The Bandai kit I got was incredibly...compact.

So I put in a request to ship out my HLJ PW on Monday night... and it's already here! :shok:

The shipment was mostly miscellaneous items like hobby supplies, but I did pick up a few model kits to work on if I need a change of pace from valkyrie detail. 

Some gunpla kits. The GP01 quickly became one of my favorites after seeing 0083, and finding out Kawamori himself was behind it was awesome.

IMG_20200520_105012.jpg.ae846033d82dae2b611714551f8a217c.jpg

Added another Enterprise to my fleet.

IMG_20200520_104910.jpg.f57ca5f30baa238413d610d959c2d513.jpg

And since we're required to wear masks at all times while at work... :rolleyes:

IMG_20200520_110406.jpg.6e01c7838a0f518e7e9af251ad738d31.jpg

23 hours ago, kkx said:

@tekering is that the Tsukuda Monogram kit? I have that in storage. How was the build? With these old kits, I expect a lot of work to get it to looks as good as yours.

Actually, the Monogram kit is very easy, with a few large parts and no tiny parts at all.  It fits together well, and is very accurate to the filming miniature...

wrong.thumb.jpg.1198176de8081765bbe7a5081d6eceb7.jpg

Except, perhaps, for the cockpit interior.  <_<

Now, the basic Thunder Fighter is a two-seater, with a pilot up front and a passenger seat in the back; Buck and Twiki escaped from the Draconia in the back seat of Wilma's starfighter in the pilot episode, and the shot of Buck smiling from the back window is featured in the opening of every single episode.

349725467_backwindow.jpg.0831ac37e09e2502dddf43a80f57eda8.jpg

While the Monogram kit features the back windows, they don't seem to serve any purpose for whatever junk they stuck back there in lieu of the passenger seat.  :huh:

What's more, the stand is designed to display the model in flight, so there's no landing gear in the kit... but no pilot figure, either!  :blink:

There was at one time an aftermarket resin kit for the interior, featuring two seats, a center stick and actual control surfaces, but it has long since disappeared from the secondary market... as have the pilot figures that a different company (had at one time) sold.  :(

The more I see of the show, the more frustrating I find the Monogram interior...

...not that the show itself is any less frustrating, mind you!  In fact, it's a brain-dead macho fantasy featuring the ultimate fan-fiction "Gary Stu" character, and is so sexist as to border on misogynistic.  What a stupid kid I was to enjoy this trash!  :vava:

So, screw Buck Rogers.  I'm using a Revell Snowspeeder pilot, and making this a Rebel starfighter.

2014595555_crappyRevellfigure.jpg.a1aaf72f29e094c712d0837cd4571432.jpg

The biggest pain about assembling this kit is that you've got to install your completed cockpit -- including the transparent window parts -- before gluing the main fuselage together.  The resulting seams along the hull will need to be filled and sanded before you can do any painting, so your cockpit canopy will require very careful masking so you don't mess up the windows when painting the primary color, alternating panel shades, weathering, panel-lining, etc.

And if you're installing lights, it greatly complicates the wiring process as well...  :wacko:

1017926465_lightingtest.jpg.82dafbc2354b8eb3a3412cfb7ac451ac.jpg

Nonetheless, I can understand why this kit fetches as much as it does these days.  ^_^

subtle panel separation.jpg

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Got it unpacked. Now where to properly display hmmm? I had my 1/55 all set up and this throws off the space HA! Time to buy  more!

C66BEFE4-5B13-475F-A986-D08364D7B0F2.jpeg

Am I trippin? That armor looks green???

413A8760-5B89-4FB9-B225-C5FE8EBAD668.thumb.jpeg.8f428f5ec4500d92b272fb967565d0a5.jpeg

Marvel Legends AOA Morph.

BC966DC7-FF17-45C3-903F-AB9894231FA2.thumb.jpeg.b8ecee0f8b612d7f2badfebf9568e0a1.jpeg

Marvel Legends AOA Weapon X.

CF7F382E-9BD5-418B-89CD-58A2155CDE81.thumb.jpeg.b5df84afca1a1beb5c1087f112387e7f.jpeg

Marvel Legends AOA Wild Child.

D0A41209-018E-4083-AFF5-34075BDB3CC3.jpeg.7b7fa82ebfd6dec81424d7fe5d681279.jpeg

Marvel Legends AOA Jean Grey.

2B909517-834F-4CC3-82EA-12B39D18CB44.jpeg.155575966381ff20c075227351a0fd2f.jpeg

Marvel Legends Black Widow grey costume x2.

Edited by sh9000

After a loooooooonnnggg search for the upgrade parts at a reasonable cost..............................I gave up and paid dumb money. Oh well, worth it!

And boy oh boy this little figure takes up some pace now!

1262689452_GetterDevolution.jpg.8bf3654fd0be1985b552d57a162b954a.jpg

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, the Monogram kit is very easy, with a few large parts and no tiny parts at all.  It fits together well, and is very accurate to the filming miniature...

Except, perhaps, for the cockpit interior.  <_<

Now, the basic Thunder Fighter is a two-seater, with a pilot up front and a passenger seat in the back; Buck and Twiki escaped from the Draconia in the back seat of Wilma's starfighter in the pilot episode, and the shot of Buck smiling from the back window is featured in the opening of every single episode.

While the Monogram kit features the back windows, they don't seem to serve any purpose for whatever junk they stuck back there in lieu of the passenger seat.  :huh:

What's more, the stand is designed to display the model in flight, so there's no landing gear in the kit... but no pilot figure, either!  :blink:

There was at one time an aftermarket resin kit for the interior, featuring two seats, a center stick and actual control surfaces, but it has long since disappeared from the secondary market... as have the pilot figures that a different company (had at one time) sold.  :(

The more I see of the show, the more frustrating I find the Monogram interior...

...not that the show itself is any less frustrating, mind you!  In fact, it's a brain-dead macho fantasy featuring the ultimate fan-fiction "Gary Stu" character, and is so sexist as to border on misogynistic.  What a stupid kid I was to enjoy this trash!  :vava:

So, screw Buck Rogers.  I'm using a Revell Snowspeeder pilot, and making this a Rebel starfighter.

The biggest pain about assembling this kit is that you've got to install your completed cockpit -- including the transparent window parts -- before gluing the main fuselage together.  The resulting seams along the hull will need to be filled and sanded before you can do any painting, so your cockpit canopy will require very careful masking so you don't mess up the windows when painting the primary color, alternating panel shades, weathering, panel-lining, etc.

And if you're installing lights, it greatly complicates the wiring process as well...  :wacko:

Nonetheless, I can understand why this kit fetches as much as it does these days.  ^_^

Good to know that the kit is not too much trouble. I hate the cockpit too. Saw this guy that uses the alternative resin cockpit

Yup, the kit is nowhere to be found now. I think your approach of kit bashing it the sensible way forward.

Adding light does make the kit so much nicer.

When I was a kid, I love this ship to dead. Memory of the show faded, but not my love of this ship. Looking forward to see your completed work.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Am I trippin? That armor looks green??

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Alaska Base super parts? :unknw:

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Unfortunately it did. Here's a link.

Yeah and if memory serves right, their DYRL Hikaru VF-1A “Origin “ also has the green parts. I’ll have to take a look at him again tonight.

I’ll go with @Lolicon - Alaska all the way :hi:

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't not see the Strike Cannon on the wrong side.:D

Yeah man, when unpacking my Strike, I actually had to do a double take and correct it before displaying. When they packed it, they did it in a way where the parts are already separated for that left booster. Easy mistake, but I caught it before I displayed.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah and if memory serves right, their DYRL Hikaru VF-1A “Origin “ also has the green parts. I’ll have to take a look at him again tonight.

I’ll go with @Lolicon - Alaska all the way :hi:

Yeah man, when unpacking my Strike, I actually had to do a double take and correct it before displaying. When they packed it, they did it in a way where the parts are already separated for that left booster. Easy mistake, but I caught it before I displayed.

Indeed so.

http://tfsquareone.blogspot.com/2014/04/macross-one-year-project-feb-2014.html

Check out the rest of Maz's Macross 1/55 blog while your at it. ;)

ReissueVF1ASuperHik-02.jpg

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

After a loooooooonnnggg search for the upgrade parts at a reasonable cost..............................I gave up and paid dumb money. Oh well, worth it!

And boy oh boy this little figure takes up some pace now!

1262689452_GetterDevolution.jpg.8bf3654fd0be1985b552d57a162b954a.jpg

It would been nice if Sentinel would re-release items that go for stupid money on the secondary market. For an option at MSRP the set was already high for what you were getting.

If there are any future Sentinel exclusive items try this site http://www.d4toys.com/index.php?route=common/home

I got both option sets from them and didn't have any problems. The shipping is really expensive, $48 Fedex for one item and no other options offered. But better than paying secondary market prices.   

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

It would been nice if Sentinel would re-release items that go for stupid money on the secondary market. For an option at MSRP the set was already high for what you were getting.

If there are any future Sentinel exclusive items try this site http://www.d4toys.com/index.php?route=common/home

I got both option sets from them and didn't have any problems. The shipping is really expensive, $48 Fedex for one item and no other options offered. But better than paying secondary market prices.   

TY:good: