Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Your getting Mezco One: 12 stuff as well @nathans82?

There's a story behind this one.

My copy of MP-29+ arrived from Manda via DHL and I ordered it via EMS originally five days before Manda posted the Suspension of Mailing was to be in effect. Two days before the payment was due, I emailed Manda Nayuta if there is a possibility to change the shipping to EMS to DHL to speed things up as EMS was delayed.

Agreement was made and I paid the difference. Shipping was done on Friday, came in the DHL Depot in Vancouver, British Columbia on Monday, got nabbed in Custom Fees.  Paid the fees last night and got delivered today, plus totally disinfected the entire box before opening it. Delivery guy was also taking pre-cautions as well with the gloves and mask. This is the Shockwave that I was looking forward to get, not the lilac looking one.

Singing the song: "One eyed, one eyed giant purple people eater" while fiddling with it. Note that my camera doesn't pick up the dark rich purple as it picks it up in blueish-purple hue and left the coil in the package until I get my MP shelf up again. 

Edit: It shows purple in this pic anyways.

DSC01778.jpg

Edited by borgified

9 hours ago, lechuck said:

I have been looking out for MP-29+ as well, but find the current going prices very steep.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for at manda?

16k yen and there was another one for 18k yen (now sold out). Check out the site frequently as there will be a possibility that one will surface back up, just give it some time.

MP-29+ was listed for 20k yen when it first came out. 

Edit: My copy was used, package damaged that's why it was 16k yen. 

Edited by borgified

On 4/8/2020 at 2:12 PM, borgified said:

Your getting Mezco One: 12 stuff as well @nathans82?

There's a story behind this one.

My copy of MP-29+ arrived from Manda via DHL and I ordered it via EMS originally five days before Manda posted the Suspension of Mailing was to be in effect. Two days before the payment was due, I emailed Manda Nayuta if there is a possibility to change the shipping to EMS to DHL to speed things up as EMS was delayed.

Agreement was made and I paid the difference. Shipping was done on Friday, came in the DHL Depot in Vancouver, British Columbia on Monday, got nabbed in Custom Fees.  Paid the fees last night and got delivered today, plus totally disinfected the entire box before opening it. Delivery guy was also taking pre-cautions as well with the gloves and mask. This is the Shockwave that I was looking forward to get, not the lilac looking one.

Singing the song: "One eyed, one eyed giant purple people eater" while fiddling with it. Note that my camera doesn't pick up the dark rich purple as it picks it up in blueish-purple hue and left the coil in the package until I get my MP shelf up again. 

Edit: It shows purple in this pic anyways.

DSC01778.jpg

Yeah, I collect certain Mezcos for my collection. Most Mezco stuff ends up on my Store for sale.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

That is about as fine a haul as you can get.

Popped the 19 out and put it in Gerwalk. The ol Plus shelf is looking pretty good! The 21's are on the shelf above it. I need to shuffle them all together at some point.

744110045_YF-191.jpg.b4c71906bfaf9ac5f63285e47b4eb624.jpg2055439972_YF-192.jpg.3a0644889d5eaa0d2ad1a1fe6c349b56.jpg

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Popped the 19 out and put it in Gerwalk. The ol Plus shelf is looking pretty good! The 21's are on the shelf above it. I need to shuffle them all together at some point.

744110045_YF-191.jpg.b4c71906bfaf9ac5f63285e47b4eb624.jpg2055439972_YF-192.jpg.3a0644889d5eaa0d2ad1a1fe6c349b56.jpg

nice. just need to have a 19 with no fast packs for variety

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice setup! Its screaming for a "DX 21" dance partner!

Which at this point in the pandamic, seems to be a roll of the dice of if its ever gonna show up again soon...

I know right?:( I've got a 21 and 22 on the shelf above it. But I'm planning on adding some DX's some day. Hopefully.

7 hours ago, arrow said:

nice. just need to have a 19 with no fast packs for variety

Challenge accepted!:D

My Itano Circus-inspired dissertation on improving target elimination via cooperative pitbulling through in-flight locally-networked swarms got approved earlier today!  PhD, here I come!  YAY!

Too bad my paper will never see the light of day.... yay confidentiality.... *sigh*

I am going to miss school.  Is it bad I am tempted to pursue a 2nd master/doctorate degree so that I can write a thesis/dissertation that I can actually have published?

Given the job market sucking due to the coronavirus epidemic, maybe more school would be the easier option.

At any rate, figured getting my dissertation committee's approval counted as having received something that is Macross related.

Hope you are all doing well and staying safe,

Officially Dr. Shizuka the PhD Cat in less than 2 months when graduation day comes. 

19 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My Itano Circus-inspired dissertation on improving target elimination via cooperative pitbulling through in-flight locally-networked swarms got approved earlier today!  PhD, here I come!  YAY!

Too bad my paper will never see the light of day.... yay confidentiality.... *sigh*

I am going to miss school.  Is it bad I am tempted to pursue a 2nd master/doctorate degree so that I can write a thesis/dissertation that I can actually have published?

Given the job market sucking due to the coronavirus epidemic, maybe more school would be the easier option.

At any rate, figured getting my dissertation committee's approval counted as having received something that is Macross related.

Hope you are all doing well and staying safe,

Officially Dr. Shizuka the PhD Cat in less than 2 months when graduation day comes. 

Depending on what job you're looking for the market isn't all that bad.  I've been offered five the last month despite all the nonsense.