Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice pic!

Thanks!  I’m using the little bit of spare time off from working at home and when my kid naps to pose some figures.  Also opening up and organizing a lot of purchases.

Still on a NewAge, Magic Square, and Pocket Toys kick. My son and daughter are loving these as they are much easier to handle and transform versus our MP collection. We just received Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz, Soundwave, Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. The plan is acquire more but given the current state of affairs we will hold off until all this Covid19 issue is resolved and we can buy more comfortably in the future. For now we have plenty to enjoy. Although more items are still in transit to arrive any day now.

A672CB99-B412-42DD-8423-BDDE8806C434.jpeg

E364870B-EC7E-4E33-8199-79755571FF3D.jpeg

16 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Still on a NewAge, Magic Square, and Pocket Toys kick. My son and daughter are loving these as they are much easier to handle and transform versus our MP collection. We just received Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz, Soundwave, Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. The plan is acquire more but given the current state of affairs we will hold off until all this Covid19 issue is resolved and we can buy more comfortably in the future. For now we have plenty to enjoy. Although more items are still in transit to arrive any day now.

A672CB99-B412-42DD-8423-BDDE8806C434.jpeg

E364870B-EC7E-4E33-8199-79755571FF3D.jpeg

Who makes those seekers? I’ll check them out and maybe grab one if they look better than the “MP” options I’ve seen. 

Edited by Slave IV

7 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

NewAge. 

Be careful. They are pretty addictive and there are lots to collect.:yahoo:

Haha, I get that! Ok, I just checked it out and it does look better than any MP seeker I've sen but the asking price is outrageous for a Legends size figure. I take it you think it's worth it?

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I get that! Ok, I just checked it out and it does look better than any MP seeker I've sen but the asking price is outrageous for a Legends size figure. I take it you think it's worth it?

I do. They are much easier to transform, paint apps are super crisp and clean, articulations are beyond expectations, and my kids love ‘em. They are a lot of fun to play with.

Plus these scale at about 1/60. Which looks great with your valkyries.

Totally worth it. 

Forgot to mention, if you add Impossible Toys Sparkplug and Spike it adds to keeping a cohesive blend of brands for scale.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I do. They are much easier to transform, paint apps are super crisp and clean, articulations are beyond expectations, and my kids love ‘em. They are a lot of fun to play with.

Totally worth it. 

Forgot to mention, if you add Impossible Toys Sparkplug and Spike it adds to keeping a cohesive blend of brands for scale.

In thought MP was 1/60. These are probably closer to 1/100, right? I’ll probably grab one off Taobao to check it out because it does look good and I’ve been waiting over 35 years to get some decent Seekers. 

3E6D0B53-0068-4276-96B4-2FB1A4F50758.thumb.jpeg.ddd82045e371401d3a328e4ab5b48d0a.jpegWhen standing:

G1 Prime is 6 meters tall and VF-1 is 12.68 meters, more than double Prime’s size. Spike is about 2 meters.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Official_sizes_and_heights

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vf-1a-valkyrie.htm

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Pic for reference.

11 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Just to clarify, scale in Transformers is based on consistent depictions of relative character heights IN ROBOT MODE.

While many of the Autobots are scaled close to their alt. mode sizes, Decepticon alt. modes very wildly.  :vava:

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I thought MP was 1/60.

The Masterpiece seekers were designed as 1:72 F-15s, actually... and the Autobot cars are mostly 1:32 scale.

That's why we scale based on robot modes.  :unknw:

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Just to clarify, scale in Transformers is based on consistent depictions of relative character heights IN ROBOT MODE.

While many of the Autobots are scaled close to their alt. mode sizes, Decepticon alt. modes very wildly.  :vava:

The Masterpiece seekers were designed as 1:72 F-15s, actually... and the Autobot cars are mostly 1:32 scale.

That's why we scale based on robot modes.  :unknw:

Yeah, I get that part but I was talking about jet mode. This is the first time I’ve heard they are 1/72 but if that’s the case, no way a Legends class is 1/60. Either way, NBD as I don’t care about scaling TFs with Macross but just an added bonus if it did. 

Tekering,

I had no idea there was a scale consortium held and we weren’t invited.:p

Thanks for clearing that up, but I will stick to the G1 robot modes on the NewAge figures if you don’t mind. I finally have something that would look appropriate for cartoon aesthetics.

Damn TFs are more hocus locus than anime-magic!

On 4/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Just what the MG Full Armor Thunderbolt needed: EVEN MORE WEAPONS!

I kid, but seriously beware of "weapon fatigue" if you do this at the same time as the rest of the suit.

So true, I know he plowed right through this kit and weapons and did a great job though. You are correct though and it’s why I now build the weapons first.  For me, It was becoming a problem not finishing weapons.

Edited by Ridden001
Crediting builder with finishing extensive kit.

AFBB184E-020B-4011-AEC7-0711B122F1D9.jpeg.79b740f23a2bc1c54a3b825bd56423d5.jpeg

Hot Wheels ‘72 Ford Gran Torino Sport.

ED42B7AB-C92E-42D8-B65B-1A4A7D3D0332.jpeg.7ee8ca65aa6278ee5076a742a940223a.jpeg

DST The Black Hole Maximilian.

5807F5F8-A924-4372-A2DC-47025FE0FFD6.thumb.jpeg.ad67884d106a351974c2b6591c611cb9.jpeg

Marvel Legends Black Widow Deadly Origin.

B7530BC1-E849-4EC3-9380-9FA7F6EFCA58.jpeg.a2a2c61c50fc39115c0333da951f2a12.jpeg

Marvel Legends MCU Black Widow white costume.  The face printing came out perfect.

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Man, I really love that piece! The most perfect toy ever made IMO.

I didn't have a Macross Chunky when I was a kid. But I did have JetFire. My hands remembered it immediately. The nostalgia is strong!

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I didn't have a Macross Chunky when I was a kid. But I did have JetFire. My hands remembered it immediately. The nostalgia is strong!

Yep, and now you have the added niceness of the heatshield and working gun that can shoot your eyes out.:lol:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

My first monkey! One more for Fighter mode inbound.

Congratz! Welcome to the aching fingernail club! (beware of the spring loaded landing bay doors)

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice @sqidd! You are now officially part of the real Macross Club!:D

Haha...now then..sparks of macross elite-ism....dont get the young folks all whipped up!:D:crazy:

Edited by seti88

10 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Congratz! Welcome to the aching fingernail club! (beware of the spring loaded landing bay doors)

Haha...now then..sparks of macross elite-ism....dont get the young folks all whipped up!:D:crazy:

Haha, no elitism here. Just paying respect to the greatest toy ever made. Young and old can all appreciate the greatness that is the Chunky Monkey. ;)