Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

It's kinda in flux right now. I'm not happy with the entire presentation. I need to put some more lights and white backing in one cab (black right now). Lights in a Detolf. A few shelves (Macross Zero) are a bit bare because I left room for three VF-0D's. And I have a VF-0S with Armor to unbox. The Plus shelves are a little weenie. One more YF-19 for Gerwalk to go there and hopefully some Bandai DX 21's. Come to think of it I think I have 8-9 valks to un-box still. And 4-5 Primes. First world problems I suppose.

I've got a box full of YetiStands to set up too.

I'm getting tired just thinking about it!:D

I've been slammed trying to get my new web site done. I'd rather have a sharp stick in the eye.

IMG_6006.thumb.JPG.db67e62d994660cd785abdd2c2a3a47b.JPGIMG_6007.thumb.JPG.44c73c215157bfdb8f2e05884e726656.JPGIMG_6008.thumb.JPG.ef9c5db9d90a682afc144a80721ba6c8.JPGIMG_6009.thumb.JPG.ad17acc9534d8a8795550e76859f9d31.JPGIMG_6010.thumb.JPG.5be1dc465ba96619b81351d887396f3b.JPGIMG_6011.thumb.JPG.f340dece91a9527e27529c9740002bed.JPGIMG_6012.thumb.JPG.89ec9d9e84f0090afabdb6a5e6183bd7.JPGIMG_6013.thumb.JPG.6039b15614facc73db69e47c2255fd63.JPGIMG_6014.thumb.JPG.aced80f902a4ac5c26a6c84445cee2da.JPG

Like a boss

On 3/20/2020 at 9:29 PM, vlenhoff said:

^ ^ ^ Very cool picture! ^ ^ ^ 

1038500569_VF-1Jhikaru.thumb.jpg.b28e3079d2e13f0e397110725ecd9ee1.jpg

The latest addition to my display. Good ol' Hikkie's VF-1J. I wonder whyis this the only HMR with a blue canopy... I wish it was clear, like the others.

Thanks @no3Ljm

I specifically bought extras of the VF-1A CF so I'd have clear canopies to swap in.  I figure as long as I keep them in battroid, I never have to use the blue ones.

This might be of use to those that are taking measures in this worldwide condition, and I thought this might be appropriate here as we're getting our toy fixes in one way or another. 

Knowing that the risk of catching the virus via packages is very unlikely, here's an article that be worth reading from Huffingpost Canada.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/cleaning-packages-delivery-coronavirus_ca_5e72459cc5b6f5b7c53c995f?utm_hp_ref=ca-coronavirus

As a well known adage goes; "Rather be safe than sorry". 

6 hours ago, borgified said:

This might be of use to those that are taking measures in this worldwide condition, and I thought this might be appropriate here as we're getting our toy fixes in one way or another. 

Knowing that the risk of catching the virus via packages is very unlikely, here's an article that be worth reading from Huffingpost Canada.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/cleaning-packages-delivery-coronavirus_ca_5e72459cc5b6f5b7c53c995f?utm_hp_ref=ca-coronavirus

As a well known adage goes; "Rather be safe than sorry". 

I've been doing this since December-ish??? At least with things from Asia. Now with everything.

I have a couple of these sprayers for the shop:

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-418-2L-Ergonomic-Gardening-Fertilizing/dp/B004XV2OQU/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=solo+hand+pressure+sprayer&qid=1584957321&sr=8-7

And I fill them with denatured alcohol from Lowe's. You can buy a gallon for something like $18. It lasts forever.

I use it to clean components. Works great for boxes too. Put on a pair of disposable rubber gloves, hose down the package outside, open it up, light spray of what is inside or wipe down with a damp paper towel. Then everything goes in the trash.

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

@vlenhoff If you need a HMR clear canopy, then let me know.  I have spares.

Yes please! I can send you the blue one if you like. It can wait though. I don't want you to go to the post office in this period of social distancing.

I do want one though. In the mean time, i'll just keep him in battloid mode.

@Chronocidal I am pretty sure that's @sh9000 did too. I really want more brownies in my future.

9 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

double post entertainment, mmm, post...

974035428_NEWROADfinal2.jpg.5cb969c8cb29b8e90c2eecd80cdbb0f3.jpg

Dude!  Sweet!

9 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Yes please! I can send you the blue one if you like. It can wait though. I don't want you to go to the post office in this period of social distancing.

I do want one though. In the mean time, i'll just keep him in battloid mode.

@Chronocidal I am pretty sure that's @sh9000 did too. I really want more brownies in my future.

No problem.  Yeah I checked and I have at least one canopy to spare from one of the Armored Valkyries that I’ll be leaving in Battroid mode.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Dude!  Sweet!

No problem.  Yeah I checked and I have at least one canopy to spare from one of the Armored Valkyries that I’ll be leaving in Battroid mode.

Awesome, lets do it when all this covid-19 dies down, if you agree. It might be some considerable time later, but safety is always first. 

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Love that custom SDF-1. Been kicking around the idea to do the same with mine as it's yellowed over the years.

If I had the skills/time I would have painted the other one I have. The difference between them when next to each other is astounding. Do it!

I just got this. Who has one of these Medicom RAH EVA02's? Is yours a floppy mess? This thing is HORRIBLE. If I look at it sideways it crumbles. This is about the only pose I can do with it. The Unit 01 I have is fine/tight. This was supposed to be MISB but the seal was popped. I'm wondering if I got screwed. Or if they're all a mess. And the white armor/band around the abdomen isn't attached at all.

Looks cool though

.EVA023.jpg.4456c3419d6f4631adb1a5e56b917fc9.jpg

33 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just got this. Who has one of these Medicom RAH EVA02's? Is yours a floppy mess? This thing is HORRIBLE. If I look at it sideways it crumbles. This is about the only pose I can do with it. The Unit 01 I have is fine/tight. This was supposed to be MISB but the seal was popped. I'm wondering if I got screwed. Or if they're all a mess. And the white armor/band around the abdomen isn't attached at all.

Looks cool though

.EVA023.jpg.4456c3419d6f4631adb1a5e56b917fc9.jpg

I don't have those but Medicom has very spotty QC. Their figures can range from sloppy junk to some of the best out there. If it's just loose joints, you can use Future or some other acrylic polish to tighten them up. I did just order some of the latest EVA figures Bandai made for their Robot Damashii line, which is generally very good so will see how that goes.

Just now, Slave IV said:

I don't have those but Medicom has very spotty QC. Their figures can range from sloppy junk to some of the best out there. 

That would explain it. It looks new. But it's a flippin mess. The pose in that pic isn't too bad. Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Good thing the shelf is too short for them to stand up. Then I would be really frustrated.:D

THX

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

That would explain it. It looks new. But it's a flippin mess. The pose in that pic isn't too bad. Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Good thing the shelf is too short for them to stand up. Then I would be really frustrated.:D

THX

No problem! I'm glad I'm happy with the Metal Build EVAs for my Evangelion needs. Those figures are excellent all around and yes, I'm fine with the look even though they are not OG designs...to me, they look better and that's what matters. I ordered the Robot Damashii ones to have as somewhat in scale adversaries for my SHMA Godzilla figures and especially to go with Riobot NERV Anti-G.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

No problem! I'm glad I'm happy with the Metal Build EVAs for my Evangelion needs. Those figures are excellent all around and yes, I'm fine with the look even though they are not OG designs...to me, they look better and that's what matters. I ordered the Robot Damashii ones to have as somewhat in scale adversaries for my SHMA Godzilla figures and especially to go with Riobot NERV Anti-G.

I've got the MB EVA's. I like them. But in a different way than the toon accurate ones.

I'm coming to find as I'm getting to the end of my available display space that my priorities are morphing. It's not so much about the size of the collection, it's the quality (or quality to me). I'm falling out of love with the MB stuff because of the scale. They take up nearly the same shelf space as a 10-12" figure does without the impact of something bigger. My opinion of course. I may be jettisoning some MB stuff in the future.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I've got the MB EVA's. I like them. But in a different way than the toon accurate ones.

I'm coming to find as I'm getting to the end of my available display space that my priorities are morphing. It's not so much about the size of the collection, it's the quality (or quality to me). I'm falling out of love with the MB stuff because of the scale. They take up nearly the same shelf space as a 10-12" figure does without the impact of something bigger. My opinion of course. I may be jettisoning some MB stuff in the future.

Yeah, I'm not a big MB collector and ironically, I have the non-gundam releases like the Mazingers and Evas...and I love those. There is no way I'm going to collect a bunch of Gundam MBs though....unless they do G Gundam. Then I'm fv(ked! LOL!

Ordered another Marvel Legends Stan Lee for $0.24 shipped.  That’s damn cheap to use the body for a custom.  I’ll either make an updated 6” scale Michael Knight to go with my 6” scale KITT or make a Scott Summers in civilian clothes.