Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

@Sanity is Optional

Let me know how the Photon works for you.  That price is right.  But every time I think about getting a resin printer I watch something about what a pain in the ass they are to clean and how hazardous the resin is and how much effort you have to put into dealing with it.  Then the fact that the resin goes bad in 6-12 months and it all turns me off of it.  My FMD is pretty simple in comparison and that ABS plastic can sit there for years and be perfectly fine when I start up. 

However, the resin print quality is so much better than FMD....

55 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

@Sanity is Optional

Let me know how the Photon works for you.  That price is right.  But every time I think about getting a resin printer I watch something about what a pain in the ass they are to clean and how hazardous the resin is and how much effort you have to put into dealing with it.  Then the fact that the resin goes bad in 6-12 months and it all turns me off of it.  My FMD is pretty simple in comparison and that ABS plastic can sit there for years and be perfectly fine when I start up. 

Can't speak for the Photon, but where I work I have access to a Form 2 resin 3D printer, and I still have issues with consistency in detail.  Sometimes I get almost exactly what I want, and sometimes it is a fuzzy mess.  But that printer is a bit on the old side, at this point.

All I'm saying is resin doesn't always give you the best detail, either.

15 minutes ago, iguanaman8989 said:

And it was inevitable that I’d be starting X-wing as well.

AB58A8E0-7CE4-41F1-81E0-1DB8099892E2.jpeg

Actually getting into the game, or just the ships? :lol: 

I've only picked up a few of the assorted larger ships because they're nice little desktop models, but I was surprised to see them update the X-Wing to actually have opening/closing wings.  I did get a single X-Wing with the rebel cargo transport from ESB, but it's an older style. 

I think the newest edition of the Tantive IV also was modified to have more accurate turrets, but I already chopped mine to shorten them.  I really wish Bandai would have made a kit in that size, instead of the micro-model series.

2 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

@Sanity is Optional

Yeah, I'm waiting until Friday to set the printer up, as I'm not quite sure yet where to put it. Might just stick it in the garage with the door closed and a garbage bag around it to contain the smell.

My boss at work bought one, and he's had some success using it to print replacement parts for his model trains. I'll be using it to do quick prototype iterations for some custom designs like the VF-31 missile pod I did a while back.

I'll definitely post up over on the workshop section how well it goes.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Actually getting into the game, or just the ships? :lol: 

I've only picked up a few of the assorted larger ships because they're nice little desktop models, but I was surprised to see them update the X-Wing to actually have opening/closing wings.  I did get a single X-Wing with the rebel cargo transport from ESB, but it's an older style. 

I think the newest edition of the Tantive IV also was modified to have more accurate turrets, but I already chopped mine to shorten them.  I really wish Bandai would have made a kit in that size, instead of the micro-model series.

Little bit of both. The x-wing community in my area is a bit more active than any Armada I’ve seen so far, but there’s been talk of Clone Wars era stuff coming out later this year, so that’ll reinvigorate the game.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Mnn.. hope they branch out into more airframes soon.  I want something like an EA-6B, or RA-5.. maybe an F-8 or A-4.

Gotta fill out my late 70s carrier airwing. ^_^ 

Are you getting this F-14A?

850CFC20-2428-46B4-BEDC-EC22519D0AC3.jpeg.4e8d481e8529f4b6ea431d01e641b8d9.jpeg

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Is there a picture of the deco for the F-15?

I’m not sure but this is the description:  F-15DJ Eagle Flight guidance group Virtual enemy aircraft painting 2018.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:24 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just thought I would pop in for a moment to say...

My dissertation was just approved.... so all that is really standing in my way to getting my PhD is doing my dissertation defense in front of my adviser and the other committee members.... which will probably be done sometime in April... depending on when my mother's chemo and radiation therapy gets scheduled.

At any rate, it was nice to get some good news for once.,. especially given how the past few weeks has been regarding my mother's health.

Have a great weekend everyone!  And stay safe and healthy... particularly with that coronavirus going around.

-Shizuka the almost PhD Cat

Congrats! Eat healthy and get plenty of sleep whenever you can.

On topic: I haven't actually posted my latest haul. I have not spent much this year--because of course I spent a lot last year T_T My first 2 months of 2020 was paying off a company loan. I'm also saving up for RL expenses like home improvements, and this coronavirus pandemic has also added to the expenses. I had to buy masks and medicines just to make sure I have my own stock (not hoarding levels though).

large.2020_01_bk_codegeassvf1.jpg.d7651cc1dafe29a6ca8401981df2002c.jpg

716882581_Drift_Optimus_FlameToys.thumb.jpg.c034537c895c03a2d2ee2e887157bf59.jpg

Just got these two. From USA Gundam Store. Huge discounted and sale price. 550.00 shipped for both. BUT FEDEX clobbered the outer box of the Drift so bad you can see on the top of the box that there is a fairly noticeable tear. Toy is fine. USA Gundam offered to refund shipping and give me a 10% additional refund, AND another 10% on a future purchase. First time buying from this store. I saw the sale last week when I was in a USO in Richmond, VA while surfing my phone. They got a customer for life. What a refreshing experience.

Haven't opened them yet, but will very soon.

20200313_113941.jpg

Edited by Alphahorizon

On 3/12/2020 at 8:56 PM, Mommar said:

Got King Of Wakanda Black Panther too.  Looks great, poseability sucks.  Forgot I’d even pre-ordered it.

6477C738-6EBE-4FE0-AFE2-7C43CFBDE2F7.thumb.jpeg.f5903cfc942106b77b1fa6e5a6bfdea4.jpeg

What's the difference between this one and the previous Black Panther, aside from the roid rage?

Here are a few of my recent acquisitions:

image.jpg

I’m currently waiting for a couple of TSF’s to arrive, they’re in the states, but in limbo. Super happy to have the YF-19 in my collection, and the Zeta Plus C1 is just a real cool addition to my expanding scope of transforming toys.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver