Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That's a badass looking Prime.

I can't stop looking at it! My crap pictures don't do it justice. It's absolutely beautiful. If it was 18" tall and metal it would be my favorite Prime. But, the Ultimetal holds that spot. Going to be tough to de-throne it.

It's a really close second.

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

The Yammie VF1S is the exploding shoulder batch.

20200309_200917.jpg

I rolled the dice on three of these that I got for HMR VF-1/Strike Pack prices. All three MISB. None of the shoulders broke.:yahoo:

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

The VF0S (pre owned from a certain online site)and the VF1S chogokin are my recent metal gods.( the only two I have). The Yammie VF1S is the exploding shoulder batch.

20200309_195847.jpg

20200309_200917.jpg

Strange.

I don't recall the Hikaru-1S ever being part of the original batch that had knurled-pins...

Edited by treatment

On 3/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, burnout6 said:

What are your experiences with items marked as Opened from Mandarake? 

Opened - The item has been opened and has signs that it has been handled in someway. It may have minor scratches, stains etc

I ordered my Bandai DX YF-19 Full Set in that condition, sad to say I seem to be missing the intake covers... otherwise the toy was (is) fine. 

Need to take pictures, but at the annual Tucson Toy Expo this weekend, I picked up the following:  (I was there doing a book signing)

Yamato V2 VF-1J Super Hikaru MISB: $80
Bandai VF-31F (movie version) MIB: $120
Bandai 3" Gasphon VF-1S Hikaru Strike Battroid: $10

Passed on the following:
Vendor 1:  (bought Gasphon Hikary from him)
    Yamato 1:48 VF-1A Low-Vis MIB: $350  (If I had sold more I likely would have bought it, so regret selling mine years ago).
    Bandai 1:55 VF-1A Hikaru: Didn't ask price
    Bandai 3" Gasphon Battroids (VF-1J Millia, VF-1S Focker Strike): $10 each 
Vendor 2:
    Yamato V1 VF-1J Max and Millia In Box: $100 each
    Yamato V1 VE-1 In Box: Didn't ask Price.
Vendor 3:  (bought VF-1J super Hikaru from him)
    Multiple Robotech MPCs:  Didn't ask price.
Vendor 4:
    MPC VF-1A "Ben Dixon": $200

Numerous Jetfires in and out of boxes and in various conditions.
I considered offering Vendor 2 $150 for the V1 M&Ms together, but based on the level of dust on them, he will have them again next year.

6 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Vendor 1:  (bought Gasphon Hikary from him)
    Yamato 1:48 VF-1A Low-Vis MIB: $350  (If I had sold more I likely would have bought it, so regret selling mine years ago).

By any chance have this vendors info? I'm looking for another Low Vis

3 hours ago, treatment said:

Strange.

I don't recall the Hikaru-1S ever being part of the original batch that had knurled-pins...

The second v.2 1/60 valks with the white side covers and the black top had shoulder issues while the v.1 did not.

I have a 1/60 Yammie VF-1J with GPB v.2 with both cracked shoulders, however I haven't done the replacement since I got the parts from Shapeways.  

9 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Need to take pictures, but at the annual Tucson Toy Expo this weekend, I picked up the following:  (I was there doing a book signing)

Yamato V2 VF-1J Super Hikaru MISB: $80

This one will for sure have the cracked shoulders.

Here's Jenuis' v.2 Yammie list from his blog.

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Arcadia-PF-Elintseeker-2.jpg

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

By any chance have this vendors info? I'm looking for another Low Vis

I think I have his card, if not I'm friends with a big vendor there, he will know his name.  The guy specialized in 80s toys.

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

The second v.2 1/60 valks with the white side covers and the black top had shoulder issues while the v.1 did not.

I have a 1/60 Yammie VF-1J with GPB v.2 with both cracked shoulders, however I haven't done the replacement since I got the parts from Shapeways.  

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Arcadia-PF-Elintseeker-2.jpg

I took it out of its box to inspect it, shoulder are intact, but I have not looked to check the knurled pin status.  I know they are likely to have them, but I did not have any 1:60 VF-1s and after checking the ebay prices figured it was worth the risk.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Yeah.

I don't recall any of the Hikaru-1S releases being reported here to have knurled-pins nor shoulder-issues.

Iirc, only the original 2008-releases (hikaru-1a and roy-1s with single and FP versions) have had knurled-pins and some reporting of shoulder-issues with them. 

I can't recall if anybody reported the Hikaru-1J having knurled pins nor have shoulder-issues, either.

I do recall the VT-1, VE-1 and possibly VF-1D being reported to have had knurled-pins and some have had broken ones.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Opened up my brand new resin 3D printer today. Anycubic Photon

Hopefully this makes it easier to put together some more CAD designs. Iterating based on Shapeways prints takes a lot of time and money.

Nice!  There's some Macross character models out there would benefit from the kind of detail that you could get from the Photon.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Opened up my brand new resin 3D printer today. Anycubic Photon

20200309_164528.thumb.jpg.9fbcdf5d57e30f33b02f0319cc8d587b.jpg

Hopefully this makes it easier to put together some more CAD designs. Iterating based on Shapeways prints takes a lot of time and money.

Photon or Photon S?  I have the Photon and it is a great little machine.

36 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Photon or Photon S?  I have the Photon and it is a great little machine.

The original one, right now they're $239. 

Looks like they just updated their line as well, there's a Photon zero and a wash/cure machine now.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

12 hours ago, treatment said:

Strange.

You recalled wrong. I have the shoulder replacement pins courtesy of this site's mod sent free years ago. Replaced them a few months ago.