Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

It was created for Armada first, then worked into the canon.

The channel running down the center contains a big double barreled cannon, used in game as a sniper like unit.

In universe, it’s used for long range orbital bombardment, or to punch holes in opposing capital ships.

Named for the Onager catapult, which is known for kicking up it’s back end while firing, which in turn got it’s name from a wild donkey.

Edited by iguanaman8989

10 hours ago, iguanaman8989 said:

It was created for Armada first, then worked into the canon.

The channel running down the center contains a big double barreled cannon, used in game as a sniper like unit.

In universe, it’s used for long range orbital bombardment, or to punch holes in opposing capital ships.

Named for the Onager catapult, which is known for kicking up it’s back end while firing, which in turn got it’s name from a wild donkey.

That just sounds like the Eclipse.  Interesting design though.

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

February stuff :) Im trying to do monthly loots to convince myself im buying less but I dont think its working:wacko: :lol:

I see we both jumped on the Gunner there.  Let us know how the Calamity and that base are.

I’m curious about the Saber of Red too.  I always see these Knight-like Figma figures and they look cool but I know nothing of the properties.

Edited by Mommar

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I see we both jumped on the Gunner there.  Let us know how the Calamity and that base are.

I’m curious about the Saber of Red too.  I always see these Knight-like Figma figures and they look cool but I know nothing of the properties.

Haha ye It was on sale at Amazon and had to jump on it. Im going to build it after im done with the Alex and Zaku Kai. The Calamity I got to use on the Hobby Japan Sword Calamity conversion kit. I usually dont build 1/144's but this one is special, the tutorial DVD included with that conversion kit is what got me into painting kits. 

Same here, I saw the original Fate Stay Night series but apart from that I know nothing of the new ones. I mainly just get the ones that look cool. She ends up a little limited by the armor but overall I like it. What I dont like is the prices for the Fate Figmas, they seem to charge a higher price just because of their popularity. 

Figma Saber of Red

Edited by anubis20

45 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I have most of the Fate figmas and yeah my knowledge is limited to the original novel and Zero. But the figures are nice but the figmas are all kinda pricey these days.

Making me buy a two pack with Shinji just to get Sakura? Screw you, Max. <_<

Im skipping that pack only cause of that. F SHINJI!!

3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Quick question, how did you get a web shop exclusive from Amiami? I thought they didn't sell P-Bandai items.

3 hours ago, crackpot said:

Pre-owned items

That's right.. Go and look in the pre-owned section on Amiami @General Rasp if you have time. You might get lucky and get something that you where looking for. ;) 

34 minutes ago, burnout6 said:

What are your experiences with items marked as Opened from Mandarake? 

Opened - The item has been opened and has signs that it has been handled in someway. It may have minor scratches, stains etc

I haven't taken a magnifying glass to anything I've purchased that's been marked like that, but my experiences have been great. their labels are very honest in my experiences.

good example: VF-22 Gamlin marked "opened used, package damaged"

package had shelf-wear, and a torn corner, VF-22 had obviously been displayed, was a little dusty, most stickers [lovingly and skillfully] applied, is in 9/10 condition, and cost me 20,000yen.

I've had no complaints.

Edited by slide

1 hour ago, burnout6 said:

What are your experiences with items marked as Opened from Mandarake? 

Opened - The item has been opened and has signs that it has been handled in someway. It may have minor scratches, stains etc

Mandarake is usually fantastic and their standards are generally higher than one would expect or even have for themselves. I do usually try to take closer looks artt he pictures they provide if they specifically call something out. All the many items I've bought from them came in basically new condition even if they called it used.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

C6A8C401-6160-4CD6-A194-D7F14C4B7FCD.thumb.jpeg.f8498de89a41d20726db1ef3fa49f5a2.jpeg

Hot Wheels.

I haven't seen that 22B yet. Time to keep an eye out for it!

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The Beast has arrived! Managed to get a copy after passing in it originally. 

20200304_145205.jpg

Congrats again! A must have!

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Is that Batmobile a TH too?

I think it’s just a gold Batmobile.  There was a BTAS Batmobile that was a TH.

Edited by sh9000

Just thought I would pop in for a moment to say...

My dissertation was just approved.... so all that is really standing in my way to getting my PhD is doing my dissertation defense in front of my adviser and the other committee members.... which will probably be done sometime in April... depending on when my mother's chemo and radiation therapy gets scheduled.

At any rate, it was nice to get some good news for once.,. especially given how the past few weeks has been regarding my mother's health.

Have a great weekend everyone!  And stay safe and healthy... particularly with that coronavirus going around.

-Shizuka the almost PhD Cat

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

44 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My dissertation was just approved.... so all that is really standing in my way to getting my PhD is doing my dissertation defense in front of my adviser and the other committee members.... which will probably be done sometime in April... depending on when my mother's chemo and radiation therapy gets scheduled.

At any rate, it was nice to get some good news for once.,. especially given how the past few weeks has been regarding my mother's health.

Have a great weekend everyone!  And stay safe and healthy... particularly with that coronavirus going around.

Congrats! Home run stretch!! 

14 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Congrats to future.... Dr. Shizuka the cat.....:yahoo: