Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Some stuff that arrived recently..

2oawU1i.jpg

Pop quiz, which of the above:

1. Have the exact same box size?

2. Are the same scale?

3. Designed by Kawamori? :D

jK4pozb.jpg

The HMR VF-4G Roy colours did turn out better than expected in hand. Or perhaps, it's just great to have more VF-4G variants.. ^_^

For Fighter 1 & Fighter 2, too bad they don't come with pilot figures to match their opening cockpits..

My second Matchbox SDF-1 showed up. I had one before that I never un-boxed and decided I didn't have the room to display it so it was sold. Then I regretted it. So, here is my second one. Unfortunately not as mint as the first one. It's not bad though. Replacement cannons should be here today and fresh decals soon. Looks pretty good hanging out with the HMR fleet!

Bet seriously Arcadia. Where is my PF TV SDF-1!

788618157_SDF-12.jpg.ff48cc62b06d9b81202cadc17a039a52.jpg

Edited by sqidd

5 hours ago, MKT said:

2oawU1i.jpg

2. Are the same scale?

jK4pozb.jpg

The HMR VF-4G Roy colours did turn out better than expected in hand. Or perhaps, it's just great to have more VF-4G variants.. ^_^

For Fighter 1 & Fighter 2, too bad they don't come with pilot figures to match their opening cockpits..

Those are some nice Fighters.

5 hours ago, MKT said:

2oawU1i.jpg

2. Are the same scale?

jK4pozb.jpg

Do the fighters have metal contents or are they plastic with metallic paints?

Holy smokes! You guys weren't kidding. The Legioss/Tread is HUGE! I definitely don't need two of these. I take back everything I said about the Evolution Legioss being too small.

Time to get the 1/10 Ride Armors on a YetiStand. I made some adapters. Now to fiddle with them a bit.

320811249_Apha2.jpg.6098efc2adeae86ddf1be957402b7f64.jpg1381169970_Alpha1.jpg.bfeaef8f82da5dca8910bbdea2c92c53.jpg

Edited by sqidd

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes! You guys weren't kidding. The Legioss/Tread is HUGE! I definitely don't need two of these. I take back everything I said about the Evolution Legioss being too small.

Time to get the 1/10 Ride Armors on a YetiStand. I made some adapters. Now to fiddle with them a bit.

320811249_Apha2.jpg.6098efc2adeae86ddf1be957402b7f64.jpg1381169970_Alpha1.jpg.bfeaef8f82da5dca8910bbdea2c92c53.jpg

Nice! Oh how I dream someday of having a few Legioss/Tread combos to display and play with. Waiting for Sentinel since there is no way I’ll buy the ET versions for more than $50. 

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Oh how I dream someday of having a few Legioss/Tread combos to display and play with. Waiting for Sentinel since there is no way I’ll buy the ET versions for more than $50

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

sweet!

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Oh how I dream someday of having a few Legioss/Tread combos to display and play with. Waiting for Sentinel since there is no way I’ll buy the ET versions for more than $50. 

That's/those are the Toynami/Aoshima. I didn't feel like waiting for years until maybe Evolution comes out with a Tread. And I'm never going to transform these so I'm not too worried about the quality. I paid a few more dollars than $50 for them.:unknw: They cost me less than a Evolution combo will come to though. They were both MISB. I wasn't taking a huge risk.

The way my Karma works Evolution will release pics of a Tread tomorrow. You're welcome.:hi::D

I have a Evolution Legoiss on PO to display in Soldier mode. That shelf is going to be pretty busy/full.

Edited by sqidd

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That's/those are the Toynami/Aoshima. I didn't feel like waiting for years until maybe Evolution comes out with a Tread. And I'm never going to transform these so I'm not too worried about the quality. I paid a few more dollars than $50 for them.:unknw: They cost me less than a Evolution combo will come to though. They were both MISB. I wasn't taking a huge risk.

The way my Karma works Evolution will release pics of a Tread tomorrow. You're welcome.:hi::D

I have a Evolution Legoiss on PO to display in Soldier mode. That shelf is going to be pretty busy/full.

Oh, gotcha! I have the Aoshima Legioss but never got the Tread. Yeah, I’m just waiting for Sentinel and I don’t care how long it takes. I’m willing to wait for extra satisfaction. 

Edited by Slave IV

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Those are some nice Fighters.

Still a bit mixed feelings about the Fighters to be honest. The front half of them have curves like a classic valk, but the rear half are all angular in a way that reminds me of paper planes & spaceships I use to fold as a kid :lol: 

6 hours ago, burnout6 said:

Do the fighters have metal contents or are they plastic with metallic paints?

100% plastic with metallic paint, so it feels really lightweight. I believe they were done with regular paint release as well.

Edited by MKT

23 hours ago, sqidd said:

My second Matchbox SDF-1 showed up. I had one before that I never un-boxed and decided I didn't have the room to display it so it was sold. Then I regretted it. So, here is my second one. Unfortunately not as mint as the first one. It's not bad though. Replacement cannons should be here today and fresh decals soon. Looks pretty good hanging out with the HMR fleet!

Bet seriously Arcadia. Where is my PF TV SDF-1!

788618157_SDF-12.jpg.ff48cc62b06d9b81202cadc17a039a52.jpg

Loving that shot!

17 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Got my Bandai 1/55s from MWer @sil80jdm and HMR VF-4G Roy Version in from Hobby-Search.

20200222_183904.jpg

Nice haul!

14 minutes ago, MKT said:

Vader's drink of choice when he comes home from a long and hard day's choke.. err, work..

Haha!

33 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Nice!!

Thanks!

Seeing the new Skull VF-4 convinced me I really should track down the 2012. My first Hi-Metal R, first Macross toy in forever. I like it, and really like the look of the VF-4G Skull but think I should find others before double dipping on a mold right at the start of collecting again

A38643C6-1684-4F70-9C35-9F343B2BAB03.jpeg

Edited by jeisurii

24 minutes ago, jeisurii said:

Seeing the new Skull VF-4 convinced me I really should track down the 2012. My first Hi-Metal R, first Macross toy in forever. I like it, and really like the look of the VF-4G Skull but think I should find others before double dipping on a mold right at the start of collecting again

A38643C6-1684-4F70-9C35-9F343B2BAB03.jpeg

Nice pickup! Congrats! Let's see what you end up with a month from now.:D