Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

The newest member to the Squadron, I've been wanting this Valk for a long time & it was worth the wait. B))

IMG_9258.JPG

IMG_9262.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

Are you going to try and find a matching set of SSP or leave it blank?

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Better than any scene from those damn sequels.

3C5D28FE-7FE9-4A8D-894A-0A50D29C6540.thumb.jpeg.1ea72e817b4123e780aff96b449845e8.jpeg

This doesn't look right... Old Man Han is still fit while Luke added some pounds after the death of Leia?  :huh: 

4 hours ago, myk said:

I stumbled on my old Matchbox/HG VF1 in my storage unit and felt compelled to bring it home.  I just bought a booster unit, GU11, racks and missiles for it; although I'm having a friend of mine 3D print extra tips for the missiles since I'm missing a few.  I don't have a correct pilot because I refuse to pay what those Matchbox figures go for (especially a Roy Fokker one), so one of my WWII pilots is filling in for now lol.  Maybe I'm going nuts in my old age, but thirty four years later I'm suddenly enjoying this fugly thing lol...

vf1.jpg

vf1a.jpg

vf1b.jpg

Christ, that thing is gnarly, lol!

Even at 10 years old, I knew that thing was all kinds of strange.  The 1J head with the 1S lasers, the swing bar from the chunkies (but the inability to fully transform, wtf?!), the incorrectly mounted gunpod, the super pack with missing arm and leg armor, the funky missiles and the weird proportions overall, hahahahahaha!

I'm not going to lie, I threw some money at some Robotech toys back then, but I knew this thing was not something I wanted because it was just so off, lol!

11 minutes ago, peter said:

Christ, that thing is gnarly, lol!

Even at 10 years old, I knew that thing was all kinds of strange.  The 1J head with the 1S lasers, the swing bar from the chunkies (but the inability to fully transform, wtf?!), the incorrectly mounted gunpod, the super pack with missing arm and leg armor, the funky missiles and the weird proportions overall, hahahahahaha!

I'm not going to lie, I threw some money at some Robotech toys back then, but I knew this thing was not something I wanted because it was just so off, lol!

Yeah it's a mess of a design but for some reason its finally caught my attention.  I had heard that originally the Matchbox VF1 and the hovertank were supposed to have full transformation but it just didnt make it to the final design.  That plane cost $65 new when I bought it back in the day; a lot of money today (IMO), but a fortune back then...

@borgified  I actually have a spare set of Fast Packs I can use for now, down the road when my Piggy-Bank is full again I might try & track down a set of official Stealth Armor. B))

@Lolicon  I highly encourage you to find one, It's officially a must have!! The Macross Zero type pilot is so cool. :)B))

5 minutes ago, myk said:

Yeah it's a mess of a design but for some reason its finally caught my attention.  I had heard that originally the Matchbox VF1 and the hovertank were supposed to have full transformation but it just didnt make it to the final design.  That plane cost $65 new when I bought it back in the day; a lot of money today (IMO), but a fortune back then...

Yeah, it looks like it was supposed to transform.  They went as far as cloning the chunky's leg swing bars.  I saw a few customs floating around out there, not sure if anyone ever completed one that was 3 mode capable.,

Childhood memories right?  I think I have two or three Inbit, maybe a Regult.

20 minutes ago, peter said:

Yeah, it looks like it was supposed to transform.  They went as far as cloning the chunky's leg swing bars.  I saw a few customs floating around out there, not sure if anyone ever completed one that was 3 mode capable.,

Childhood memories right?  I think I have two or three Inbit, maybe a Regult.

Ha ha, great (or demented) minds often think alike...

hg crew.jpg

Edited by myk

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

@borgified  I actually have a spare set of Fast Packs I can use for now, down the road when my Piggy-Bank is full again I might try & track down a set of official Stealth Armor. B))

@Lolicon  I highly encourage you to find one, It's officially a must have!! The Macross Zero type pilot is so cool. :)B))

If a reasonably priced one shows up on Mandarake I may just bite. 

24 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Don't know what that is.  I've never had to use it on any other waterslide decal I've applied before.

Without going into decaling 101, I'll just say it helps decals stick better. I always use it along with decal softener.

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Finally got my Xmas present opened up!

20191227_153823.jpg

A Philips Sonicare toothbrush? Nice! Robot looks okay too.

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Without going into decaling 101, I'll just say it helps decals stick better. I always use it along with decal softener.

I find it odd not a single one on the previous Shen Long model had this issue and I didn’t use any of that other stuff either.

17 hours ago, myk said:

Ha ha, great (or demented) minds often think alike...

hg crew.jpg

Curious, where is it made?  My Robotech In bit toys were actually made in Japan,  lol!

20191228_120742.thumb.jpg.30b73364a6f1eeeedf7a4f140f5a027f.jpg20191228_120450.thumb.jpg.ece971a112d27bac4c74bd03343e51ec.jpg

I have one of those non transforming VF-1 fighters in a different paint scheme.  I think its more HIkaru DYRL paint scheme if I remember correctly..  and it came from a toyline called ExoSquad or something along those lines.       I remember looking at it like WTF?      

My kids have been big on Ninjas from Ninjago, TMNT, Naruto and Gatchaman. Needless to say, I am proud.  :D

Sooner or later, I knew Power Rangers would be a thing and it has hit big time with them. I got my son this for Christmas. 

79B7BD85-3A68-49E5-84BF-389D21F28284.thumb.jpeg.2e5945a26a1e78387920d5db1ab432be.jpeg

I have heard “Power Star Lock in! Ninja Spin!” Constantly for the last few days, lol! Needless to say, it’s his favorite present by far and his older sister wants one for her birthday now.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I have one of those non transforming VF-1 fighters in a different paint scheme.  I think its more HIkaru DYRL paint scheme if I remember correctly..  and it came from a toyline called ExoSquad or something along those lines.       I remember looking at it like WTF?      

That's the same toy that I posted about on the previous page but repackaged as an Exosquad toy.  Minor changes to coloring and stickering, but basically the same toy.  I wish I had picked up the Glaug and the hovertank when they were reissued as well...

18 minutes ago, scand said:

Time to have some fun with $550 worth of Valkyrie and Valkyrie accessories. Outside the stress of just getting a single fully loaded valk, I don't see how you guys ordering multiples hold it together. :/

It's called alcohol.:rofl:

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't decide if this is a breakfast cereal or a fitness tracker.:unknw::D

Lmfao!  fukking auto-correct on my POS phone....

Edited by peter
Spelling

6 minutes ago, scand said:

Lot's and Lot's of Miller Lite :D

If I bought as many valks and accessories as some others here, Miller or Coors lite would be the only thing I could afford to drink.

28 minutes ago, scand said:

Time to have some fun with $550 worth of Valkyrie and Valkyrie accessories. Outside the stress of just getting a single fully loaded valk, I don't see how you guys ordering multiples hold it together. :/

Managing to get in orders at MSRP. Keeps it to ¥18000+¥4400+¥8800, or a bit under $300 before shipping.

Much more reasonable than the aftermarket pricing, even if the Strike Packs and Missiles are a bit expensive.