Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Recent arrivals while I was away.

One of my rare non-Macross figure purchases. Nier Automata was an amazing game and 2B continues the tradition of "androids I'd fool around with." :lol:

IMG_20191129_212711.thumb.jpg.f10e5fd8661788ad356b3f8f145767ff.jpg

Don't really need Ronin AND Hawkeye though if you want the swords and bow you have to get both. Thanks Bandai! People love being nickel and dimed!

IMG_20191129_212835.thumb.jpg.abc301612c96e4c9f24dfad9748e025b.jpg

31S armored parts I got for only 12k. Woohoo!

IMG_20191129_212944.thumb.jpg.41894690a2fbecc36e99190c82f52054.jpg

I think they released a different version of the Avengers in Japan. :o

IMG_20191129_213033.thumb.jpg.ade3e3437c156497d8c089171124fb40.jpg

46 minutes ago, jenius said:

What went wrong, I'll warn folks in my review.

To be honest I couldn't tell you what went wrong.  Only what's broken.  I have Stig and Rey and didn't have this problem.

I tried to swing the bar around underneath the arm and peg it into the backpack.  The peg didn't line up.  I readjusted the arm, plugged it in, and felt the whole assembly come loose.  Looked back at the front and the bit was broken.  Not sure why the hell that piece is plastic anyway, it doesn't require friction but it does potentially require resistance to sheering when rotating and being plugged in.  I may have a horrible QC model anyway, the fabric in the right shoulder is bunched up and doesn't seem attached under the armor correctly.  Several other pivot points weren't lined up straight and I was afraid they would shear off when I tried to rotate them.

780CFDD6-C18D-4367-BE57-397A21FDC2CA.thumb.jpeg.bcc367e2722c8177ea556892e131619e.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

Finally today i got one of my Macross Holy grail. The VF-1S Focker DYRL weathering plus Super parts also weathering. The weathering version of the VF-1 from Yamato is still my favourite despite the DX from Bandai(which is great anyway).I bought them as used but they look perfect to me.  Now down with the waterslide decals.

IMG_20191130_101026.jpg

IMG_20191130_101037.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Finally today i got one of my Macross Holy grail. The VF-1S Focker DYRL weathering plus Super parts also weathering. The weathering version of the VF-1 from Yamato is still my favourite despite the DX from Bandai(which is great anyway).I bought them as used but they look perfect to me.  Now down with the waterslide decals.

IMG_20191130_101026.jpg

IMG_20191130_101037.jpg

Congrats on the beautiful pickup!

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and good Black Friday deals. I got a few this year.  My wife surprised me when we got to Best Buy whereupon SHE tried to convince ME to get a PS4pro, so I countered with a "might as well get VR too."  Both were $100 cheaper.  I was hoping to try VR when No Man's Sky supported it.  I had no idea it already did.

I also found a used Rahxephon action figure going for $100 less than usual.  I loved this anime, but didn't wanna spend over $200 on the action figure.  The model from Bandai is only $60, but this is so much better, mostly die cast, with clear plastic bits, an excellent figure.

And the new Steven Universes movie was awesome, love the show, and the DVD was worth the $15 to see some behind the scenes footage (even if CN never releases their shows in proper sets!  GRR!)

IMG_20191130_142258484.thumb.jpg.d9650bb0de6ee56c5e93f7ed6849fda2.jpg

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I got this from Amazon Japan

4E9681F4-412F-4F66-9A9B-CBD3D0EC4AD7.thumb.jpeg.f2a69322c3e6687fc87b4af2d5042101.jpeg

That’s how the box looked on my lawn, lol! Box inside seems fine but I haven’t bothered checking closely yet.

The box underneath is in much better condition and that’s good since it should be my Blowsuperior. 

Looks more like it got squashed some rather than someone rummaged through it, since the Bumblebee is still in there.

44 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Just caught my USPS carrier throwing a package over my wall.

Language barriers and cultural misunderstandings aside, reading stuff like this makes me glad I live in Japan.  B))

I assume you've reported his conduct to the proper authorities?

55 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Just caught my USPS carrier throwing a package over my wall.  I’m on a roll this weekend.  Yes, he did break that prototype Excelsior.  And then he lied to me when I stopped him in the road about it.

1B507564-ACBD-415C-A978-3847235B9327.thumb.jpeg.ba690594d7d67dbcfd5d4eedf7209244.jpeg3AC7027B-1C34-480D-ADDA-B7F0310E2EB3.thumb.jpeg.c49ccaa4495b4b0159993a876e75f336.jpeg

You think that's bad?

I checked the tracking number for my SV-51 replacement legs from HLJ as I hadn't received them yet. According to the tracking info, it made it all the way to my local post office. However, no delivery attempts were ever made and a couple of days later the package somehow made its way back to Japan where delivery was attempted on 11/30. 

USPS incompetence at its finest. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You think that's bad?

I checked the tracking number for my SV-51 replacement legs from HLJ as I hadn't received them yet. According to the tracking info, it made it all the way to my local post office. However, no delivery attempts were ever made and a couple of days later the package somehow made its way back to Japan where delivery was attempted on 11/30. 

USPS incompetence at its finest. 

That doesn't surprise me.  My local Post Office hasn't attempted a single re-delivery since August of 2016.  They ignore all submissions by the website and door tags left signed.

If it makes you guys feel any better my local post office is so bad that the news channels from around here are doing stories about it all the time. My actual driver is pretty good though. As long as it's not her day off and she has a sub I get everything I'm supposed to.

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Is that Zaku II a complete toy or a kit?

11 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

It is a complete action figure. This is the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite version (Metal interior skeleton).

Yep! And the green CF is going on preorder this Monday! With decal sheet for three variants.   

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

So you managed to sneak in an order for Agent Gomez without any trouble @nathans82

I'm already on the wait list for Robin Roach and Grub. If I get him, it's a bonus, otherwise I'll get Ghost Rider. 

I found it on a Facebook Group for cheap (Mezco Buy-Sell-Trade).

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yep! And the green CF is going on preorder this Monday! With decal sheet for three variants.   

Yep, and I need two of them, guess no sleep tomorrow night.