Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice, I still want one of those Cosmo Fleet SDF-1s but I think I'll just hold out for a bigger, better one to come someday.

@sqidd psa, I a have a feeling you are gonna want this. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07YV3YPM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, a Arcadia 1/3000 PF TV Color SDF would be sweet. I would buy for sure.

Dude, what is that nutball thing? :o The page won't translate. It's bonkers. I'm interested.:p

The problem is that I've gotten really into the super robots or yore. Not just the Mazinger. And there are some pretty large (I like big toys as you know), pretty expensive options. Well, a LOT of big expensive options. I've been spending money like a crack head that won the lottery.:rofl: That can't go on unchecked.

And now a minty JetFire and Chunky Monkey are on the list......

5 hours ago, MKT said:

Been hunting down this figure for quite some time. Always wanted an unmasked Tony to complement the rest of Sentinel's Re:Edit Iron Man range. The die cast armor suit-up parts was a pleasant surprise as I probably missed that bit in others' reviews, and gave the whole figure a satisfying heft. The paint seem a notch above the Re:Edit line, as the deep candy red lacquer look to have an extra layer of gloss. My only gripe is that the crotch armor is not a continuous piece from front to back, and broken up between the thighs.

FsDkZSk.jpg

That armor is amazing.

9 hours ago, MKT said:

Been hunting down this figure for quite some time. Always wanted an unmasked Tony to complement the rest of Sentinel's Re:Edit Iron Man range. The die cast armor suit-up parts was a pleasant surprise as I probably missed that bit in others' reviews, and gave the whole figure a satisfying heft. The paint seem a notch above the Re:Edit line, as the deep candy red lacquer look to have an extra layer of gloss. My only gripe is that the crotch armor is not a continuous piece from front to back, and broken up between the thighs.

M8dyu6N.jpg

FsDkZSk.jpg

Man if these had better q.c I'd actually prefer them to the RE:Edits

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Yes, a Arcadia 1/3000 PF TV Color SDF would be sweet. I would buy for sure.

Dude, what is that nutball thing? :o The page won't translate. It's bonkers. I'm interested.:p

The problem is that I've gotten really into the super robots or yore. Not just the Mazinger. And there are some pretty large (I like big toys as you know), pretty expensive options. Well, a LOT of big expensive options. I've been spending money like a crack head that won the lottery.:rofl: That can't go on unchecked.

And now a minty JetFire and Chunky Monkey are on the list......

Yeah, 1/3000 Arcadia PF version would be lovely. 

As for that beast, it all ties in to the Jetfire talk. Remember, Transformers were developed from existing transforming toys. The majority of them came from a line called Diaclone. There are many articles you can find about the history of Diaclone and Transformers. The figures transform and are modular to connect with other figures and allow you to create just about any combination you want. Many collectors are considering this new Diaclone line to be the best line of toys out today. I’ve resisted the line due to the utter wallet destruction it could cause if I dove in but there is no way in hell I can pass this release up. I can’t imagine any fan of bad ass looking transforming figures to pass this up. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, 1/3000 Arcadia PF version would be lovely. 

As for that beast, it all ties in to the Jetfire talk. Remember, Transformers were developed from existing transforming toys. The majority of them came from a line called Diaclone. There are many articles you can find about the history of Diaclone and Transformers. The figures transform and are modular to connect with other figures and allow you to create just about any combination you want. Many collectors are considering this new Diaclone line to be the best line of toys out today. I’ve resisted the line due to the utter wallet destruction it could cause if I dove in but there is no way in hell I can pass this release up. I can’t imagine any fan of bad ass looking transforming figures to pass this up. Lol. 

Ahhhh, yes. I read about them in that article I was linked to yesterday.

Yeah, I don't need to go down that rabbit hole. The depth of the rabbit holes I'm in now is plenty!:o

20 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

nice photos redwolf.  is mp-44 really THAT glossy?  also his white thighs look almost silverish there!

It's the lighting, but he is really reflective especially in display case which is all glass and bright leds. Which also applies to his white parts looking silverish/grey. I didnt want to overexpose and I like the lighting on these guys.

11 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Man if these had better q.c I'd actually prefer them to the RE:Edits

What was the issue you were having with your copy? 

So far all the armor parts fit well on mine, perhaps the bicep pieces could be a bit tighter as they tend to unclasp easily.

On the Re:Edits, I was fiddling with them again recently, and was a bit miffed a couple of them have had their thigh joints being loose just from standing on the shelf for a few months.

Same symptoms as the Bandai 1/60 Frontier renewal toys. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I finally got these!

273349366_StarWars_TieFighter_HDR2.jpg.48bc8efd017faa3cee1b68f7f1a59e85.jpg

I was going to every Walgreens around everyday (still am to find Dani and ObiWan) for weeks to find Emma. What a pita just to find whatever figures. I mean I want them but it's a stupid amount of time used up for it.

That looks really nice. What line is that? Do they have other stuff like the MF and X Wings? How big are they?

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

My love of big toys certainly creates its challenges. He's about 2" too tall (without the battle axe) for a Detolf.

Getter 1.jpg

I was thinking of getting those adhesive rubber feet, to stick them under the glass, where the bar meets the glass. Too see if i can raise it the glass enough for my old Bandai SDF-1 to fit with the guns straight up. I have the canons at a slight inclined angle right now. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPFDQBH/?coliid=I2NNTWK8A010J5&colid=1ACO6KMXBEIRI&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it I haven't tried it, but hey. At your own risk, there is my future idea.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

NY finally got around to shipping my Figuarts Nebula.

6EFEEF78-E232-4C24-8AF7-EA87304B26E2.thumb.jpeg.971b13184491b2a1a23f9af5056a12e5.jpeg

DUDE! SWEET!

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

Set up mt first Yeti stand. They're pretty darn nice. So many options now. I'm going to be goofing with these to no end!

Yeti VF-1S.jpg

DUDE! SWEET!

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The circuit is now complete! Got my RX-78-2!

Gundam_MB_GFFMC.jpg.d6e2f5b9cfe83a28a339ee50151a5657.jpg

No time to arm it up yet but it is sweet! I know, late pass but this is the 40th edition:D

So Warpath owed money to some Gundams, and he hired a Zaku as a bodyguard?

Nicely done @Slave IV, you got one. 

Edited by vlenhoff

10 hours ago, MKT said:

What was the issue you were having with your copy? 

So far all the armor parts fit well on mine, perhaps the bicep pieces could be a bit tighter as they tend to unclasp easily.

On the Re:Edits, I was fiddling with them again recently, and was a bit miffed a couple of them have had their thigh joints being loose just from standing on the shelf for a few months.

Same symptoms as the Bandai 1/60 Frontier renewal toys. :wacko:

Poor armor fit and joint quality. People's standards are different though and if it's goid for you then it's good. 

With the Re: Edits I've owned them all since their initial releases and I've got to sar they still haven't gone loose or anything in all these years so I dunno there,  man.

----------

Metal Build Destiny Monday and at this point I think I'm just going bite the bullet on Char.Z and RX-78-2. @Slave IV's pic just got me.

17 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

YUMMY! I need to order a few of these as well.  Looks great! 

The quality and flexibility are outstanding. I give the two thumbs up. @ChaoticYeti is the man. He's going to be getting a lot of my money!!!:D

Tonight I'm going to set up a dual mount stand to get my head around what my options are.

Edited by sqidd

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Do you still want the Dani Moonstar and Obi-Wan that I got?

Definitely! Thanks! 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

That looks really nice. What line is that? Do they have other stuff like the MF and X Wings? How big are they?

The Vintage Collection. They are for use with the 3.75” figures and this Tie is around 13” tall. This basic toy has been around for years releases in different forms and lines but I think this look with the tall wings has only been released once before. All the various ships have been released in some form in the past with higher end versions being either The Vintage Collection, Legacy Collection or Trilogy Collection. Two versions of the X-Wing just opened for preorder or release last week. Only problem with this line is Hasbro is milking people with the MSRP. This Tie was MSRP $80 and the same mold with different colors came out maybe around a decade ago for $30. The X’s are MSRP $100 when they were also $30-$40 before and come with less this time. You can almost always get these on clearance because I suspect most people aren’t down with the ludicrous MSRP. For instance, this Tie went down to $20 and even $10 clearance but I wasn’t lucky enough to find any at those prices. 

The kicker for you is, a few years ago, Hasbro actually made a Black Series Tie-Fighter for their 6” figures. The thing is monsterously huge! I think it was msrp $150 and also went down to clearance of I think $40-$80. I have one too but haven’t opened it yet. You can find pics of how big it is on the webs. 

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I was thinking of getting those adhesive rubber feet, to stick them under the glass, where the bar meets the glass. Too see if i can raise it the glass enough for my old Bandai SDF-1 to fit with the guns straight up. I have the canons at a slight inclined angle right now. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPFDQBH/?coliid=I2NNTWK8A010J5&colid=1ACO6KMXBEIRI&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it I haven't tried it, but hey. At your own risk, there is my future idea.

DUDE! SWEET!

DUDE! SWEET!

So Warpath owed money to some Gundams, and he hired a Zaku as a bodyguard?

Nicely done @Slave IV, you got one. 

I did exactly something like that to raise my detolf shelf’s. 

Haha, thanks! I think all the figures on that shelf are roughly 1/100 scale so they look good together. 

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Poor armor fit and joint quality. People's standards are different though and if it's goid for you then it's good. 

With the Re: Edits I've owned them all since their initial releases and I've got to sar they still haven't gone loose or anything in all these years so I dunno there,  man.

----------

Metal Build Destiny Monday and at this point I think I'm just going bite the bullet on Char.Z and RX-78-2. @Slave IV's pic just got me.

You’re the one who sold me on the Re:Edit line and I’m glad as it is one of my favorite lines ever. Their Hulkbuster is still my most prized and favorite figure in that scale range. 

To know that I’ve been able to help convince you to buy things is a bit ironic now but you know what you are getting into with these lines. They are fantastic figures. I think you’ll especially like the Zuku. 

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

They are for use with the 3.75” figures and this Tie is around 13” tall. This basic toy has been around for years releases in different forms and lines but I think this look with the tall wings has only been released once before.

Actually, that's the fourth release with tall wings... but the first two versions (from 2005/2006) used retooled Kenner molds, with only the wings being new:

Review_TIEFighterROTS022.jpg

Kenner TIE cockpit.jpg

Hasbro's first "Vintage Collection" TIE used a completely new cockpit module, but with the old Kenner wings...  :unknw:

Hasbro TIE cockpit.jpg

The 2009 "Legacy Collection" release was the first to combine both the new wings and the new cockpit, and it retailed for $40...

TIEs today.jpg

Last year's "Vintage Collection" release used exactly the same mold, but retailed for $80.  :angry:

Is it any wonder Walmart slashed prices (up to 75% off) just to clear them out?

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

Actually, that's the fourth release with tall wings... but the first two versions (from 2005/2006) used retooled Kenner molds, with only the wings being new:

Review_TIEFighterROTS022.jpg

Kenner TIE cockpit.jpg

Hasbro's first "Vintage Collection" TIE used a completely new cockpit module, but with the old Kenner wings...  :unknw:

Hasbro TIE cockpit.jpg

The 2009 "Legacy Collection" release was the first to combine both the new wings and the new cockpit, and it retailed for $40...

TIEs today.jpg

Last year's "Vintage Collection" release used exactly the same mold, but retailed for $80.  :angry:

Is it any wonder Walmart slashed prices (up to 75% off) just to clear them out?

Thanks for the refined details! I love all this stuff but just can’t keep up with all the releases, lol! I’m glad I waited for this last one to get it for a deal. The current msrp for TVC is ludicrous. 

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks for the refined details! I love all this stuff but just can’t keep up with all the releases, lol! I’m glad I waited for this last one to get it for a deal. The current msrp for TVC is ludicrous. 

I'm not sure whether I would have preferred the lighter gray of the 2009 edition, but I was happy just to get this one.  Never saw the clearance prices sadly, but rather have one at retail than not at all.

The only real gripe I have is their insistence on retaining the stupid spring-loaded wing panels.  They should have gutted that feature when they retooled the cockpit mold, because all it does now is leave the wings sloppy and prone to prematurely eject, because the mechanism was never meant for wings that heavy. :rolleyes: 

I'm still waiting for a proper retool of the old Y-Wing mold so it doesn't look like misshapen/mis-scaled caricature, and a re-release of Vader's Tie and the bomber.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm still waiting for a proper retool of the old Y-Wing mold so it doesn't look like misshapen/mis-scaled caricature

They'd have to start from scratch on that one... and I've long since given up hope.  :unsure:

Y-Wing figure_scale.jpg

I'm making my own instead.  ^_^

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You’re the one who sold me on the Re:Edit line and I’m glad as it is one of my favorite lines ever. Their Hulkbuster is still my most prized and favorite figure in that scale range. 

To know that I’ve been able to help convince you to buy things is a bit ironic now but you know what you are getting into with these lines. They are fantastic figures. I think you’ll especially like the Zuku. 

Yea man, the Chemical Attack crew were at a heightened state of mind when designing these. They made a killer universal frame type and knocked it out of the park with the suit designs.

... And yea man your pic put me over the edge. Really looking forward to them now.

42 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not sure whether I would have preferred the lighter gray of the 2009 edition, but I was happy just to get this one.  Never saw the clearance prices sadly, but rather have one at retail than not at all.

The only real gripe I have is their insistence on retaining the stupid spring-loaded wing panels.  They should have gutted that feature when they retooled the cockpit mold, because all it does now is leave the wings sloppy and prone to prematurely eject, because the mechanism was never meant for wings that heavy. :rolleyes: 

I'm still waiting for a proper retool of the old Y-Wing mold so it doesn't look like misshapen/mis-scaled caricature, and a re-release of Vader's Tie and the bomber.

Yeah, I want it all! Light color would be cool to match my old original toys better but overall I like the darker deco that we got. Vader and Tie-Interceptor are high on the list. It’s just a pain to see them stacked on shelves at msrp and then completely disappear when they are on clearance. Just price them reasonably to begin with! It’s funny though, my wife was happy for me for finally getting one but after she checked it out, she was impressed with the cockpit detail and said that part was worth $10 but the rest is junk. Lowest clearance price was $10:lol:

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

They'd have to start from scratch on that one... and I've long since given up hope.  :unsure:

Y-Wing figure_scale.jpg

I'm making my own instead.  ^_^

Nice!

Edited by Slave IV