Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Flipping back and forth on ordering a pair of the FEXT SCIFI03 myself - really like how they look. I know you did the design on them @Saburo and I think you nailed it.

That little yellow mech looks very familiar... is that one of Rihio's little multi-link guys? They look fun. Considered buying some to go with my Diaclone stuff before I realized my wallet was off crying in the corner because I was stretching my collection a bit thin. :/

4 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Flipping back and forth on ordering a pair of the FEXT SCIFI03 myself - really like how they look. I know you did the design on them @Saburo and I think you nailed it.

That little yellow mech looks very familiar... is that one of Rihio's little multi-link guys? They look fun. Considered buying some to go with my Diaclone stuff before I realized my wallet was off crying in the corner because I was stretching my collection a bit thin. :/

Thank you @jeniusornome!  You are correct that is the Rihio multi-link.  They are pretty cool and since they are 1/60 scale like th Diaclone releases they go nicely to display with Valks.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Now you can reconfigure your original custom hanger with the two Sci-fi 03 set and make a larger hanger dio (providing that you have enough display space) @Saburo.

Will be waiting to see the end result. :good:

@borgified I wasn’t planning to combine the 2 sets, I like to keep them separated and also less likely questions regarding the parts in the combined set. :p

12 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@borgified I wasn’t planning to combine the 2 sets, I like to keep them separated and also less likely questions regarding the parts in the combined set. :p

Sounds fair... I think the more fancier the display gets, the more questions gets asked as usuall. Keeping simple and easy is the way. 

Right behind you @Shizuka the Cat.

Got dropped off by Canada Post and no Customs Duty tagged on while on the way to work yesterday at 3:55 PM PST

The first available copy of Arad's Silpheed parts from Manda.

DSC01584.jpg

Edited by borgified
No pic or it's not legit!!

5 hours ago, nathans82 said:

Got my Soul of Chogokin GX-71 Go-Lion (Voltron) in this week from BBTS.

20190827_111944.jpg

Cool.  I’m waiting until the very last day of my POL to ship mine from them.

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Managed to snag a full sealed set of CMs series 3 Macross figures from Mandarake.

They finally showed up.

Reveal hidden contents

20190829_170905.thumb.jpg.406712057717a152bd8b1150724adf88.jpg20190829_171244.thumb.jpg.c0fc088e59e34ada009d76adc4687388.jpg

Congrats.  Cool set and price.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Another box of cats was left at my doorstep. 

6A11E616-E42A-43B9-8787-D6FBFC1C08A9.thumb.jpeg.69f1fb8164b195d9f6b08a78746c2368.jpeg

This is a true masterpiece.  I think I went through two or three versions of this on the first run until I was satisfied with the condition of the one I got (I'm a box guy, I know, it doesn't make any sense with Bandai).  But it was well worth it.  I can only marvel at the engineering and design of this thing.  There's only a handful of toys/collectibles that have the same sort of iconic weight and heft to them.  The first Masterpiece Optimus Prime by Takara, the Chunky Monkey, the first Masterpiece Starscream, the YF-25 from Macross Frontier (and that may be stretching it a little).  And none of them come close to the beauty of this thing.  Simply superb!

Macross_KC_Hikaru.thumb.jpg.561fb9ace80f6d0c6968ae69feb820b1.jpg

OK, this thing has exceeded all expectations. I'm not gonna say it's the best figure around but everything from the shipping, packaging, accessories, fit and finish tell me that KC actuallly cares about the products they put out and that counts for a lot. Now I have absolutly no regrets about ordering Misa and should probably order Minmei asap.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

OK, this thing has exceeded all expectations. I'm not gonna say it's the best figure around but everything from the shipping, packaging, accessories, fit and finish tell me that KC actuallly cares about the products they put out and that counts for a lot. Now I have absolutly no regrets about ordering Misa and should probably order Minmei asap.

Cool.  I’ll pick up my 2 later in the morning.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

If only KC had make this figure adhere to Rick's body proportions at 1/12 scale, instead of Roy's, this would've been near perfect; as it is, it's too lanky.

A77D9C90-DD9F-44C6-9854-665900ECCF8D.thumb.jpeg.8bebb6ad135abb4a91c5489a3ce57758.jpeg

KC 1/12 Robotech Rick Hunter x2.

E089AED5-A3AC-4C9D-92FF-3D40826C5C2D.thumb.jpeg.0d0fdd8fff1f9815436c86ee347981ce.jpeg

Another Hot Wheels Island Hopper.  I’m going to paint them black, tint the windows, and add some rocket launchers. Then my 1/64 KITT or 1/64 Airwolf will have some enemy helicoptors to go with them.

So, I went digging for more info on the Hachette Air Fighter Collection releases, and might have a fun little scoop for those wanting to plan out their purchases without going in blind.  I've been doing my searches in Japanese, and translating the results, and they've turned up some interesting finds.

http://www.books-ruhe.co.jp/cgi-bin/bms/list.cgi?ctg_id=airfighter

This site lists all of the releases up to #37, which, if correct, I'm absolutely grabbing as soon as CD Japan lists it. ^_^ Will probably grab the Hornet as well, while I'm at it.

Product name unit price image     To the basket
Airfighter_37 
Release Date October 9, 2019 US Navy A-7E Corsair II 37th Attack Squadron “Bulls” 1980 
Air Fighter Collection No. 37 A-7E Corsair II
2,028 yen 
(+ tax)
Air Fighter Collection No. 37 A-7E Corsair II     Unreleased
Airfighter_36 
Release Date 25 September 2019 F / A-18E Super Hornet US Navy 137th Battle Attack Squadron “Kestrels” 2011 
Air Fighter Collection No. 36 F / A-18E Super
2,028 yen 
(+ tax)
Air Fighter Collection No. 36 F / A-18E Super     Unreleased
Airfighter_35 
Release Date September 11, 2019 Japan Air Self-Defense Force F-4EJ Kai Phantom II 301st Squadron F-1 Special Paint 1992 
Air Fighter Collection No. 35 F-4EJ Kai Fan
2,028 yen 
(+ tax)
Air Fighter Collection No. 35 F-4EJ Kai Fan     quantity: Book 
Shipment after arrival

Airfighter_34 
Release Date August 28, 2019 German Navy TORNADE IDS Navy Air Corps 1st Air Corps 1990 
Air Fighter Collection No. 34 TORNADE IDS
2,028 yen 
(+ tax)
Air Fighter Collection No. 34 TORNADE IDS     quantity:To book 
Stock status

Here's hoping they keep digging backwards into history, and we get some more designs from the 50s-70s. :D 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I went digging for more info on the Hachette Air Fighter Collection releases, and might have a fun little scoop for those wanting to plan out their purchases without going in blind.  I've been doing my searches in Japanese, and translating the results, and they've turned up some interesting finds.

http://www.books-ruhe.co.jp/cgi-bin/bms/list.cgi?ctg_id=airfighter

This site lists all of the releases up to #37, which, if correct, I'm absolutely grabbing as soon as CD Japan lists it. ^_^ Will probably grab the Hornet as well, while I'm at it.

Awesome, thanks! I might get the Super Hornet.

Really looking forward to that Super Hornet. Sweet paint job on the Kestrels. I was intending to get the previously-released F/A-18, but this is the more attractive option.

ON a side note - not sure if I should thank or curse the board's recommendation of Mandarake, Just dropped way too much $$ on my first purchase, and have a half dozen more  items on my favorite list,

eb60cb3d7dfb4ca91e7cf25972f6afe3.jpg