Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

That's so cool. :good:

I'm just happy that I'm able on getting the mechas that I like from the 80's with today's engineering. And that's a cool thing for me. Though it's a little bit expensive. ^_^

Having receive the RD Galient OAV Ver last week, I wish that Bandai will make the TV version of it that separates like the one above. And hopefully someone will tackle Dorvack too. ;)

Tell me about it, lol! I literally need another gif from you for all these other lines to show my wallet getting obliterated by them.:lol:

I saw those RD figures and they look amazing, I've just been able to resist most of the RD line so far and hoping to keep it that way but I did just order a GP-02.

Tell me about it, lol! I literally need another gif from you for all these other lines to show my wallet getting obliterated by them.:lol:

Hahaha! :lol: I'll try as much as possible to make one, sir. ;)

Get on it, chop chop!:D

Ha! Aside from spending money on our hobbies, I try not to miss a day working so I have money to pay for it. So I'll try my best to squeeze it in in my family busy schedule. :lol:

And it's also why I haven't started continuing my PF custom Valk. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm

Ha! Aside from spending money on our hobbies, I try not to miss a day working so I have money to pay for it. So I'll try my best to squeeze it in in my family busy schedule. :lol:

And it's also why I haven't started continuing my PF custom Valk. :unsure:

All good! As you hopefully know, I was totally kidding and would not be bothered a bit if you never do it. But if you do, you know they always spark that bit of joy in us crazy collector types.:D

All good! As you hopefully know, I was totally kidding and would not be bothered a bit if you never do it. But if you do, you know they always spark that bit of joy in us crazy collector types.:D

No worries. It's all good too. Besides, I always have fun doing it too. So that's good enough reason for me. ;)

I wish we could read the quoted text author again.  I wonder if this is a glitch.

The other thing is the quick link when you finish reading a thread to go to the next one. It used to be labeled with what thread you were going to. Now it just says "Next Thread" so you have no idea where you end up.

The other thing is the quick link when you finish reading a thread to go to the next one. It used to be labeled with what thread you were going to. Now it just says "Next Thread" so you have no idea where you end up.

YES!!! Super annoying!!! 

@Slave IV You gotta stop making that Xabungle look so good! 

Just a quick out of the box shot of Mr Satan

1-405.png

Haha, you make everything look too good, lol! Like this Mr. Satan.

Seriously, I really do think the non Macross HMR toys are the gems of the series even though I am a much bigger Macross fan and I know it's an unpopular thing to say on a Macross forum. They are all so well made and have so much character. I guess part of it is most HMR Macross toys have bigger and better counterparts where these other ones are so rare and unique to see in toy form.

My wife surprised me with this Darth Vader lightsaber she picked up for me when we were at Disney World. I didn't care for the cheap plastic stand it came with, so I made this custom stand today..

20190307-184452-01.jpg

That's awesome! :good:

What are those brown smudges on the hilt?

Thanks!  Thats there sorry attempt at weathering haha

I assumed those were just stains from all the chocolate ice cream and blue milk Vader must've been binging on between ep 3 and 4, when he didn't have anything to do with all the Jedi gone. That would explain why he fought like an out of shape old geezer in A New Hope. :rolleyes:

Pretty sweet lightsaber hilt display though! :good:

While actively looking for older items i came across some alphas for a good price.

And a small cyclone that was free that is missing parts, trying to decide if i am to keep it or not.

20190223_180626.jpg

Edited by Penguin sushi

Haven't bought retail figures in towards 7 years but picked up the Neca TMNT sets from Target.

9-222.png

I don't understand how you managed to swap out that nunchuck attachment part there.  I have two Mikey's now and out of four nunchucks three of them won't budge and the fourth is broken after I took pliers to the thing and only succeeded in snapping the peg off.  I went from loving the aesthetic to genuinely hating that figure.

I took pliers to the thing and only succeeded in snapping the peg off.

NECA uses very tight tolerances on their pegs and ball-joints.  I've been doing a lot of customizing on their Planet of the Apes figures, and I find the only safe way to swap out parts is to heat the pegs (and sockets) with a hair dryer first, significantly softening up the plastic before disassembly.  The area should be hot and pliable, like rubber, to avoid breakage while parts-swapping.

NECA uses very tight tolerances on their pegs and ball-joints.  I've been doing a lot of customizing on their Planet of the Apes figures, and I find the only safe way to swap out parts is to heat the pegs (and sockets) with a hair dryer first, significantly softening up the plastic before disassembly.  The area should be hot and pliable, like rubber, to avoid breakage while parts-swapping.

I can tell you they ignore tweete about problems like this.

One:12 Stealth Iron Man showed up today.

Boy, I just can’t find lighting that gets across how amazing this blue really is.  Too bad the thigh swivel is so loose most standing positions turn him into a knee-knocked mess, though.

2BAAF203-1D73-408D-B1B3-65D7134954D8.thumb.jpeg.9a7beb478debe6345b92a3a6fd33a0ca.jpegFEA14E24-AFAF-40DA-8F90-99F933583BA6.thumb.jpeg.8477c3879317dc4adc85f750464cb775.jpeg

The keep trying to post pictures but any pics I don’t take in wide view keep failing to upload now...  I had to crop them for some reason.

Edited by Mommar