Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If it's a Jumbo Machinder-sized chunky-style 3P release....I'd get every single variant produced....;)

I recall there were a couple MW members working on upscaled chunky VF-1s....one made of wood and one out of metal....wonder if they ever completed them? :unknw:

I am surprised no 3P has released such a beast.

JVM, you forget. There’s a 3P company already made a prototype. Not sure if some MW members were involved. ^_^

Got most of the Black Panther figures now...

922889008_BlackPantherline-up.thumb.jpg.28da44c810cfb334ffa78e8e9e47346e.jpg

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice F-14.  Where are the figures that go inside the cockpit?

There are none.  Unlike most BBI "Elite Force" toys, the Tomcat didn't come with figures.  :(

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If the 1/55 is a reissue and brand new then it should be nice since it’s a great toy that is still in perfect condition.

I still wish that Bandai reissued the Strike VF-1S, Armored VF-1, VT-1, VE-1, and their planned VF-1D.

85FD94CB-9093-4635-9FC0-031071FD941C.thumb.jpeg.c3e2bfb39da15717d9ea4ff21bad9645.jpeg

Why does that picture make me salivate? 

22 hours ago, tekering said:

I use A/C all the time, windows are usually kept closed, and I spend very little time around my displays... and with a regular influx of new stuff, displays are updated often enough that dust isn't a significant problem.  Plus, those ships are easily accessible for dusting.  

The 1:18 Tomcat that hangs above them, however...

396861496_Theotherbigbird.thumb.jpg.2d0fda5b5ed74ebbadef85ba84d18ae6.jpg

This one can only be accessed with a ladder, and hasn't been dusted in several years.  :unsure:

>> I spend very little time around my displays

If I had a room like that I'd be spending a lot of time in it, especially with the AC on :P

14 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

It can prob fit a 3.75" Luke in there :crazy:

Or probably any 3.75” figure.

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Got most of the Black Panther figures now...

922889008_BlackPantherline-up.thumb.jpg.28da44c810cfb334ffa78e8e9e47346e.jpg

There are none.  Unlike most BBI "Elite Force" toys, the Tomcat didn't come with figures.  :(

Nice Marvel Legends Black Panther collection.

There was one company making 1/18 resin F-14 pilots.

And now I just ordered a 2nd chunky monkey from Mandarake.

Can't wait for my VF-1A DYRL Max and VF-1J Hikaru to arrive.

Now I just need to track down Roy, TV Max, TV Miria, and VF-1A DYRL Hikaru.... and an Elintseeker and a SuperOstrich... and and and.... (sigh)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

got metal build inspired wing zero, thanks @F360 it came safe!

IMG_4433.JPG

The GFFMC Wing Zero is pretty amazing looking, and quite poseable. Just be careful with the stand attachment part, one of them is a bit wobbly on mine.

Purchased a valkyrie factory ko arcadia vf-1s clone, which arrived today. For the money, It's actually not half bad. Came well packaged and double boxed. The paintwork, Tampo's and joints are all very good. Transformed without fault and look great on display. Is it better than the real thing? No, but for the money i think it was worth it. Might even go for the focker with super parts.

thumbnail_DSC_0012.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0018.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0022.jpg

There are some Chunky Monkey that hasn't be made at all  @Shizuka the Cat

Based on what @sh9000 has posted, that's the modern list of the 1/55 of what has been made so far, however, there is a vintage VF-1s Strike Hikaru that is considered a "Holy Grail" plus with a VF-1j and GBP (both packed separately), which both @rdrunner and @jenius has in their own collection.

Make sure that you have enough funds saved for your actual wedding day.

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

There are some Chunky Monkey that hasn't be made at all  @Shizuka the Cat

Based on what @sh9000 has posted, that's the modern list of the 1/55 of what has been made so far, however, there is a vintage VF-1s Strike Hikaru that is considered a "Holy Grail" plus with a VF-1j and GBP (both packed separately), which both @rdrunner and @jenius has in their own collection.

Make sure that you have enough funds saved for your actual wedding day.

Since the plan is for me to get married shortly after I graduate and get my PhD, that day won't come for another year and 3 months (at the earliest).  That's (*cough*) 6 months of collecting Macross toys and (*cough cough*) 9 months of saving up!  

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

And now I just ordered a 2nd chunky monkey from Mandarake.

Can't wait for my VF-1A DYRL Max and VF-1J Hikaru to arrive.

Now I just need to track down Roy, TV Max, TV Miria, and VF-1A DYRL Hikaru.... and an Elintseeker and a SuperOstrich... and and and.... (sigh)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1/55 DYRL VF-1A Max is nice because it’s the first release of that type.

Not just you, Shizuka.

837166630_TheSerkisCollection.thumb.jpg.e503b4200fe1e273261c72f907f7dfc9.jpg

Now class, who can tell me what one thing all these sci-fi/fantasy characters have in common?  ^_^

1.) They are primates

2.) They possess 20 digits (10 fingers, 10 toes)

3.) They have 7 orifices on their head (2 eyes sockets, 2 ear canals, 2 nostrils, 1 mouth), no including small openings like pores, where hair follicles protrude from the skin, or wounds.

and so much more!

I have a coworker who used to drop $1500 plus on handbags in a single shopping trip. Just tell him how lucky he is you're ONLY spending $550.. per shopping trip.

I figure if I sell my regular Max + Miria, and maybe a few other things, I can at least recover some of the cost of the 2 PFs that I just bought. That will cut down the sting a bit.

I got an A on one of my midterm exams... so I am treating myself.  Yes, I know I am rationalizing.... just let me have this one.  :help:

@jenius  I know what you mean. One of my friends from MIT got married to a girl visiting the United States as a tourist from China that he met thru Match.com. His wife, who does not work, insisted that he get a 2nd job because she wanted him to buy her a $50K handbag and a $70K BMW.... which he did.  :cray:*sigh*  I never want to become one of those wives... 

Plus,  I am not big on handbags. I prefer lugging around my MIT backpack wherever I go.

I figure if I sell my regular Max + Miria, and maybe a few other things, I can at least recover some of the cost of the 2 PFs that I just bought. That will cut down the sting a bit.

I got an A on one of my midterm exams... so I am treating myself.  Yes, I know I am rationalizing.... just let me have this one.  :help:

@jenius  I know what you mean. One of my friends from MIT got married to a girl visiting the United States as a tourist from China that he met thru Match.com. His wife, who does not work, insisted that he get a 2nd job because she wanted him to buy her a $50K handbag and a $70K BMW.... which he did.  :cray:*sigh*  I never want to become one of those wives... 

Plus,  I am not big on handbags. I prefer lugging around my MIT backpack wherever I go.

Mistake 1- match.com? Y da hell would he marry someone from match.com

Normally I say to each their own...but 50k for a handbag? OMG. 

Haha, I was going to say $1500 is slumming it in the world of handbags. 

PF M&M are hugely tempting to me too but I am exhibiting self control I never would have had on them. I just don’t care about PF enough on that style. 

Mistake 1- match.com? Y da hell would he marry someone from match.com

Can't blame the guy actually. Probably he fell in love with her -- deeply. For people who fell in love, their reasoning is it doesn't matter where you meet in the first place. :rolleyes: Unless, there's some other reasons why he married her. :spiteful: And with that, I think this is not the best thread to talk that over. ;)

I wouldn't quite say it was a grail but definitely one I'd wanted for some time in the Metal Build Astraea.  S.H. Figuarts Mr. Satan also came in.

20190307_085711-e1551978211304.jpg

Congrats, @Kuma Style! Actually, with the current price it's going for for those two, I can say that it's already a grail.  :good: 

Oh man, more MB pics coming soon from @Kuma Style Nice!

I just picked this up from the post office

Xabungle_HMR_Walker_Gallia.jpg.ccc536a4b1240ea37dc582fbb4ed8c6f.jpg

I'm looking forward for mine as well. But my package was delivered by our office mail agent to a different building so I need to file a ticket. :unsure: Hopefully it gets delivered in our building today or tomorrow. Hopefully before the weekend. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward for mine as well. But my package was delivered by our office mail agent to a different building so I need to file a ticket. :unsure: Hopefully it gets delivered in our building today or tomorrow. Hopefully before the weekend. :rolleyes:

Mine was delivered to a new address that I'm not at yet so I was worried about my ability to pick it up but all good. And I also know that my address change with NY was no issue and all my other items to come from them will go to the right place.

As for the figure, it's another gem from HMR again as far as I'm concerned.

Xabungle_HMR_Walker_Gallia_2.jpg.2e054a4bf987626b1d1dcd66b6c41678.jpg

Xabungle_HMR_Walker_Gallia_3.jpg.abda2c09e778a9c33d0d8b3e46fb4627.jpg

Such a great line, Macross or otherwise and I still think they seem to put some extra love into these non Macross releases.

Mine was delivered to a new address that I'm not at yet so I was worried about my ability to pick it up but all good. And I also know that my address change with NY was no issue and all my other items to come from them will go to the right place.

As for the figure, it's another gem from HMR again as far as I'm concerned.

Xabungle_HMR_Walker_Gallia_2.jpg.2e054a4bf987626b1d1dcd66b6c41678.jpg

Such a great line, Macross or otherwise and I still think they seem to put some extra love into these non Macross releases.

That's so cool. :good:

I'm just happy that I'm able on getting the mechas that I like from the 80's with today's engineering. And that's a cool thing for me. Though it's a little bit expensive. ^_^

Having received the RD Iron Giant Galient OAV Ver last week, I wish that Bandai will make the TV version of it that separates into Panzer Falcon (torso) and Strike Vehicle (legs) like the one above. And hopefully someone will tackle Dorvack too. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm