Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

This thread is going to be covered with Macross goodness very shortly.. HMR VF-4G, HMR VF-1D, Arcadia's PE VE-1 and Chuck's 31e (that's not counting the VF-1J tuxedo valk, the Lil'Drakens for the Movie 31f and the missile pack for the DX VF-1J).

This is one heck of a bang for 2019. Oh.. Before I forget about this one, for those who are celebrating the Asian New Year (Lunar Calendar) very soon: Kung Hei Fai Choi. In Mandarin: Xie Qui Li (did I get this right as Mando is not my mother tongue). 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:38 PM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

The walmart exclusive G1 Prime,  took me a little while to locate.   I ended up finding some in CO,  thanks to family.

This exclusive is nice and all but I just think it’s a little pricey for a release that doesn’t come with the trailer.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

I think that's like the only actual Transformer I had as a kid.

All aboard the nostalgia train!

I love it.  I’ve been on a G1 kick lately and I’m looking forward to getting more.

I normally don't collect things other than Macross, Transformers and Voltron but was kicking myself for passing up the SDCC movie TMNT set last summer even though I stood in line w/ a friend who got a set. 

Thank goodness for this general release at Gamestop.  Looks like these sold out just as fast as the SDCC set and they are going for double the price on scalp bay already. 

Anyone else here collect these or got a set?

IMAG0173.jpg

Edited by dafob

8 hours ago, dafob said:

I normally don't collect things other than Macross, Transformers and Voltron but was kicking myself for passing up the SDCC movie TMNT set last summer even though I stood in line w/ a friend who got a set. 

Thank goodness for this general release at Gamestop.  Looks like these sold out just as fast as the SDCC set and they are going for double the price on scalp bay already. 

IMAG0173.jpg

I got the SDCC box set last summer.  Best looking Turtles figures ever.

9 hours ago, dafob said:

I absolutely am. Mine are paid, I got the Gamestop.com update about a week ago so they should be on the way soon. I missed the SDCC set, so yes, I definitely had to get these and I can't wait to get them in. Now I'm just hoping we get the foot soldiers and Shredder shrunk down to this scale as well. I'd buy a Shredder and at least 8 foot soldiers.

44 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I absolutely am. Mine are paid, I got the Gamestop.com update about a week ago so they should be on the way soon. I missed the SDCC set, so yes, I definitely had to get these and I can't wait to get them in. Now I'm just hoping we get the foot soldiers and Shredder shrunk down to this scale as well. I'd buy a Shredder and at least 8 foot soldiers.

I heard a lot of online orders were mysteriously canceled by GS so glad you were able to keep your order.  Totally agree w/ you about the supporting cast.  I'd buy Shredder and a bunch of foot soldiers too after seeing these guys.

They won’t fit.

69FAF59F-1924-40A6-9C03-A566447407A2.thumb.jpeg.3ffcd9faf74801ba2251f0b77c1abde1.jpeg

I used a free Target gift card and got a Black Series Archive Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot and another Boba Fett.  I also got another Bossk so that I can return my other one with a damaged card.

DE2A647B-13D5-4865-9B66-E0E02854A3C3.thumb.jpeg.a49502d6d28456cf200e7d4c7aebe1e6.jpeg

BF5EAC16-2FC1-4F5D-81FE-8A2473D5F1D3.thumb.jpeg.343d385d816284e027913664b90d4e86.jpeg

335A2568-1D46-4DA6-BBBC-388354959573.thumb.jpeg.4b8eda8567433216914c3776a54c959f.jpeg

This massive 1:12 "Space Jockey" really ties the room together.  :p

2099913227_tiestheroomtogether.thumb.jpg.855bdb23caa5a6ded4e2d2b44190dabe.jpg

Got it for a substantial discount, owing to the damage...  :lol:

539182891_chestbursterdamage.thumb.jpg.f9a5ee41f6fc94bf9b2f4a2e3c7cf2e4.jpg

Looks like something must've come out of it, eh?  :shok:

29 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I would like to get these if they are in 1/60.  What scale are they?

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

IMG_20190210_203124.thumb.jpg.dc020c936f3c280d86d11bc0709be982.jpg

Extremely hard, that isn't Mr SH9000.

I almost went with the Bounty Hunters, but my displays are already planned, and nearly complete. I just need like 4 detolfs more. I think one a month should do it.

Edited by vlenhoff
typo