Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

;) will never forget the crazy macross high i got for that day, i recall it was a sunday, the last day of the show.. 
Teasers for HMR vf-2ss, vf-4, 0A  and 1/60 VF-19 Kai, YF-19, and SHF Britai too...

If that VF-19Kai DX figure comes into fruition, I wonder if all of the members here will buy one? Count me out. :ph34r:

Hehe will have to see how "powerful" the bandai hype machine is, if bandai decides to produce it.

I didnt watch M7 back in the day, so effects on me might be a tad bit muted...
From collection point of view though, the kai being a principal character valk, it should sell well, especially if you want hero valk representation from every macross show...

Come to think of it, Mac7 is the only Macross show I totally ignored. I'm not sure why. But one reason I remember is that after I saw a commercial of it in some of the Manga Entertainment tapes back then, I didn't like it after I saw the Kai's having a face. I find it weird. :wacko:

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I find it weird. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Is that not a perfect review of Macross 7?:rofl:

:hail:

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

B5492FD7-0B7C-4319-A077-BF283363EDCB.jpeg.afb08ab2002ff73d2c9afb7f47d294f8.jpeg

I don't know if I'd spring for the Fire Valk (oh who am I kidding, it's a 19), but I would buy the crap out of that mold in VF-19F/S/P/K/LMNOQRTUV format. :D Just so long as they keep the hardpoints on the YF-19...

Not that Bandai would bother making any of those.. but I can dream.  I've been begging for some low-vis 19s from the Master file since Yamato's first Fire Valk.

I like Basara, but we have multiple iterations of his ride already...

What would really sweeten an official DX Kai announcement is if Bandai revealed they also have plans for Ray's VF-17T and Mylene's VF-11 MAXL—to complete the team. That would help set their iteration apart from the competition.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

I like Basara, but we have multiple iterations of his ride already...

What would really sweeten an official DX Kai announcement is if Bandai revealed they also have plans for Ray's VF-17T and Mylene's VF-11 MAXL—to complete the team. That would help set their iteration apart from the competition.

I’d also only buy Ray and Mylene’s rides.

Let me float this idea.  If (when?) Macross became a property that could be marketed world wide do you think we would more likely see some of the more obscure/odd variants both design and livery wise?  I’m not sure Bandai would change much but I feel like Arcadia would jump at the chance to make non-cannon variants.  They seem aware the western audience appreciates real world schemes and some of the more obscure Valk designs.

Edited by Mommar

50 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Let me float this idea.  If (when?) Macross became a property that could be marketed world wide do you think we would more likely see some of the more obscure/odd variants both design and livery wise?  I’m not sure Bandai would change much but I feel like Arcadia would jump at the chance to make non-cannon variants.  They seem aware the western audience appreciates real world schemes and some of the more obscure Valk designs.

We need a "build-a-valk" store! ;) With an online app to custom design it, and then they build it for you.

8 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

LOL! I didn't know there was an "F" out???!

It isn’t on their website.  But the invoice they sent me with the model says entf.

Too bad one of the nacelles is way off...

Edited by Mommar

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

What site did you find the pic on?  Did they have any other close-ups for the M0 and MF valks?

I don’t remember which site but that pic was still saved on my phone.

81B4E071-C339-4F74-A856-CDDF5F406422.jpeg.4b64bc62706b4527a9fca27fb681c827.jpeg

This is the only other one I have on my phone.

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

The one and only close up? Thanks for posting sh9000! 

No problem.

55 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Okay, what???

I ordered the USS Bonaventure and they sent me the Enterprise... F???

43CD2DB5-677D-4ADE-97A0-C4824E34955C.thumb.jpeg.3ffafe68cfa79665de54241d32fd363e.jpeg

Yeah, we’re gonna need pics of the bottom and side of that. 

And I found it on the UK website, says expected arrival in February/March. Congratulations Mommar; you might just be the first civilian to get it!

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-f-starship

Edited by Sildani

1 minute ago, Sildani said:

Nice. They did a pretty good job with it. The nacelles are almost always out of whack, no matter what ship it is. Pity. 

It's hard to tell but this one is pretty bad.  I think the pylon is warped out of shape on one side or something.  I might be able to heat it and adjust it.

You know it probably should have been one of their bonus-style ships that's made a little bit larger.  The size that's between the regular models and the XL models.  LIke the REefit NX or all of the JJ-prise ships are.

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

Just got Figuarts Wasp in the mail today.  Fantastic figure!  Very dynamic and lots of fun to pose!

1C2277D9-6872-4FF1-99A6-017B8D60C452.thumb.jpeg.1f779b2c9e2536ccffc16fd284881603.jpeg

Oh wow that does look good. Skipped it because I'm not a huge Ant Man fan, but your pic made decide to get a Wasp. Found one on Mandarake for only 6k.

Now should I get the new Ant man? Still have the one from Civil War. Hmmm... 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Oh wow that does look good. Skipped it because I'm not a huge Ant Man fan, but your pic made decide to get a Wasp. Found one on Mandarake for only 6k.

Now should I get the new Ant man? Still have the one from Civil War. Hmmm... 

Unless you like the look of the new suit more or you just GOTTA have the giant Ant he comes with in the US release he's pretty much the same figure as last time.  Given the color palette and metallic content of both suits the original suit actually looks better next to Wasp than the new one does.

Got more stuff in. I broke my no Mafex rule after several years, I really liked Kingsman though so I had to get Eggsy and Harry. I've been on a board/table top game kick lately, I picked up Fallout and the New California expansion by Fantasy Flight Games. Highly recommended, like everything else by FFG, it's nicely paced, and a fantastic translation of the Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas experience in table top form.

IMG_20190202_012235875.thumb.jpg.71ca53fa37e28cc6c61915c5e9006866.jpg

923106452_IMG_20190202_0121189572.thumb.jpg.73b0c4029f9e3eedf3908e9f0ce1ff6e.jpg

IMG_20190202_012402641.thumb.jpg.256acedc7f7d7befca317b6be15cdcab.jpg

IMG_20190202_012500852.thumb.jpg.6b7fd38bc614fae2852c34dfd915dc90.jpg

19 hours ago, derex3592 said:

LOL! I didn't know there was an "F" out???!

It's the result of a contest to design the new Enterprise for Star Trek Online from a few years back. The Ent-E is lost in the late 24th century to an Undine rift and the ships that come out of it while captained by Data. The Odyssey class is a next-gen ship and one of the early members of the class gets made into the Enterprise-F and is captained by an Andorian.

42 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

It's the result of a contest to design the new Enterprise for Star Trek Online from a few years back. The Ent-E is lost in the late 24th century to an Undine rift and the ships that come out of it while captained by Data. The Odyssey class is a next-gen ship and one of the early members of the class gets made into the Enterprise-F and is captained by an Andorian.

That's all well and good but he never said he'd never heard of the F.  Only that he didn't know the model was available now.