Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I came home last night to find my HMR Hikaru VF-1J came in the mail.  This completes my HMR collection - all that I desire anyway.  Now I have good, high quality toys of all the important characters from the TV show plus some excellent accessories... except Misa, but there doesn't seem to be a decent model of her that's poseable.  Maybe Kitzconcepts will come out with one.  And Global would be nice (although, I sort of see the SDF-1 as being his machine:spiteful:).  Someday I might get Kamjin's glaug, a regult, and a Monster but by the time my account recovers they'll probably be too expensive and/or rare.  I'm happy with what I got though.  I've already gone down the rabbit hole more than I wanted to.  Told myself I only wanted Roy's VF-1S 1/60, then added more than a few lengths of rope to my rappelling rig, but I haven't fallen in yet. :good:  It seems like I chose an excellent and very fortuitous time to discover and collect these things considering that most of what I bought came out in the last year or so.  It was meant to be! :angel:

And yes, I've had it open which is why it has the TV hands attached, but my wife has started complaining about edging out her stuff on the shelf, :rolleyes: so it's time to start making my own space.

2052192181_IMG_20190119_1922591.thumb.jpg.4f4fb2c7e57a689362da8446290d741e.jpg

On 1/18/2019 at 4:39 PM, Sildani said:

Courtesy of 505thAirborne, I finally... FINALLY... got my grail!

By the way: what was so special about the two foam bits under the cockpit that they deserved their own big piece of paper in the box? Also the canopy has no rainbow effect; was there a second production run that didn’t have it?

685D8D65-2AF0-493C-A361-A929570B3F99.jpeg

Mirage is thinking "Maybe I'll take this Thunderbolt for a ride?" 

Looks great! :D

I recently got really into the board/tabletop game SCYTHE after playing several times at a friend's house, I even borrowed his base game for a weekend. Absolutely brilliant game, with beautiful art, it even has an automa deck for single player play. I got REALLY into too, base game, all three expansions, legendary box, game board extension, and the realistic metal coins and realistic resource tokens. Highly recommended, not overly complicated, and a full game can be enjoyed in under two hours, lots of interesting gameplay mechanics, it's all about posturing and strategy :). 

IMG_20190119_184214948.thumb.jpg.c26539accf558f6ed5dcd872fdeb0911.jpg

Been a Macross fan over the years and had been building model kits. But have not been into toys. The Yamato lines seem attractive but the price kept me away all these time. Then I found out about the DX-1J.

Was really late so no luck with any PO. At the end when the review starts to coming in, I really wanted one. It looks so nice. So end up getting one from Mandrake. It arrived last week and it is fantastic. Since then I have these on the way: HMR max, 35th-Aniversary VF-1J

I have also just finishing a deal for Max+Millia super 1/60 Arcadia with a nice member here.

The flood gate seems to have been opened. :( Money and space will be a big concern. I am now officially a Macross toy collector.

Getting into toys is mainly due to me getting zero time to build model kit for the past decade. I need to get my Macross fix somewhere and the toy is one of the obvious routes.

Can't wait for all of my orders to arrive. :)

17 minutes ago, kkx said:

Been a Macross fan over the years and had been building model kits. But have not been into toys. The Yamato lines seem attractive but the price kept me away all these time. Then I found out about the DX-1J.

Was really late so no luck with any PO. At the end when the review starts to coming in, I really wanted one. It looks so nice. So end up getting one from Mandrake. It arrived last week and it is fantastic. Since then I have these on the way: HMR max, 35th-Aniversary VF-1J

I have also just finishing a deal for Max+Millia super 1/60 Arcadia with a nice member here.

The flood gate seems to have been opened. :( Money and space will be a big concern. I am now officially a Macross toy collector.

Getting into toys is mainly due to me getting zero time to build model kit for the past decade. I need to get my Macross fix somewhere and the toy is one of the obvious routes.

Welcome to the club @kkx

We shall celebrate being poor in money and cramped in storage space together with you!

3 hours ago, kkx said:

Welcome to the club. Macross toy collecting is the most satisfying toy collecting I do. All the pieces are uniquely charming. If you never had one or don’t currently, I recommend you also acquire a 1/55 VF-1. Any release or variation will do, you just need to experience that toy and always have one on hand. 

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Welcome to the club @kkx

We shall celebrate being poor in money and cramped in storage space together with you!

At leasts, we are not alone! :)

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club. Macross toy collecting is the most satisfying toy collecting I do. All the pieces are uniquely charming. If you never had one or don’t currently, I recommend you also acquire a 1/55 VF-1. Any release or variation will do, you just need to experience that toy and always have one on hand. 

Will keep an eye out for one.

22 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I recently got really into the board/tabletop game SCYTHE after playing several times at a friend's house, I even borrowed his base game for a weekend. Absolutely brilliant game, with beautiful art, it even has an automa deck for single player play. I got REALLY into too, base game, all three expansions, legendary box, game board extension, and the realistic metal coins and realistic resource tokens. Highly recommended, not overly complicated, and a full game can be enjoyed in under two hours, lots of interesting gameplay mechanics, it's all about posturing and strategy :).

I don't know anything about the game but I've been following the artist on artstation for a while. his stuff is really cool. https://www.artstation.com/jakubrozalski

On 1/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, Slave IV said:

Lol, Hot Wheels have saved me from coming home empty on toy runs more times than I can count. 

Yeah same here.

42 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Saw this at work today on clearance for$10 

15481957150842078373451.jpg

Congrats.  They’ve been pricing Hot Rod well.

No pics to share but I recently got the WeiJiang M05 Hide Shadow (aka Blackout). Had the original Hasbro Studio Series version at first but sold it in anticipation of this one. I must say that this one is a really awesome piece. The increased size and improvements they made over the original make it one of the best Transformers I've handled.

Also received SoC FA Daimos. It's a nice piece and I'm glad I finally have a Daimos toy after wanting one for over 30 years, but I am just not feeling it right now. I just gave it a once over and stored it back in the box.