Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

So happy to finally have this figure! Definitely one of the best SHMA figures I have.

SHMA_Mechagodzilla_Kiryu_DSC06926.jpg.64f55e995bc2ad5aaf515b79a44ed16d.jpg

Now this version comes with the Flash Freeze Zero Effect? I have the first version of Kiryu and seems like the V.2 versions of the kiju gets the effect/additional parts which didn't come on the first round. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Now this version comes with the Flash Freeze Zero Effect? I have the first version of Kiryu and seems like the V.2 versions of the kiju gets the effect/additional parts which didn't come on the first round. 

It seems like each release comes with different accessories. Gotta catch em all! Haha, this one is good enough for me though.

On 12/16/2018 at 4:16 PM, Slave IV said:

So happy to finally have this figure! Definitely one of the best SHMA figures I have.

SHMA_Mechagodzilla_Kiryu_DSC06926.jpg.64f55e995bc2ad5aaf515b79a44ed16d.jpg

This is a great shot!

Got in one of my last big items of the year in Sentinel's Getter Devolution Getter 1! Not a lot of play time but really loving it so far:

1-367.png

2-280.png

30 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

This is a great shot!

Got in one of my last big items of the year in Sentinel's Getter Devolution Getter 1! Not a lot of play time but really loving it so far:

1-367.png

2-280.png

Thanks!

You’re shots are great as usual and that figure looks awesome! I wish I could buy every Sentinel Getter. 

Haven't posted a recent purchase here in quite some time, I'm way behind. Got these in today. Our dearly departed Princess Leia is quite fantastic, she looks the part and is about as articulated as you'd expect. Gx-24r is awesome, SoC rarely disappoint.

IMG_20181217_201927397.thumb.jpg.e12004c5bd843bb3fd7aec4c83f639a2.jpg

IMG_20181217_201952370.thumb.jpg.5d35f541654cc1e9508ff5314d0923ed.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, anubis20 said:

Got PAK Cloud and Fenrir and this is one big ass box! I have no clue how Amazon Japan shipped it to me for ¥1200! Amiami and HLJ's bills for these are gonna suck. 

New Haul 12/13/2018 

Wow. Y1200 for shipping from Amazon Japan? Is that EMS? I ordered mine at HLJ and the shipping method available are EMS (Y9000), FedEx (Y14760), and DHL (Y19570). Ouch. Sucks indeed. :fool: :cray:

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow. Y1200 for shipping from Amazon Japan? Is that EMS? I ordered mine at HLJ and the shipping method available are EMS (Y9000), FedEx (Y14760), and DHL (Y19570). Ouch. Sucks indeed. :fool: :cray:  

Amazon Japan uses DHL, and they seem to be a flat 1200yen fee for just about everything, from a Hi-Metal R to that monstrosity.

They do up the price if you're getting more than one thing though, two HMRs was 1800.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Amazon Japan uses DHL, and they seem to be a flat 1200yen fee for just about everything, from a Hi-Metal R to that monstrosity.

They do up the price if you're getting more than one thing though, two HMRs was 1800.

Thanks! I'm requesting HLJ now for a refund and hopefully I can get the 100% full refund since it's already been 9 days. Or else, I will just get back 85% and it will be thru store credit. :unsure:

12 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Nice! I sold the first version and pondering to get this version or not. Wished it was bigger.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

If you collect other SHMA, this one scales nicely. If not, I can definitely understand wanting a bigger version. 

Ha Ha Ha.. Unless you want to get the X-Plus versions. :p

41 minutes ago, tekering said:

Ha!  Typical.  Girls never know anything about transforming robots.  <_<

Sorry, I really just follow Macross when it comes to anime mecha shows. Given how prolific Gundam is, I thought it was a good guess.... or at least had the highest odds of being right.

Most robot shows just don't interest me. I generally hate the ones that have some pre-teen as the pilot of the most powerful robot in an army (with a few exceptions), robots that combine into a stronger robot, and robots with moving lips. *sigh*

Besides Macross, the few mecha anime I liked include:

Ride Back,  宇宙 の Stellvia,  iDOLM@STER Xenoglassia,  Sidonia の 騎士,  Scrapped Princess,  蒼き鋼 の Arpeggio.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh, okay, I don't think I have ever seen any of that show before. 

Thanks for specifying!

These guys are messing with you.  I'm hoping this is all in good fun (and I'm going to assume it is), and not some back-handed "no girls allowed" BS (it can be hard to tell on the internet, sometimes).

But they are actually Transformers.  Sorry to ruin the fun.

Edited by HardlyNever

15 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

These guys are messing with you.  I'm hoping this is all in good fun (and I'm going to assume it is), and not some back-handed "no girls allowed" BS (it can be hard to tell on the internet, sometimes).

I was actually trying to mess with @tekering, but might have caused some collateral damage.

Yeah, they're transformers.

42 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Gasaraki is pretty fair and might be worth your time @Shizuka the Cat.

@SildaniDo you know who is streaming that series these days? Would like to take another shot at it.

Also for more recent mecha series there is always Twilight Eclipse (HiDive, VRV) and Aldnoah.Zero (Netflix) as well.

Edited by Focslain

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Gasaraki is pretty fair and might be worth your time @Shizuka the Cat.

Thanks for the recommendation. Tomorrow is the last day of final exams at MIT, so I will have some free time over winter break to watch stuff.  I will be sure to check it out!

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Really? I saw the horrible Shia LaBeouf movie, and those robots in his picture don't look anything like what I saw in the movie.

21 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Really? I saw the horrible Shia LaBeouf movie, and those robots in his picture don't look anything like what I saw in the movie.

You have either stumbled upon a really deep rabbit hole, or know precisely how to throw mud back in someone's eye.  Either will provide laughs.