Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, apptt4 said:

got a Chinese knockoff NECA HL2 Gordon Freeman. didn't even think to check if official and was like omg what a deal lol... had a better look at the item description last night and they don't try to hide it's unofficialness. it's alright tho. seems to match the official pics very closely, only the colour seems less bright.

IMG-20180717-WA0012.thumb.jpeg.90552a545eb879ea49b5c268bcd837cb.jpeg

I don't feel the need to seek out on official one but will look closer at the descriptions in future. I have 2 Predator figures on the way I now realise are knockoffs, hopefully I'm as satisfied with them as I am here. either way lesson learnt :)

Neca released a HL gordon?! dangit...is the KO version a recent release?

Ok am seeing on ebay....and neca had a re-release of it too 2 months ago,...thanks for the post!

Edited by seti88

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Yamato VF-19s don't have the greatest market price as I recall, that said $125 with free shipping for a new one is a pretty darn good deal.

I ordered the 19F, not the S.

Pretty happy with the price... but I have no shelf space for this.

21 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I ordered the 19F, not the S.

Pretty happy with the price... but I have no shelf space for this.

VF-19(plural) :p

I feel you on the no shelf space, I've got 24 figures sitting in boxes, waiting for me to move to somewhere I can display them all. 14 of those are 1/60 Macross as well.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Just thought of this now. 

If the Macross heroine figures continues, they should add May Fong Lone (from Macross +), Milla (DYRL, Macross 7), Mirage [and possibly Miku Miku and Fre Fre] (Delta).

You mean Kumo Kumo. :)

They ought to continue the line with all the Walkure but the Delta figure releases have been pretty anemic whereas we're still getting Sheryl & Ranka figures 10 years on. 

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You mean Kumo Kumo. :)

They ought to continue the line with all the Walkure but the Delta figure releases have been pretty anemic whereas we're still getting Sheryl & Ranka figures 10 years on. 

There has been a influx of Sheryl and Ranka that is widely available on Manda and other sites while Delta has been a hit and a miss..  

16 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just ordered this from Amazon.  Thank you PRIME DAY!

image.png.41cb0cb632bebd0b99d9e792d9757cce.png

I really should not be spending money on more valkyries.....

but....

PRIME DAY!

Free shipping!

Fulfilled by Amazon

Listed as being in New condition

And these are priced at about 25,000 yen from Mandarake, AmiAmi, and such...

P.S.

At the time I placed my order, it said there was 1 more left. I was ALMOST tempted to just order both. But that would just be too excessive. Maybe someone here on MWF will pick it up.

P.P.S.

Hmmm..... maybe this is not actually a PRIME DAY sale, and just a normal price markdown? Not sure.... the VF-19F has been on my Amazon watch list for quite a  whiles, and I just ordered it when I saw the price drop today. Well, regardless... I am not going to complain. I am just anxious to receive my shipment on Thursday.

That’s an AMAZING deal on a 19F.  Nice score!

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That’s an AMAZING deal on a 19F.  Nice score!

Believe me... I am pretty happy about it! 

I liked getting the Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Kai from YJA for 13,000 yen.... but Buyee's proxy and shipping fees really turned a $120 purchase more into a $170 one.

So, the fact that  I get Amazon Prime's free 2 day shipping of a new product (rather than a used toy as was the case with my VF-19 Kai), I am happy as a kitty cat resting on a student's textbook and homework assignment... *sigh*

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Believe me... I am pretty happy about it! 

I liked getting the Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Kai from YJA for 13,000 yen.... but Buyee's proxy and shipping fees really turned a $120 purchase more into a $170 one.

So, the fact that  I get Amazon Prime's free 2 day shipping of a new product (rather than a used toy as was the case with my VF-19 Kai), I am happy as a kitty cat resting on a student's textbook and homework assignment... *sigh*

I wish I had known about that deal.  I would have bought the other one.

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

That's a GREAT deal on what is..IMHO..the best 19!..Congrats! 

I like that it is a beautiful shade of blue.

Blue and orange are my favorite colors, so the VF-19F stood out for me... and looks better than the bright red of the VF-19 Kai... in my opinion anyways.

Yesterday I ended up getting the Marvel Legends Defenders set with an additional discount, Dagger, and Elektra at Amazon and Tiger Stripe Wolverine for dirt cheap.  Each figure came out to around $12 after shipping and tax.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I like that it is a beautiful shade of blue.

Blue and orange are my favorite colors, so the VF-19F stood out for me... and looks better than the bright red of the VF-19 Kai... in my opinion anyways.

You’ll be happy with the 19F.  It’s a great color.  People notice that one.

Wolverine on his Motorcycle and the entire Sp//dr Build-A-Figure wave showed up today.  I’m a huge Spider-verse fan so haven’t ng three more for the Spider-Team is awesome to me.  And I love the Sp//dr power armor.

AA299A32-C816-4B2E-8B1B-0D446A7380F2.thumb.jpeg.4279e53082fdae6552eb4d130d669ae6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

You’ll be happy with the 19F.  It’s a great color.  People notice that one.

@Shizuka the Cat Mommar speaks the truth, 19F is a great blue and in my mind, if Max had flown a 19--he would have had the 19F.  It totally looks like a Max ride.  The white with orange stripes Zola Patrol is also a gorgeous plane....(yes I know..I'm an enabler!)

25 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Wolverine on his Motorcycle and the entire Sp//dr Build-A-Figure wave showed up today.  I’m a huge Spider-verse fan so haven’t ng three more for the Spider-Team is awesome to me.  And I love the Sp//dr power armor.

AA299A32-C816-4B2E-8B1B-0D446A7380F2.thumb.jpeg.4279e53082fdae6552eb4d130d669ae6.jpeg

That looks great! I was thinking it may have been a let down based on some people’s reviews and impressions but that articulation and look work for me. 

It is a bit of a letdown too.  There's ZERO ankle rocker, which makes posing far harder.  But you can do some pretty cool looking Spider-man-like crouching poses considering what a bulky figure it is.

Just now, Mommar said:

It is a bit of a letdown too.  There's ZERO ankle rocker, which makes posing far harder.  But you can do some pretty cool looking Spider-man-like crouching poses considering what a bulky figure it is.

You did a nice job in that pic! I’m not too concerned about it, just glad it is possible to get a good looking pose out of it as you proved. I bought the wave for most the other figures in it and the BAF really is just a bonus instead of incentive for me in this case. 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You did a nice job in that pic! I’m not too concerned about it, just glad it is possible to get a good looking pose out of it as you proved. I bought the wave for most the other figures in it and the BAF really is just a bonus instead of incentive for me in this case. 

Thanks, I do a lot of fidgeting to get figures to look good posed.  There's a reviewer on Youtube who goes by chefatron who, IMO, is the best at posing and I will go back and reference his videos to get ideas.

It's a weird wave.  I really wanted a lot of the figures.  Cloak looks amazing but he's just a statue.  There's a guy who makes a wired cloth cloak you can use on him instead that looks great if you want to drop another $30 to make him poseable.  Doctor Octopus looks AMAZING but non-poseable arms is a big disappointment.  It was almost a perfect figure, the definitive version of Doc Ock, all it needed was bendy arms.  Electra looks good but we need better female bucks.  And having swappable hands so she could hold her sai in different arrangements would have been welcome.

32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Thanks, I do a lot of fidgeting to get figures to look good posed.  There's a reviewer on Youtube who goes by chefatron who, IMO, is the best at posing and I will go back and reference his videos to get ideas.

It's a weird wave.  I really wanted a lot of the figures.  Cloak looks amazing but he's just a statue.  There's a guy who makes a wired cloth cloak you can use on him instead that looks great if you want to drop another $30 to make him poseable.  Doctor Octopus looks AMAZING but non-poseable arms is a big disappointment.  It was almost a perfect figure, the definitive version of Doc Ock, all it needed was bendy arms.  Electra looks good but we need better female bucks.  And having swappable hands so she could hold her sai in different arrangements would have been welcome.

All valid criticism. I haven’t opened my case yet. Will check out that reviewer you mentioned. 

Congrats @Mommar for getting your figures.  I only wanted Cloak, Dagger, Elektra, and Doc Ock from that wave.  Ultimate Wolverine and Doc Ock are coming from Dorkside and their supplier is slow (including the X-Men wave) but if I find them cheaper I’ll be sure to cancel from them.  I’ve seen people customize Doc Ock to have poseable arms but just like customizing Cloak, it will cost extra.

Nice Loki @Slave IV.

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@Shizuka the Cat Mommar speaks the truth, 19F is a great blue and in my mind, if Max had flown a 19--he would have had the 19F.  It totally looks like a Max ride.  The white with orange stripes Zola Patrol is also a gorgeous plane....(yes I know..I'm an enabler!)

Is that the one with the weird little speaker add-ons to the shoulders?

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is that the one with the weird little speaker add-ons to the shoulders?

yes, but I don't use them. The glossy white with orange stripes is really eye catching and the head is very unique, and you get Basara in a different outfit playing the guitar/control thingie!!..and how cool is THAT?!B))

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

yes, but I don't use them. The glossy white with orange stripes is really eye catching and the head is very unique, and you get Basara in a different outfit playing the guitar/control thingie!!..and how cool is THAT?!B))

It’s more Salamander than orange, but still.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Congrats @Mommar for getting your figures.  I only wanted Cloak, Dagger, Elektra, and Doc Ock from that wave.  Ultimate Wolverine and Doc Ock are coming from Dorkside and their supplier is slow (including the X-Men wave) but if I find them cheaper I’ll be sure to cancel from them.  I’ve seen people customize Doc Ock to have poseable arms but just like customizing Cloak, it will cost extra.

Nice Loki @Slave IV.

Does that mean dorkside is getting their X-Men shipments late?

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

I was just about to ask which EVA unit this one was... that's some kind of crazy power armor.  ^_^ 

Also, @Shizuka the Cat, congrats on a great pickup, I'm amazed to see the VF-19F for anything less than the original retail price, let alone through Amazon.  The S-model got multiple runs, and was really easy to find on clearance, but the both the F and P versions got comparatively shortchanged on production runs before Yamato went under, and were much harder to come by.  That one and the P are probably my favorite Yamato molds, hands down. :D 

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I was just about to ask which EVA unit this one was... that's some kind of crazy power armor.  ^_^ 

Also, @Shizuka the Cat, congrats on a great pickup, I'm amazed to see the VF-19F for anything less than the original retail price, let alone through Amazon.  The S-model got multiple runs, and was really easy to find on clearance, but the both the F and P versions got comparatively shortchanged on production runs before Yamato went under, and were much harder to come by.  That one and the P are probably my favorite Yamato molds, hands down. :D 

The design for the Sp//dr mexh is directly inspired by the Evas.

I will continually sing the praises of the 19F.

AF35C319-EF0D-4528-8F9F-54A4F0DE68CB.thumb.jpeg.6974bdb5e694b501c50a71adc1ef339d.jpeg