Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Got my Articulated Icons 6” Ninjas x3 and Hot Wheels 1/64 BTAS Batmobile x2.

Nice!

I got MCU Ronan

Marvel_Legends_Ronan_DSC06668.jpg.ea5602f07e5c620ef1c9b518de821da5.jpg

Head slightly turned and tilted down as far as it goes:p

Marvel_Legends_Ronan_DSC06669.jpg.35732bac394b90b15a5c5d4a204a93b7.jpg

Standing straight

Marvel_Legends_Ronan_DSC06670.jpg.a82c601ca59bd5e040d74e27150d1edd.jpg

Slightly hunched when holding the weapon.

Also got a Makina figure!

Macross_Delta_Makina_DSC06515.jpg.fa2f3fd0d3ddbd8e1c1ba23cfeaaa8a7.jpgMacross_Delta_Makina_DSC06517.jpg.3747db92e5e2fc324f7324591625cdfd.jpg

17 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

I suspect proper comic Ronan's armour would be less restrictive. In addition to looking infinitely better.

Hopefully, or at least designed better because this hood connected to the head and shoulders is pretty dumb..

Ronan and Iron Man MK VII are the only two MCU 10th Anniversary figures I don’t have ordered.  I’m seeing if they drop in price.  I’ll be getting the Target Hulk and Hulkbuster set when it comes out.  I had the Iron Man 3 set preordered a while back at TRU just to own it but it got cancelled.  Available in Canada though.

Anyone get their X-Men wave 3 figures in yet?

39 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Ronan and Iron Man MK VII are the only two MCU 10th Anniversary figures I don’t have ordered.  I’m seeing if they drop in price.  I’ll be getting the Target Hulk and Hulkbuster set when it comes out.  I had the Iron Man 3 set preordered a while back at TRU just to own it but it got cancelled.  Available in Canada though.

Anyone get their X-Men wave 3 figures in yet?

No X-Men for me, but New Mexico seems to be three weeks behind everybody else in the country.

On 7/10/2018 at 10:36 AM, Lolicon said:

After all picking up all those Metal Build Gundams recently, I decided I needed an RX-78 to go with them. Not having one would be like having a Macross collection without a VF-1! :shok:

5b44ee8a22aac_loot2018-07-10.thumb.jpg.ce8142291ca730ebf16336f6aee82c10.jpg

Nice! Now you're making me want one too. I know this is the best solid RX-78 figure to collect but I'm still not sold on the overall re-design of it. Guess I have to wait until he finally shows up in the next Gundam The Origins installment. ;)

By the way, does this one comes with a stand like the Metal Builds figure? Or it only comes with a platform kind of base?

On 7/1/2018 at 3:35 PM, borgified said:

Usagi is not the best overall IMO, however a little paint on a few spots will make a difference.

Something like this, perhaps?  B))

usagi.thumb.jpg.809e8e60a2302b1bec2b810a16a5cd87.jpg

24 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

4C901F6B-B085-4EB2-9E61-695FA8B658F9.thumb.jpeg.5d9515edfea31d39d088c9f63c4f6efa.jpeg

Opened one of the Ninjas so far.  Pretty nice figure.  If they go on sale again I might get more.

Nice! Clearly you feel they are worth the price? They look like ML level of quality. Would you say that is correct or are they better?

Edited by Slave IV

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Clearly you feel they are worth the price? They look like ML level of quality. Would you say that is correct or are they better?

The quality seems to be a little better than Marvel Legends.  They feel kind of like if they were enlarged figures from the 3.75” GI Joe POC line or 3.75” Star Wars TVC line.  Marvel Legends should be way cheaper and I’d be happier if the Articulated Icons figures were $19.99 instead.  They do come with more accessories, hands, and heads though.  The sale made them at least cheaper.

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The quality seems to be a little better than Marvel Legends.  They feel kind of like if they were enlarged figures from the 3.75” GI Joe POC line or 3.75” Star Wars TVC line.  Marvel Legends should be way cheaper and I’d be happier if the Articulated Icons figures were $19.99 instead.  They do come with more accessories, hands, and heads though.  The sale made them at least cheaper.

Ah thanks! Yeah, they do come with a lot of accessories. How much did those end up costing shipped with the sale? I checked when you mentioned it but didn't go through the cart to see if there were any fees or how much they were. 

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Something like this, perhaps?  B))

usagi.thumb.jpg.809e8e60a2302b1bec2b810a16a5cd87.jpg

Impressed! Maybe you can slightly highlight the scar above on his left eye. It's also one of Usagi's trademark as Sakai-san has been doing in his strips.

I wish that they can do Tomoe and Gen for the lineup however, I think that Sakai-san has other plans.

Edit: Maybe on the katanas as well if you have time.  

Edited by borgified

47 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ah thanks! Yeah, they do come with a lot of accessories. How much did those end up costing shipped with the sale? I checked when you mentioned it but didn't go through the cart to see if there were any fees or how much they were. 

The order of 3 Ninjas came out to $98.08 shipped. Each figure originally costs $39.50 without the sale so my order was $29.61 less after shipping.  If there was a cheaper shipping option to pay for I would have chose it because I didn’t need priority mail shipping.  I just checked ebay.  There’s a set of 3 that I might try to win but if it ends up too high then nevermind.  People have been paying $65-100 for just one figure.

Edited by sh9000

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

The order of 3 Ninjas came out to $98.08 shipped. Each figure originally costs $39.50 without the sale so my order was $29.61 less.  If there was a cheaper shipping option to pay for I would have chose it because I didn’t need priority mail shipping.  I just checked ebay.  There’s a set of 3 that I might try to win but if it ends up too high then nevermind.  People have been paying $65-100 for just one figure.

So about $30 each...not great but not bad. The accessories help and so does knowing how much people have paid. I might bite on some of they go on sale again. 

43 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

So about $30 each...not great but not bad. The accessories help and so does knowing how much people have paid. I might bite on some of they go on sale again. 

Yeah.

I just checked their site to prepare for next time.  Cheapest shipping for 1 figure is $4.66, 2 or 3 figures is $9.19, 4 or 5 figures is $11.80, and 6 or 7 figures is $13.75, etc.  I can’t match my 3.75” collection for a lot of figures in 6” scale but I think I need at least a few more Ninjas.

ABB29B4F-9CCC-4A25-AA96-99CAEC9EB135.jpeg.1db03e809e5438a7e5d787efb4d0e413.jpeg

That custom Macross Plus shirt would have looked much better without the watermarks.  I’m not sure why they couldn’t just get a normal pic off the internet to print on the shirt.

183C3609-7609-4F15-ABDE-7E3C88EC7B9E.jpeg.bcaa2f86105f3a880c84ddcedd7d0829.jpeg

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That custom Macross Plus shirt would have looked much better without the watermarks.  I’m not sure why they couldn’t just get a normal pic off the internet to print on the shirt.

there's only 1 obvious reason.  The antenna on the yf-21 was too much, so censorship was placed.

if only he ordered order the ATX/blu-ray/ uncensored version. :D

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Boy that's a nice display idea for the 19 and hopefully 21 dx. Both flying in front of a printed sky...

got a Chinese knockoff NECA HL2 Gordon Freeman. didn't even think to check if official and was like omg what a deal lol... had a better look at the item description last night and they don't try to hide it's unofficialness. it's alright tho. seems to match the official pics very closely, only the colour seems less bright.

IMG-20180717-WA0012.thumb.jpeg.90552a545eb879ea49b5c268bcd837cb.jpeg

I don't feel the need to seek out on official one but will look closer at the descriptions in future. I have 2 Predator figures on the way I now realise are knockoffs, hopefully I'm as satisfied with them as I am here. either way lesson learnt :)

Just thought of this now. 

If the Macross heroine figures continues, they should add May Fong Lone (from Macross +), Milla (DYRL, Macross 7), Mirage [and possibly Miku Miku and Fre Fre] (Delta).

Just ordered this from Amazon.  Thank you PRIME DAY!

image.png.41cb0cb632bebd0b99d9e792d9757cce.png

I really should not be spending money on more valkyries.....

but....

PRIME DAY!

Free shipping!

Fulfilled by Amazon

Listed as being in New condition

And these are priced at about 25,000 yen from Mandarake, AmiAmi, and such...

P.S.

At the time I placed my order, it said there was 1 more left. I was ALMOST tempted to just order both. But that would just be too excessive. Maybe someone here on MWF will pick it up.

P.P.S.

Hmmm..... maybe this is not actually a PRIME DAY sale, and just a normal price markdown? Not sure.... the VF-19F has been on my Amazon watch list for quite a  whiles, and I just ordered it when I saw the price drop today. Well, regardless... I am not going to complain. I am just anxious to receive my shipment on Thursday.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat