Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Valkyries are my first love.

I have always loved fighter plane design... so much so that I ALMOST declared aero/astro as my undergraduate major, but ultimately went computer science and mathematics instead. MIT's "Unified Engineering" is a required year-long course for the aero/astro major... and has a well-earned reputation for being a tough weed-out course and a GPA-killer. *sigh* By comparison, computer science was generally an easier and more flexible major, and let me study aero/astro-related stuff like navigational computation and predictive path finding. 

I do like Miria's battle suit though. Klan Klang and her Pixie team too. But valkyries are so cool! They are jets... that transform. How can you beat that?!

Ah yes when everything goes haywire, valks will be there to pick you up  ^_^
Hope ur interest in aero/astro  one day translates  into manned shuttles and brings us to mars one day! Dont throw away that interest just because you are in a different field!

btw, i get a big bang theory (the show) vibe going on here...:D:D

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not, Seti. As a matter of fact, there's already a member looking for one in the Wanted section. Does that mean I'm one of the enabler too? :lol:

You enabler? Noooooooooo.......:lol: anyway who isn't in this crack den? This is macrossworld!:lol:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I'll do my best! :D

343f061e25ba86b98bf6c983130d2783.jpg.7a3352cc2cb3fff604ea9520f3e09638.jpg

Cant wait!!

9 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Today's other arrival besides the three 31a's ^_^ Bought on ebay for £297 inc P+P......Plus £57 extra vat (stupid damn government) <_<

I know that feeling too well.. My two separate purchases of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP and the HMR VF-2ss (Silvie) both from Manda from got dinged by CSBA upon arrival in YVR (paid roughly close to $120 CDN for both).. <_<

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I know that feeling too well.. My two separate purchases of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP and the HMR VF-2ss (Silvie) both from Manda from got dinged by CSBA upon arrival in YVR (paid roughly close to $120 CDN for both).. <_<

It's unfortunately part of the game I'm finding. Only way around is to find sellers that know how to bypass it by marking as gift or low value. On the plus side think I have finally found a 25g I was after ^_^

7 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

It's unfortunately part of the game I'm finding. Only way around is to find sellers that know how to bypass it by marking as gift or low value. On the plus side think I have finally found a 25g I was after ^_^

Then you're lucky, it took me 2 years to get one at a reasonable price and without paying high taxes. But was worth the wait. 

55 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeti stands are far and away the best stands ever. 

http://www.yetistand.com

Thanks.

I was re-watching @jenius' review of the Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S and was amused when he said, and I quote... "You should be warned, purchasing one often leads to purchasing more than one."

*sigh* Tell me about it.

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks.

I was re-watching @jenius' review of the Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S and was amused when he said, and I quote... "You should be warned, purchasing one often leads to purchasing more than one."

*sigh* Tell me about it.

That's how addictive VF-1 is.

12 hours ago, CrossAir said:

At least no additional costs, eh?! A Macross collectors' life can be so hard...

Indeed sir, from finding to buying, waiting times to extra costs, and from quality issues to storage space. All hurdles one may come across when buying valks. Still... We endure :D

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's how addictive VF-1 is.

*sigh*  I just spent the past few hours setting these up.... rather than doing school work. *sigh*

20180401_182337.jpg.6694c796ce6cbefb0d8a8588c2659df1.jpg

Okay... time to be productive... for at least a few hours.... I hope?

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*  I just spent the past few hours setting these up.... rather than doing school work. *sigh*

20180401_182337.jpg.6694c796ce6cbefb0d8a8588c2659df1.jpg

Okay... time to be productive... for at least a few hours.... I hope?

Already shaping up to be a great collection! :wub:

So when are you getting a 1/60 Super Ostrich?

Just now, Lolicon said:

Already shaping up to be a great collection! :wub:

So when are you getting a 1/60 Super Ostrich?

Believe me, I am keeping an eye out for one.

GRR.... stupid person on eBay outbid me a few days ago at the last second.... GRR.

27 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Believe me, I am keeping an eye out for one.

GRR.... stupid person on eBay outbid me a few days ago at the last second.... GRR.

Not tempting you or anything, but it is VT-1 preorder day! :D

5ac19373638ca_VT-101.thumb.jpg.ec2d1e8cf11a010542c322de75a11d33.jpg

Man, I really don't want to start collecting the Hi-Metal Macross valks. I really hope Arcadia has the 1/60 Elintseeker and the Super Ostrich lined up for re-release.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Yay! My Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru just arrived in the mail

20180402_123241.jpg.6d98dfb97c5209ee464a9c0dc5a206a8.jpg

It's used and has a broken shoulder joint. Fortunately, I have 2 sets of replacement joints from Shapeways that should be shipping in a couple of days.

nice, and it's an original V2 release with rainbow canopy as well.  I hate me from 10 years ago for not ordering the V2's when they were available.:angry:

6 hours ago, brouken said:

Man, I really don't want to start collecting the Hi-Metal Macross valks. I really hope Arcadia has the 1/60 Elintseeker and the Super Ostrich lined up for re-release.

I hope so too, but before then I have already ordered myself two sets of SO and already have the Elintseeker in hand.  Reissues are going to be really hard sought after by everyone and there is no guarantee that they will do them at a sensible price.  Premium finish VF-1's are already >30k yen (I can't remember) and my guess is VT-1 and VE-1 reissues will be at least that or more expensive...

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

nice, and it's an original V2 release with rainbow canopy as well.  I hate me from 10 years ago for not ordering the V2's when they were available.:angry:

Actually, some of thos V2 releases are still widely available mostly at Jungle for a reasonable price. (Reasonable for its current price it's going for.) Unless you're beating yourself for not getting them 10 years ago at MSRP. ^_^

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, some of thos V2 releases are still widely available mostly at Jungle for a reasonable price. (Reasonable for its current price it's going for.) Unless you're beating yourself for not getting them 10 years ago at MSRP. ^_^

Thanks to the 15% off eBay coupon last week, I spent about $100 for the VF-1J... which from what I could tell, was quite a bit cheaper than what I could get from other stores, such as Jungle, Mandarake, etc. Granted, I should tack on $15 to the price, due to the Shapeways replacement shoulders, but I *think* I got a decent deal out of it. 

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I started collecting (late) in 2015 and so have only bought the Arcadia Vf-1J GBP, VF-1S Movie Strike/Super set from N-Y, and a VF-1A movie ver. from ebay.  These are the only V2's I have.  Now that I have the space for these things, their prices have gone up so much that I don't think I can afford them anymore!  I would love to get the non-standard VF-1's when and if Arcadia eventually re-release them.  From my limited searches on ebay,  prices are a little crazy and it's hard to find a good deal unless a good bidding item comes up and you don't get sniped at the last minute.

Thanks for the tip about Jungle though, never used them but will certainly take a look.

And yes I still beat myself up hard for not buying them at retail price, which explains why I am investing into the HM-R line now, fearing that the same thing might happen.

20 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks to the 15% off eBay coupon last week, I spent about $100 for the VF-1J... which from what I could tell, was quite a bit cheaper than what I could get from other stores, such as Jungle, Mandarake, etc. Granted, I should tack on $15 to the price, due to the Shapeways replacement shoulders, but I *think* I got a decent deal out of it. 

Congrats on that. A good ebay deals doesn't go out that much so taking advantage of it really pays out. ;)

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I started collecting (late) in 2015 and so have only bought the Arcadia Vf-1J GBP, VF-1S Movie Strike/Super set from N-Y, and a VF-1A movie ver. from ebay.  These are the only V2's I have.  Now that I have the space for these things, their prices have gone up so much that I don't think I can afford them anymore!  I would love to get the non-standard VF-1's when and if Arcadia eventually re-release them.  From my limited searches on ebay,  prices are a little crazy and it's hard to find a good deal unless a good bidding item comes up and you don't get sniped at the last minute.

Thanks for the tip about Jungle though, never used them but will certainly take a look.

And yes I still beat myself up hard for not buying them at retail price, which explains why I am investing into the HM-R line now, fearing that the same thing might happen.

You're welcome. I started late too on this VF-1's V2. And getting them already cost me a lot. But I didn't bought all of it. Just selected ones. The only one I need for my VF-1 Yamato collections would be an Angel Birds. I know it cost a lot but I'm not that in a hurry. ;)

And yeah, Jungle is great so far for me. I started buying my first VF-1's from them. And once in awhile new stocks of old pops up in there so it's still a great place to catch those VF-1's. ^_^

17 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

AmiAmi has a pre-owned Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) for 15,180 yen, but it is missing the little baggy of optional parts. Not a bad price, in my opinion, if you wanted to add another VF-1 to your collection. I'd be seriously tempted, if I did not already own this.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-029641-R