Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

5 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Heh, nice... same here:
1) Luca's with Super ofc (dem Ghosts)
2) Armored Ozma
3) Michael (Super parts on it's way)
4) Pending, Alto's

I've got 3 shelves of Frontier DX Chogokins.

Tornado Michael, Armored Ozma, Super Luca, Tornado Alto (V1). Plus a Robot Spirits Klan Queadluun Rau

Then super Alto 171, super Luca 171, VF-27 Brera with booster, and YF-29 (30th, Roy) with supers.

Macross Quarter and Keonig Monster.

21 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Heh, nice... same here:
1) Luca's with Super ofc (dem Ghosts)
2) Armored Ozma
3) Michael (Super parts on it's way)
4) Pending, Alto's

I want the same collection too. Got ozma but need armor. Want the F/G/RVF with super parts. My next goal is to have these valks. Oh and the super vf-27

Edited by TrickyCustomer

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@Shizuka the Cat: That is quite a turnover from zero valks to nearly a platoon in a matter of a few weeks all thanks for us in enabling you (and more to follow I hope).

Hmm.. Going to get the SDF-1 either the regular format or the Premium edition? :D

As for the marriage part.. I think that our parents want their kids to grow up and start a family of their own so they push us to the limit.  

Actually, it has been 10 days since I ordered my first valkyrie and joined the Macross World forums.

In that time, I have bought...

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super (Miria) x 2, because Miria is the best! I wanted to be her as a kid.

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super (Max)

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Strike (Roy)

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Strike (Hikaru)

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A (Max TV)

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A (Kakizaki TV)

Yamato v2 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J (Hikaru) [shipping]

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Super (Hikaru)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Super (Max)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Super (Miria)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1D Super (Comic-Con exclusive)

Bandai HMR VE-1 Elintseeker

Bandai HMR VF-1J Super (Max) [shipping]

Bandai HMR VF-1J Super (Miria) [shipping]

and preordered...

Toynami 1/100 VF-1S + GBP (Roy)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J + GBP (Hikaru)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J + GBP (Max)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1A (Kakizaki)

Actually the aforementioned Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J (Hikaru) has a broken shoulder joint, which is why I also ordered a few sets of replacement shoulder joints from ShapeWays. Having watched the videos by @jenius and CollectionDX on how to replace them, I figured why not... got a cheap valkyrie that way.... plus 15% off eBay coupon.

I think I finally feel mostly satiated with my collection.  The only toys I think I still want are:

Yamato v2 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1D Trainer

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production

Arcadia 1/60 GBP

Bandai HMR VT-1 Super Ostrich

Fortunately, I don't really have any interest at all in getting Macross 2, Zero, or Delta toys. And, until I get the aforementioned valkyries mentioned in my wish list, I think I can resist getting Plus, 7, and Frontier toys for now.

And yes... I do think I went *WAY* overboard and did not pace myself and let my fandom get the better of me and neglected my school work. But I think I am finally starting to calm down. YAY!

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Well... I hope you have some deep pockets.

When I was a grad student I was broke AF most of the time.  Grats on the collection, though.  You might be disappointed with the Toynami's.

The Toynami's are not as bad as I thought they would be. I noticed that the misaligned peg slot locking the legs to the arms in fighter mode that @jenius reported in his old review videos appear to have been fixed in my Wave 7 VF-1J Supers, so that made me happy. 

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super (Miria) x 2, because Miria is the best! I wanted to be her as a kid.

Pardon my asking, but are you a girl? If so, it's quite rare to see a female fan of Macross show so much interest in the toys. At least, I haven't met any.

Either, it's cool for the fandom when more people share their love for the merchandise. I'm honestly quite surprised at how well informed you are about the toys especially since you've only recently started collecting. You were able to avoid getting the duds. I guess we owe it to all the reviewers like jenius and the community feedback. 

5 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Pardon my asking, but are you a girl? If so, it's quite rare to see a female fan of Macross show so much interest in the toys. At least, I haven't met any.

Either, it's cool for the fandom when more people share their love for the merchandise. I'm honestly quite surprised at how well informed you are about the toys especially since you've only recently started collecting. You were able to avoid getting the duds. I guess we owe it to all the reviewers like jenius and the community feedback. 

I almost bought several Yamato v1 1/60 valkyries, but luckily I emailed @jenius right before I hit checkout on my shopping cart, and he was kind enough to warn me away from them.

EEK!  One of the tires for the leg landing gear from my Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super (Miria) fell off. I can put the tire back in place, but it can fall off again if I tilt the toy to one side. 

Is this a common occurrence? Does anyone know a fix for this?

Now I am really glad I bought 2 of these.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

EEK!  One of the tires for the leg landing gear from my Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super (Miria) fell off. I can put the tire back in place, but it can fall off again if I tilt the toy to one side. 

Is this a common occurrence? Does anyone know a fix for this?

Now I am really glad I bought 2 of these.

It's just a rubber ring popped onto a wheel so yes, all can be removed. Some do pop off a bit easier than others but it shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by jenius

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is that a cannon on a guy's arm, with him wearing samurai armor and sitting on a Star Wars ship?

Yes to everything but Star Wars.  It's the Manga version of War Machine from Marvel Comics standing in front of the Eaglemoss Enterprise from Star Trek Beyond.  Actually, since it's 19th century Japan/steampunk inspired they're an array of flintlock muskets mounted on his arms.

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Actually, it has been 10 days since I ordered my first valkyrie and joined the Macross World forums.

In that time, I have bought...

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super (Max)

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Strike (Roy)

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Strike (Hikaru)

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A (Max TV)

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A (Kakizaki TV)

Yamato v2 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J (Hikaru) [shipping]

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Super (Hikaru)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Super (Max)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Super (Miria)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1D Super (Comic-Con exclusive)

Bandai HMR VE-1 Elintseeker

Bandai HMR VF-1J Super (Max) [shipping]

Bandai HMR VF-1J Super (Miria) [shipping]

and preordered...

Toynami 1/100 VF-1S + GBP (Roy)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J + GBP (Hikaru)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1J + GBP (Max)

Toynami 1/100 VF-1A (Kakizaki)

Actually the aforementioned Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J (Hikaru) has a broken shoulder joint, which is why I also ordered a few sets of replacement shoulder joints from ShapeWays. Having watched the videos by @jenius and CollectionDX on how to replace them, I figured why not... got a cheap valkyrie that way.... plus 15% off eBay coupon.

I think I finally feel mostly satiated with my collection.  The only toys I think I still want are:

Yamato v2 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1D Trainer

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production

Arcadia 1/60 GBP

Bandai HMR VT-1 Super Ostrich

Fortunately, I don't really have any interest at all in getting Macross 2, Zero, or Delta toys. And, until I get the aforementioned valkyries mentioned in my wish list, I think I can resist getting Plus, 7, and Frontier toys for now.

And yes... I do think I went *WAY* overboard and did not pace myself and let my fandom get the better of me and neglected my school work. But I think I am finally starting to calm down. YAY!

I know u amassed quite a haul but if a last one for the road....you should consider arcadia's VF-0S roy.  Not because its from M0, but because to me anyway, it represents the improved VF-1, if ever the VF-1 could be improved. (although i know its supposed to represent the fighter before the VF-1)

The 0S PF version is about to be released, tho that's quite pricey. If i hadn't already have my 2 regular 0S's i would have bitten.

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

I know u amassed quite a haul but if a last one for the road....you should consider arcadia's VF-0S roy.  Not because its from M0, but because to me anyway, it represents the improved VF-1, if ever the VF-1 could be improved. (although i know its supposed to represent the fighter before the VF-1)

The 0S PF version is about to be released, tho that's quite pricey. If i hadn't already have my 2 regular 0S's i would have bitten.

Based on @jenius's review videos of the Arcadia 1/60 VF-0 line of toys, I was under the impression that they have a nasty habit of breaking their legs off their hips.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Based on @jenius's review videos of the Arcadia 1/60 VF-0 line of toys, I was under the impression that they have a nasty habit of breaking their legs off their hips.

Only the 0A and 0D had that issue, and only some copies had it. But it was a roulette on whether you got one or not. 

The issue was fixed for the 0S. 

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The VF-0S is an exception, based on the feedback arcadia got from the earlier 0D/0A versions, arcadia paid more attention to the hip joint area! 

You might say its one of the most QA'ed valk in arcadia's lineup...^_^

Edited by seti88

21 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My mom is already pestering me... "When are you going to get married?" "When are you going to give me grandchildren?" "I'm not getting any younger." "You're not getting any younger."

*sigh*

Moms all have this script God bless them.

Btw no interest in any Zentradi mecha? The HMR Regult? The Queadluun?

49 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hehe don't jinx it...

Valkyries are my first love.

I have always loved fighter plane design... so much so that I ALMOST declared aero/astro as my undergraduate major, but ultimately went computer science and mathematics instead. MIT's "Unified Engineering" is a required year-long course for the aero/astro major... and has a well-earned reputation for being a tough weed-out course and a GPA-killer. *sigh* By comparison, computer science was generally an easier and more flexible major, and let me study aero/astro-related stuff like navigational computation and predictive path finding. 

I do like Miria's battle suit though. Klan Klang and her Pixie team too. But valkyries are so cool! They are jets... that transform. How can you beat that?!

After nearly a decade long hiatus:

Hi-Metal R Monster

Hi-Metal R Defender

Hi-Metal R Spartan

Hi-Metal R Glaug

Hi-Metal R VF-1A Mass Production

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Max

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Miria

Hi-Metal R VF-1S Roy

Arcadia VF-1J Max Premium Format (originally had Miria pre-ordered as well at NY, lost preorder because I was out of town... might re-order)

Going a little overboard, yes.

11 minutes ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

After nearly a decade long hiatus:

Hi-Metal R Monster

Hi-Metal R Defender

Hi-Metal R Spartan

Hi-Metal R Glaug

Hi-Metal R VF-1A Mass Production

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Max

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Miria

Hi-Metal R VF-1S Roy

Arcadia VF-1J Max Premium Format (originally had Miria pre-ordered as well at NY, lost preorder because I was out of town... might re-order)

Going a little overboard, yes.

*cough cough*  Overboard? Nah, not at all *cough cough*

1 hour ago, zaino said:

items from anime Boston so far 

got the drakken for 20$ it has everything so I’m not sure if he didn’t know what he was selling 

Dang, great deal on the Draken. That's something like 60% off the retail price BEFORE shipping.

I got my J and S type F-14s from Calibre wings in yesterday.     These look really cool.    And if the numbering can be believed I scored 001 of 2000 on the J type.

I so hope they do a Low Viz version of this plane with the UN Spacy logos.. I'd be all over that.    Next up is to add the RMS Style AIM-54s to my VF-103 F-14.. lol

Optimized-20180329_203355.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203451.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203500.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203608.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203633.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203655.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

How are the hips holding together?

I don't think this one will ever leave fighter mode buddy. I have a few arcadia valks now including the vf-0d, yf-19, vf-1s roy with s-parts and vf-0s (premium pre order) I have heard that the hips are weak on some of them so i don't know if i will risk the transformation. I did pick up the yamato version though for £160 so that will be the one for battroid i think. Do you have this yourself?

5 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I got my J and S type F-14s from Calibre wings in yesterday.     These look really cool.    And if the numbering can be believed I scored 001 of 2000 on the J type.

I so hope they do a Low Viz version of this plane with the UN Spacy logos.. I'd be all over that.    Next up is to add the RMS Style AIM-54s to my VF-103 F-14.. lol

Jealous! lol No.1 is a big deal. Keep hold of it! They look stunning.  i've got the S pre ordered but it says june release but hope it's out sooner!

Edited by TrickyCustomer

13 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Nice score on the #1!!! Also, good idea using the AIM-54 with the VF-104! I just ordered a VF-104 myself and a bit bothered it doesn't come with the Phoenix's, accuracy or not. Needless to say, another Calibre Wings purchase is probably in my future, which is what I didn't want and they surely do want.:lol:

12 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I don't think this one will ever leave fighter mode buddy. I have a few arcadia valks now including the vf-0d, yf-19, vf-1s roy with s-parts and vf-0s (premium pre order) I have heard that the hips are weak on some of them so i don't know if i will risk the transformation. I did pick up the yamato version though for £160 so that will be the one for battroid i think. Do you have this yourself?

I don't have a 0A myself and the horror stories are a big reason for that. The 0S is fantastic and I also have the PF on order. I suspect, the 0A and 0D will also get PF treatment someday as well as the improvements from the 0S so I'll just wait until then to add those to my collection.

24 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Today's other arrival besides the three 31a's ^_^ Bought on ebay for £297 inc P+P......Plus £57 extra vat (stupid damn government) <_<

DSC_0437.JPG

DSC_0436.JPG

Arcadia is pricey, but the VF-0 is a beautiful Valk, so it's worth the cost ;). Got mine VF-0A two weeks ago, but I was lucky, got it for only 2/3 of your price - OK with no VAT :p