Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

There you go. We just made another member happy and broke at the same time. :lol:

Now where's our commission? :rolleyes:

Haha, I kinda didn't want it but seeing the recent posts about them made me want one again. Then I forgot to buy one during the last sale and told myself I wouldn't buy it unless I could get the same deal (thinking it wouldn't happen anytime soon). And here I am with one soon to be delivered. Oh well, i love F-14s and don't have time to build them (models) like I used to. Seems really nice.

Also got me thinking when I saw that custom VF-1 with the Jolly Roger paint job and AIM-54 missiles on the wings...Did the VF-1s have some sort of swivel tech on the hardpoints to adjust the angle whenever the wings were swept to different angles? It's something I've thought about before but don't know if a definitive answer exists or is it just an artistic license thing?

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! You got beaten, Shizuka. :lol:  Anyways, here's something new for all of us. In honor of the upcoming Premium Finish VF-0S:

aMTFh15.gif

3TgDovS.gif 

Don't worry. You're not alone. ^_^ 

Omg this one fits perfectly. 

Excellent 

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

ARGH! Why am I so weak?  Why?!

Stupid ebay 15% of everything coupon... I swore I would avoid HMR valkyries. *sigh*  I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

*bangs head on table repeatedly* baka baka baka baka

So... I guess I have a VE-1 Elintseeker, a VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max), and a VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) coming... eventually.

List all your purchases so far, then get the total $$$ spent. Post it next to your computer/workspace. Maybe that will reign you in...

That said, I haven't done a total of what I spent on toys and books since latter half of 2016. Usually I had been keeping track of the expenses (with a spreadsheet), but somehow I lost track. Now I'm afraid to get the totals for the other purchases and see the truth of how much I really spent :lol:

So she arrived monday, but didn't have time to pull her out of the container until last night. My first DX, the VF-31C and dang this one is pretty. Thanks to @spacemanoeuvres for taking such care in this.

20180326_175904-756x1008.jpg.d22f9abcbceefcafc3dedc11e39cf8d5.jpg20180326_180353-756x1008.jpg.79787c76aabb865770044a8d68851640.jpg20180326_180412-756x1008.jpg.96bd63ea9baca22edeba51b3ab0711b5.jpg

Also I didn't know these were so big, the Armoured version is going to be massive when it comes out.20180327_183907-1008x756.jpg.6af0f0b6cce35cced489139fa491ffc5.jpg

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Awesome!

Glad she went to a good home and don’t forget to pickup the super parts! They are still available for preorder at NY, enjoy :) 

Actually once the armoured version drops I'm getting that and swapping it to her. The valk that comes with it might join me a work after that.

^You guys crack me up 

And good timing, this thread could use some levity. :p

-b.

*WHOOPS - thought this was the 31 thread, but still, a little humor is always a good thing

Edited by Kanedas Bike
D'oh!

So back when I was a "rookie" collector and even more of a rookie dog owner, my just-bought puppy ate the Pero (cat) that came with Figma Dorothy Wayneright and I snapped the neck not too long after on my Figma Roger Smith (both Big O characters.) Luckily I got a lot from someone the other day who literally threw them in for free! Awesome pieces and I've been missing them since the days they got effed up.

Max Gokin Big O in the BG;

1-269.png

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Welcome to my little fleet, VE-1 Elintseeker!

20180329_120323.thumb.jpg.48f456e28aedb2bfd8f9cf8972f06f6e.jpg

Congrats and good grief! You went from zero to Elintseeker in a ridiculously short time! There's a lot of peeps who would love to have one of those! :o

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Congrats and good grief! You went from zero to Elintseeker in a ridiculously short time! There's a lot of peeps who would love to have one of those! :o

I have wanted a VE-1 ever since I first saw one (a 1/55 scale Takatoku/Bandai version) at a Japanese toy store in Los Angeles back when I was 10 years old. I have fantasized about it ever since! I never liked playing with dolls growing up, but Macross mecha really sang to me.  (Okay, I also liked stuffed animals and My Little Ponies when I was young. I'd play house with them with my cousins)

Now that I am a grad student, I just could not wait any longer! I needed to fulfill this Macross toy desire of mine I have been harboring for the past 15 years! I am not getting any younger.

38 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Welcome to my little fleet, VE-1 Elintseeker!

Congrats on the VE-1. Hope you didn't spend too much. ;)

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I have wanted a VE-1 ever since I first saw one (a 1/55 scale Takatoku/Bandai version) at a Japanese toy store in Los Angeles back when I was 10 years old. I have fantasized about it ever since! I never liked playing with dolls growing up, but Macross mecha really sang to me.  (Okay, I also liked stuffed animals and My Little Ponies when I was young. I'd play house with them with my cousins)

Now that I am a grad student, I just could not wait any longer! I needed to fulfill this Macross toy desire of mine I have been harboring for the past 15 years! I am not getting any younger.

Ouch! :vava:

I take back the Congratulations. :lol:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol:

All I can say is... we're all young at hearts here. No worries. :rolleyes:

My mom is already pestering me... "When are you going to get married?" "When are you going to give me grandchildren?" "I'm not getting any younger." "You're not getting any younger."

*sigh*

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My mom is already pestering me... "When are you going to get married?" "When are you going to give me grandchildren?" "I'm not getting any younger." "You're not getting any younger."

*sigh*

Post pics! Not for me, I'm happily married.:D

15 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first HMR arrived just now from AmiAmi. I blame you @jenius for this... lauding these HMRs so much, and producing videos that make them look so yummy!

20180329_140231.jpg.532bfb9341553b1650f016f10885f299.jpg

Wow! Two Elintseekers in one day! :o

Mailman arrived. Yay! Been waiting for this stuff for months. Now I can finally complete the Hall of Armor display. :)

5abd308e65347_loot2018-03-29.thumb.jpg.528810b3c670379284fe450a53a83f2a.jpg

28 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wow! Two Elintseekers in one day! :o

Mailman arrived. Yay! Been waiting for this stuff for months. Now I can finally complete the Hall of Armor display. :)

Wait. You have a Figuarts Iron Man Mark 1 already? :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I don't understand the fascination with the elintseeker. What am I missing here? 

It's a more significant variation of the VF-1 than the A/D/J/S (head is more different, unique supers), has a more "military" color scheme, and has a big radar dish. 

@Shizuka the Cat: That is quite a turnover from zero valks to nearly a platoon in a matter of a few weeks all thanks for us in enabling you (and more to follow I hope).

Hmm.. Going to get the SDF-1 either the regular format or the Premium edition? :D

As for the marriage part.. I think that our parents want their kids to grow up and start a family of their own so they push us to the limit.  

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't too. I think it's more of an acquired taste. ;)

I guess..

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's a more significant variation of the VF-1 than the A/D/J/S (head is more different, unique supers), has a more "military" color scheme, and has a big radar dish. 

True there but no one like's Luca's 25 lol

2 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

True there but no one like's Luca's 25 lol

:ph34r:

I've got the DX RVF-25 (with supers), the DX RVF-171 (with supers), and a 1/72 model RVF-25 sitting on my shelf.

I agree the RVF-25 is the worst of the Frontier paintjobs, but it's still better than a lot of the ones in Delta, and I like radar dishes.

[edit] Heck, I bought the Luca -25 before Ozma or Michael.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

:ph34r:

I've got the DX RVF-25 (with supers), the DX RVF-171 (with supers), and a 1/72 model RVF-25 sitting on my shelf.

I agree the RVF-25 is the worst of the Frontier paintjobs, but it's still better than a lot of the ones in Delta, and I like radar dishes.

[edit] Heck, I bought the Luca -25 before Ozma or Michael.

Heh, nice... same here:
1) Luca's with Super ofc (dem Ghosts)
2) Armored Ozma
3) Michael (Super parts on it's way)
4) Pending, Alto's