Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

lol, those are a few of my Diamond Select Starship Legends ships and a few Eaglemoss with them, though the Enterprise NX is the original Art Asylum

IMG_1460.jpg

This the electronic one? If so it's the same I have, main selling point was the Undiscovered Country quotes.

Edited by Focslain

I should really pick that -A up, I've got the TWOK version (literally so I can have an instant pushbutton "KHAAAAAAN!!!" on my desk :lol: ), but the materials, paint and quality of it frankly suck.  They used this weird pearly and semi-transparent plastic that shows insane amounts of light bleed through, and some of the paint colors are awful.  I literally ripped it apart, painted it a deep gray on the inside (the whole ship got darker from it), and clipped off the impulse engine light, because it was making the entire saucer and neck glow. :rolleyes: 

7 hours ago, spanner said:

Fantastic!!! Thanks for the pics! :good: 

Sure thing

7 hours ago, Focslain said:

This the electronic one? If so it's the same I have, main selling point was the Undiscovered Country quotes.

It is, that's the Undiscovered Country re-issue.  Waiting "patiently" for their USS Reliant!

Yeah I'm not terribly impressed with the overall finish of the Diamond Select Trek ships, but for only $50 I'm not expecting filming quality models. :lol:

I picked up the Enterprise-B and it looks great with all the lights on. 

Wish someone would release an Enterprise-C so I'll have all the Enterprises. 

31 minutes ago, spanner said:

I'd love to get the full set of Enterprise star ships with the exception of the recent TV series version which was total shite.. 

Yes would be nice to have a larger scale Enterprise C! Love the Ambassador class ship!  

You actually knew the class of ship the C was? NEEEEERRRRRRRRD!!! :lol:

I have illuminated models of all the Enterprises except C. Yes, even the NX-01. :rolleyes:

The 1/850 Bandai kits are a spectacular model for the price at MSRP, that's for sure.  Someone here picked one up recently but idk if they've put it together yet.  Diamond Select started getting much better with the Enterprise B, D, Excelsior, and Klingon BOP.  Their previous sculpts were from Art Asylum acquisitions I believe, and didn't really age all that well.  (lol, sorry if we're derailing this thread with Trek toys)

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

9 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

This is my buddy’s enterprise collection.  A thru E all diamond select.  He is currently working on a custom lit C model.  

He also just snagged a custom lit voyager with running lights on eBay.  One of my favorites.  He’s definitely a trekky!!

0F4EC76C-FDBD-412C-9E26-436446AF19C7.jpeg

Ooh, if you don't mind me asking, I'd love details on how this display was put together.  Are those backgrounds just printed on glossy paper and front-lit with the LED strings?

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You actually knew the class of ship the C was? NEEEEERRRRRRRRD!!! :lol:

I have illuminated models of all the Enterprises except C. Yes, even the NX-01. :rolleyes:

LOL! thanks.. :D

5 hours ago, ZorClone said:

The 1/850 Bandai kits are a spectacular model for the price at MSRP, that's for sure.  Someone here picked one up recently but idk if they've put it together yet.  Diamond Select started getting much better with the Enterprise B, D, Excelsior, and Klingon BOP.  Their previous sculpts were from Art Asylum acquisitions I believe, and didn't really age all that well.  (lol, sorry if we're derailing this thread with Trek toys)

IMG_0919.JPG

B))

5 hours ago, Rogueload said:

This is my buddy’s enterprise collection.  A thru E all diamond select.  He is currently working on a custom lit C model.  

He also just snagged a custom lit voyager with running lights on eBay.  One of my favorites.  He’s definitely a trekky!!

0F4EC76C-FDBD-412C-9E26-436446AF19C7.jpeg

955BAC47-F750-432E-9E95-A77271057BEC.jpeg

WOW!!! what an awesome display! love it! 

On 9/25/2017 at 7:24 PM, subie81 said:

Awesome pick up! I was trying to get a Deadpool, but never saw it go up on the Hasbro website!! Do you happen to have an extra for sale?! 

Yeah it was up for a short period in the morning.  Sorry I only have one.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:30 PM, Slave IV said:

Wow! You got yours before I got mine! How?

Got it from a friend for regular price.  Did you get yours yet?

On 9/26/2017 at 12:10 PM, Mommar said:

I'm still waiting on my X-Force deadpool to arrive, it's been bumping around Comerce City, Co for the last three days (idiot pot heads.). In the meantime my Dad just found Human torch for me at Walgreens yesterday.

Yeah I saw both FF figures on Walgreen’s site but I passed on them.  Sticking to just X-Men related figures.

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah it was up for a short period in the morning.  Sorry I only have one.

Got it from a friend for regular price.  Did you get yours yet?

Yeah I saw both FF figures on Walgreen’s site but I passed on them.  Sticking to just X-Men related figures.

nice! mine hasn't arrived yet but should be soon. Not sure if I'm even gonna open it right away or ever since I have the Mezco version ordered too.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:41 AM, linitrofe said:

Last arrivals! Some of them almost two months in transit.

I’d like to thank the Academy (and @spanner)

PS: Divorce papers are behind the boxes

IMG_20170816_112620573.jpg

OMG, that is literally my top 4 Macross wish list in one picture!  On a completely unrelated note what is your address and what times is your house unoccupied?  Of course I'm completely joking, sorry not really a joking matter.  I had a good friend who over the course of 30+ years amassed the most amazing collections of Star Wars stuff I'd ever seen and by inviting over the wrong people ended up robbed blind, the police recovered most of it back minus what the bastard was able to sell.........  So, not funny I guess.

2 hours ago, Giantman said:

OMG, that is literally my top 4 Macross wish list in one picture!  On a completely unrelated note what is your address and what times is your house unoccupied?  Of course I'm completely joking, sorry not really a joking matter.  I had a good friend who over the course of 30+ years amassed the most amazing collections of Star Wars stuff I'd ever seen and by inviting over the wrong people ended up robbed blind, the police recovered most of it back minus what the bastard was able to sell.........  So, not funny I guess.

That's my everyday nightmare... Arriving back and don't find anything :huh:

On 9/28/2017 at 10:31 AM, anubis20 said:

Got Takara MPM-4 and this one definitely tabs better than the Hasbro version. Really happy with it now ^_^

Takara MPM-4 Optimus Prime

How do you tell the difference between the Hasbro and Takara version? What does the packaging look like? Thanks.

Edited by ArchieNov

On 9/30/2017 at 5:02 AM, Giantman said:

Hmm, I remember reading something like this somewhere. Not sure if it was in this forum or from Youtube. If I remember correctly, the police weren't that helpful. He had a lot of stuff, then got robbed. He was able to rebuild his collection eventually though but it was a crappy experience.

Or perhaps what I'm recalling is an incident related to a Macross collection.

Didn't have much time in the middle of the week but my 2nd shipping from US P Bandai came in.

Everything came in perfectly.  Brown shipper box included 

METAL BUILD GUNDAM ASTRAY RED FRAME KAI 

METAL BUILD TACTICAL ARMS & TIGER PIERCE OPTION SET

59d02ea597979_IMG_1706(1).JPG.bf0c3d9a9e746541ee0dfeec248847cb.JPG

Edited by F360

19 hours ago, Mommar said:

I broke my own rule about Eaglemoss stuff and bought the USS Titan.  I figured something like that might never be made by another company again.  Riker representing.

IMG_0128.JPG

sweet pickup!  I didn't know the Titan was out. ...how do you keep track of the new Eaglemoss releases?  I've never found a good way!