Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

17 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Haven't noticed anything on my Arcadia yet, but a friends Yamato 19 Kai did have a break at the gerwalk joint.

Fortunately was able to grab the 11 from a friend for $200. The 21 was $250 on Y!J

Yeah, when you are in the market it takes some research to keep from paying out the nose.

20170815_162758.jpg

1x 1/72 YF-29 resin kit

1x non-scale Eva-01 resin kit

1x 1/100 Gundam Stargazer resin conversion kit

I'd bought these about two months ago and was waiting on the YF-29 to be recast, and they've finally arrived. Super stoked. Recast quality on the YF-29/Eva kits is superb, and the Stargazer is a first production run.

14 hours ago, kajnrig said:

20170815_162758.jpg

1x 1/72 YF-29 resin kit

1x non-scale Eva-01 resin kit

1x 1/100 Gundam Stargazer resin conversion kit

I'd bought these about two months ago and was waiting on the YF-29 to be recast, and they've finally arrived. Super stoked. Recast quality on the YF-29/Eva kits is superb, and the Stargazer is a first production run.

Oh nice!! Who makes that stargazer conversion and what kit do you have to use as a base? The MG Strike?

-----------------------------------------------------

Got these yesterday. This Femto I got on sale from HLJ is what started my path to getting all the God Hand ^_^

New Haul 08/15/17

11 minutes ago, linitrofe said:

Last arrivals! Some of them almost two months in transit.

I’d like to thank the Academy (and @spanner)

PS: Divorce papers are behind the boxes

IMG_20170816_112620573.jpg

Congrats, I'm jelly :p

Still need to get my hands on a vf-11 at some point. 

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Oh nice!! Who makes that stargazer conversion and what kit do you have to use as a base? The MG Strike?

It's a new group called Model Bingo. I got mine from the hobby store GK-M, but I also saw it on sale at Gundam Model Center.

The base is the MG Impulse (either the Force or Sword).

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got these yesterday. This Femto I got on sale from HLJ is what started my path to getting all the God Hand ^_^

Ooh, nice grab on the Femto. I was super tempted to get that, too, and I've never even seen Berserk. Remember, Griffith did nothing wrong. :D

2 minutes ago, linitrofe said:

Ohhh!!! I just put Starscream in gerwalk! i never tried that, cool

Yeah, the way the leg compression joint is built, you can pull it out for a proper gerwalk bend

Also, everyone I know has had their Starscream with a backpack hinge installed backwards, making it so it doesn't sit down flush in jet mode. I managed to tap out the pin to flip it and now it works properly.

Edited by Zx31

9 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

How many Yamato VFs are still out there, especially these 1/48s? You guys seem to have no trouble finding them at all, and a lot of the time in brand new condition, too!

Plenty. Just keep an eye on yahoo auctions and the For Sale forum. 

Be wary of scalpers. I've had folks try to sell me valks for $400 that I've found on yahoo auctions for around $225 shipped. A lot of...entrepreneurs out there lol

45 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Woot, 1/48 VF-1J with Super & Strike parts Stealth Type :lol:

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Awesome score my friend, one of the coolest VF color schemes out there! Someday I'll have this in my collection as well! 

And way to go Duymon, uber fast shipping!! 

14 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

My very first HMR Macross Destroid. Words escape me as to how big & awesome this Monster is! 

IMG_5964.JPG

Nice pickup! I love the artwork on that box. Still haven't opened mine but I like seeing the box up on the shelf lol