Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Classic Comic Version?  I'm unaware of Mezco planning on something like that.

Gimmicks are just gimmicks.  The cocking mechanism on the pistol is cool but unless you're taking a photo with a macro lens it isn't going to matter much.  Nor is being able to load up the grenade launcher with shells.  But the figure looks good, poses good and you have a lot of options to pose it with.

I'm pretty sure he means the DX version, unless he's waiting on Mezco to announce some other variant that hasn't been shown off yet. The DX version is the one I have on pre-order, and I NEED it.

On 16/2/2017 at 1:14 AM, db626 said:

Not a toy but amazing nevertheless.  Imma sucker for MGS!

wow amazing stuff, im also a MGS nut and this are awesome, wish i could have them.

This arrived couple days ago, forgot to upload them

58af0bd42ff1b_2017-02-1717_48_52.thumb.jpg.fbc5e50fe22706c4644900f933668e15.jpg

58af0be0da5a2_2017-02-1718_37_08.thumb.jpg.d838f3293a312fb47afe7c507ea73f9b.jpg

This arrived yesterday, great stuff.

58af0c9e7ce4c_2017-02-2218_37_37.thumb.jpg.0e3ad90a3636c8a245418a1d1aa04956.jpg

58af0ca478966_2017-02-2301_35_46.thumb.jpg.8c7015feab4d1f04c87d3853516c95b9.jpg

Edited by Mr Bomber

5 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

wow amazing stuff, im also a MGS nut and this are awesome, wish i could have them.

This arrived couple days ago, forgot to upload them

58af0bd42ff1b_2017-02-1717_48_52.thumb.jpg.fbc5e50fe22706c4644900f933668e15.jpg

What a lovely translucent glowing hair. :wub: 

Can't wait for mine to arrive. ;)

52 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What a lovely translucent glowing hair. :wub: 

Can't wait for mine to arrive. ;)

It is indeed, a great piece. Only thing i dont like is that the weathered on the coat its uneven, like it had being manipulated, but that is only on my figure, pics on others and videos dosent show that way, and its almost not visible.

36 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

It is indeed, a great piece. Only thing i dont like is that the weathered on the coat its uneven, like it had being manipulated, but that is only on my figure, pics on others and videos dosent show that way, and its almost not visible.

How's the wing so far? Good joint connections?

Another 1/18 die cast aficionado.  AUTOart, am I right?

This just got delivered last Thursday:

P1a.png.c01647c9cfccadbb967fb91ea2353142.pngP1b.png.33d11a36550583f18b2724a4bf6d5c4c.pngP1c.png.47deefbb1f7c8f75634d1a2d90a38ea0.png

And this, about a month ago:

M-136a.png.3779ff54638234bbe3b1d728df96c4f5.pngM-136b.png.07f0a2889ea215917efa9539c0b8fe3f.pngM-136c.png.2d3fb7bc9c17d2ecb7ac0cec7150f02d.png

Between these two expensive beauties, I'm completely tapped out for my die cast budget for the next year or two :wacko: ... but they're stunningly gorgeous :wub:

Hehe! You would be correct! Autoart has to be my favorite brand for these models. And wow! That P1 looks bloody brilliant! I have been eyeballing one for a while but they demand good money.. I'd love them to make a P1 GTR! 

That other model is beautiful too! Bugatti?Personally I prefer the more modern stuff.. or at least 1960's onwards. But I'd still appreciate it my collection! 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Hehe! You would be correct! Autoart has to be my favorite brand for these models. And wow! That P1 looks bloody brilliant! I have been eyeballing one for a while but they demand good money.. I'd love them to make a P1 GTR! 

That other model is beautiful too! Bugatti?Personally I prefer the more modern stuff.. or at least 1960's onwards. But I'd still appreciate it my collection! 

Neither one were cheap, that's for sure... still reeling.

The 1:18 P1 in Volcano Orange is absolutely stunning.  I almost pulled the trigger on TSM's version about a year ago, but then AUTOart announced theirs, and when the orange was released I pounced on the least expensive copy I could find... and I don't regret it one bit.

The second is the 1:18 CMC M-136:  1938 Bugatti 57 SC Corsica, to be exact.  Even more of a wallet killer than the P1 (even if I was able to get it at well under MSRP), but, much like the real car, it's a veritable museum piece... and I'm a sucker for 1930's automobiles  They're like rolling sculptures that just ooze class and style from a bygone golden age of coach-builders who imbued their creations with as much beauty and grace as the technology of their day and their skills would allow, costs be damned.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:52 AM, anubis20 said:

Nice!! Do you have Carnifex by any chance? Im interested to see how they look side by side. 

No Carnifex yet. Still debating that one. Lot's of good stuff coming out lately. Have to pick and choose.

15 hours ago, spanner said:

Found this at a decent price.. :D

images (2).jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

12 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Another 1/18 die cast aficionado.  AUTOart, am I right?

This just got delivered last Thursday:

P1a.png.c01647c9cfccadbb967fb91ea2353142.pngP1b.png.33d11a36550583f18b2724a4bf6d5c4c.pngP1c.png.47deefbb1f7c8f75634d1a2d90a38ea0.png

And this, about a month ago:

M-136a.png.3779ff54638234bbe3b1d728df96c4f5.pngM-136b.png.07f0a2889ea215917efa9539c0b8fe3f.pngM-136c.png.2d3fb7bc9c17d2ecb7ac0cec7150f02d.png

Between these two expensive beauties, I'm completely tapped out for my die cast budget for the next year or two :wacko: ... but they're stunningly gorgeous :wub:

Nice 1/18 cars.

10 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Neither one were cheap, that's for sure... still reeling.

The 1:18 P1 in Volcano Orange is absolutely stunning.  I almost pulled the trigger on TSM's version about a year ago, but then AUTOart announced theirs, and when the orange was released I pounced on the least expensive copy I could find... and I don't regret it one bit.

The second is the 1:18 CMC M-136:  1938 Bugatti 57 SC Corsica, to be exact.  Even more of a wallet killer than the P1 (even if I was able to get it at well under MSRP), but, much like the real car, it's a veritable museum piece... and I'm a sucker for 1930's automobiles  They're like rolling sculptures that just ooze class and style from a bygone golden age of coach-builders who imbued their creations with as much beauty and grace as the technology of their day and their skills would allow, costs be damned.

I had a few TSM cars and at one stage had both the AA F1 GTR and TSM's version of the same thing. Side by side they both had their good and bad points but overall the AA model was a better thing so I sold the TSM mode. I had a CMC Porsche 901 but stupidly sold it off but I did buy a Valkyrie with the money so I guess it wasn't that stupid a thing to do. What I like about the CMC models are the finer detail points. The Porsche had wheel covers held on my magnets and the wheels could be removed bu unscrewing the actual wheel nuts! it was a crazy detailed thing! I do miss it but they are now too expensive to replace.. 

That Bugatti is stunning! I too like cars from the 30's but my with current collection they probably wouldn't really fit in all that well.. But who knows maybe one day I will broaden my display. What other cars you have?

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Yea although i had tombuy the replacement and send the old one back for a refund. I waited for the new one to arrive in case it was missing any other parts ^_^

Well at least you were given the option to send the original back for a refund. Some shops won't accept that. Mind me asking, where did you buy that from? 

The 19P is the best of the VF-19 line! B))

Edited by spanner

4 hours ago, spanner said:

I had a few TSM cars and at one stage had both the AA F1 GTR and TSM's version of the same thing. Side by side they both had their good and bad points but overall the AA model was a better thing so I sold the TSM mode. I had a CMC Porsche 901 but stupidly sold it off but I did buy a Valkyrie with the money so I guess it wasn't that stupid a thing to do. What I like about the CMC models are the finer detail points. The Porsche had wheel covers held on my magnets and the wheels could be removed bu unscrewing the actual wheel nuts! it was a crazy detailed thing! I do miss it but they are now too expensive to replace.. 

That Bugatti is stunning! I too like cars from the 30's but my with current collection they probably wouldn't really fit in all that well.. But who knows maybe one day I will broaden my display. What other cars you have?

Well at least you were given the option to send the original back for a refund. Some shops won't accept that. Mind me asking, where did you buy that from? 

The 19P is the best of the VF-19 line! B))

I got it from esthertool on ebay. Took a while to get the refund approved and my actual replacement order sent but in the end he delivered. Yup i agree its the best

Robot Damashii God Gundam option set came in today!  I've had the figure since it originally released, but didn't want to deal with the trouble of P-Bandai when the accessories were first offered.  I eventually forgot about it until last week, when I found it cheap on a random eBay search.

$40 for a P-Bandai item two years after release at 3780yen, yes please!

IMG_2071.JPG

11 hours ago, spanner said:

..What other cars you have?

I've been collecting 1/18 die cast cars for some 15 years, so answering that question would require an inventoried list 40 items deep.  They range from a couple of inexpensive Maistos and Bburagos when I first started, to the most exorbitant CMC I just acquired; however, as I've become more demanding and sophisticated, the bulk of my collection has increasingly come to consist of AUTOarts.

One of these days I should take the time to take pictures, catalog the loot, and post them here... a scary prospect as it will make me come to terms with just how much moolah I've dropped on these thing over the years.:wacko:

^ GT Spirits are resin cast, not die cast; they are mostly static and of a closed shell design:  no opening doors, hood/bonnet, trunk/boot, and no turning wheels (they do spin), and no engines.  Go to their web site for more info.  There are a few UT branded ones on eBay that are the more traditional die cast fare available right now.

Hope that helps.

42 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hay spanner or anyone else...Any input/advice about the 1:18 GT Spirit 993 911 Turbos? Those are the only ones I can find for the 993 911 Turbo and I don't know anything about GT Spirit. Thanks!

Ditto what mechaninac said. Those GT Spirit look ok but I have never owned one as I dont buy solids models. They can also be expensive which sucks considering they have no opening parts. Yes you could pick up a UT models 993 turbo and they are ok. I had a couple in my former collection and they aren't too bad. But also not great. I think UT became Autoart if I remember correctly.. Autoart have a 993 which is a smidgen better but not a turbo and its not the best thing either.

Stop talking about those cars. I was browsing a store earlier today thanks to you two. Now I' m seriously thinking about buying a Nissan GT-R Super GT car... I need to be saving for the new Valkyries and not cars. :p

45 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Stop talking about those cars. I was browsing a store earlier today thanks to you two. Now I' m seriously thinking about buying a Nissan GT-R Super GT car... I need to be saving for the new Valkyries and not cars. :p

so.... what if we just post pics of model cars rather than talking about them? Does that help!? LOL! 

scale models.jpeg

2upper.jpg

Maybe later this year. It would give my loved once a gift idea they can relate to. ^_^

But if it's happening it's thanks to you. :p

[edit:] what is really appealing to me is that the cars make a nice compact and clean looking display area cause they are all so similar in size. I'm envious and I need a bigger house.

Edited by Scyla

Yes they do make a nice clean display don't they! When I had about 200 cars previously I had them all set up all over the place on book shelves and other pieces of furniture as I didn't have any display cabinets. This is my new display setup which I recently added three more glass shelves to make more space. I will also be getting six half depth shelves made so I can display 3 cars sideways above each existing shelf. Should look ok and make more room again as I have more cars coming and others on my wish list! 

20170216_115331.jpg

Edited by spanner

21 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

That Italian Flagged Miura looks awesome!:wub:

200 pieces?:huh:... I thought I had "issues" with 40... I'm not worthy.:hail:

hehe! yeah but I had a lot of the cheaper stuff too like Bburago, Maisto etc.. but with my current collection I am avoiding those cheaper stuff and focusing on the more premium brands. I have 42 on display now and another on its way making 43! 

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Here's one of my favorite purchases.  1/18 Knight Rider with 1/18 Michael Knight.

gallery_21587_795_175469.jpeg

hehe! looks mad!

IMG_1213c.thumb.jpg.d06646b28f7e55d3ddd91a44eb2d198a.jpg

RE:EDIT IRON MAN #08 Shape Changing Armor

Ended up picking this up , it's a updated look to their RE:EDIT IRON MAN #01 Bleeding Edge Armor 

It's even base around the same frame so hardly any diecast, but I do like the more sharper edge look.

still need to hunt down the new Century Armor for a good price.

13 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Wait, that Iron Man's released already? I thought it was delayed to March? 

it still is, most of the website still shows it on preorder with ETA for March.

I saw it for sale on ebay last week at $150 , the seller probably got it from hong kong directly .

he still have another for sale but it's at $169 now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Re-EDIT-IRON-MAN-SHAPE-CHANGING-ARMOR-/112310428325?hash=item1a263922a5:g:z04AAOSwx6pYqQOp

Edited by F360