Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

My latest haul, Hi-Metal VF-1J Max and VF-1 Super Parts, and Macross Chara Works Vol. 2

47DCrRh.jpg

I like the color scheme of the older Hi-Metal more, but the newer HMR just tops it in terms of worksmanship and firmness of joints.

EfKcZ9C.jpg

The Super Parts taken out of the box...

yiSG6re.jpg

dpASCnv.jpg

Test fit on the HMR VF-1J, as I've always been curious if they are compatible.

3kSVg1F.jpgAl6qiQ4.jpg

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Fanstoys Sovereign. Im actually surprised by how fast this got here, left China on the 4th and it arrived yesterday :huh: Figure is excellent, super heavy almost closing in at 2 pounds. 

AAC5C0DC-E300-4D6B-BE39-44F6340BC243.jpg

7DC02553-2F21-4974-B9FB-CCE9E1C7C440.jpg

53A665CD-1ACA-4D3D-B7C4-191F809E1631.jpg

Cool! Where did you get that from? 

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

@valkyriepilot  Cool.  The HM VF-1J Max is more TV looking to me.

Agreed. I thought the same about Hikaru's vf-1j, that's why I got the HM instead of the HMR

11 hours ago, valkyriepilot said:

My latest haul, Hi-Metal VF-1J Max and VF-1 Super Parts, and Macross Chara Works Vol. 2

47DCrRh.jpg

I like the color scheme of the older Hi-Metal more, but the newer HMR just tops it in terms of worksmanship and firmness of joints.

EfKcZ9C.jpg

The Super Parts taken out of the box...

yiSG6re.jpg

dpASCnv.jpg

Test fit on the HMR VF-1J, as I've always been curious if they are compatible.

3kSVg1F.jpgAl6qiQ4.jpg

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Agreed. I thought the same about Hikaru's vf-1j, that's why I got the HM instead of the HMR

Yeah I use my HM VF-1S Roy as my TV Roy.

Opened up my extra HMR VF-1J Max, swapped the Super Parts and gave them to my HM VF-1J Max.  The one on the far right will be a future custom VF-1A Cavaliers.

Still need to open 1 more HMR Armored Valkyrie, VF-1S Strike Roy, VF-1J Hikaru, and CF VF-1A.

large.IMG_2459.JPG.e3b7fdb84e21f7b53d56b

8 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

That thing is huge!!! 

Does it transform??

No, it doesn't transform. It's the usual tradeoff in order to achieve this level of detail, proportion and articulation without becoming a flimsy mess. I personally don't mind it at all, although I do hear there are camps that can't accept a Transformer that doesn't transform.

19 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Mega Action Series Optimus Prime MAS-01

DtgPgiC.jpg?1

Height comparison with 3A Optimus Prime

0SOi66k.jpg?1

One shall stand, one shall fall

pb2qChD.jpg?1

Friendship mode

SAf0JNr.jpg?1

Natural kneeling pose - no problem!

8Krdt2y.jpg?1

With HMR for size comparison

9nhOBDi.jpg?1

Awesome.  The pic with the HMR really shows how massive Optimus Prime is.

Great purchases guys! ;)

Funny to see that if there's some months that have no Macross releases, I see bunches of figures or toys that I'm not familiar with. Hehehe. :lol:

Love that Optimus Prime. So huge. How big was that, Archie? Not familiar with the ThreeZero one either so no clue on the size. If it's possible, can you pose it with a DX or a 1/60 Valk. Thanks! ;)

And that Iron Man figure, Anubis. Looks gorgeous. How big again the Re:Edit's against a Hot Toys figure? Thanks! :)

If you guys want the best transformable Prime for the dollars, trust me on this, get the BIG G1 knockoff, MPP-10.  It is absolutely incredible. Got mine for $99 shipped I think. Then $10 for the 2 little Autobot symbols to go on the shoulders. Done. 

Edited by derex3592

22 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

If you guys want the best transformable Prime for the dollars, trust me on this, get the BIG G1 knockoff, MPP-10.  It is absolutely incredible. Got mine for $99 shipped I think. Then $10 for the 2 little Autobot symbols to go on the shoulders. Done. 

And its cheaper now. I got mine 67 bucks. Even better since it arrived more than 4 months late, ebay made the seller refund me. So basicly it was free.

3 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

And its cheaper now. I got mine 67 bucks. Even better since it arrived more than 4 months late, ebay made the seller refund me. So basicly it was free.

Jajajja...eso estuvo bueno...tienes el link del Vendedor?.