Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Hey guys, after seeing your pics of the SOC Voltron/Golion, I'm partially convinced to have a go at it. I've missed the pre-orders so the prices have skyrocketed quite a bit. The cheapest one I can find now is USD 299.99 without shipping. Is there a cheaper option available? Thanks!

On 1/22/2017 at 11:11 PM, abbadon said:

Cool display, gunbuster!

A dream come true, Saburo! :p 

I love my SoC Voltron as well!

Yes, my childhood wish finally after many years has come true.  I know I could have bought a Voltron before this either vintage, Mad Toys ver or even the crappy Toynami versions but I am glad I held out for a SoC. :D

On 1/22/2017 at 11:15 PM, Lolicon said:

That looks so cool and reminds me that I ought to actually put mine together. :o

Yes, you need to form Voltron/GoLion. :D

On 1/23/2017 at 0:00 AM, spanner said:

I watched it as a kid but never a big fan but dang this thing looks mighty impressive! B))

Yes, it amazing, 7+lbs of diecast and plastic. ;)

6 hours ago, brouken said:

Hey guys, after seeing your pics of the SOC Voltron/Golion, I'm partially convinced to have a go at it. I've missed the pre-orders so the prices have skyrocketed quite a bit. The cheapest one I can find now is USD 299.99 without shipping. Is there a cheaper option available? Thanks!

I haven't been looking but my friends who have bought one after release have picked them up for $299 (which is retail).

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I've been looking as well..Amazon has it listed for 299 with free prime shipping, but doesn't have stock yet. It's says 1/31. Everywhere else I've seen that's reputable is 299 plus shipping. 

Amazon is where most of my friends ordered theirs from, prime helps a lot. Do it Derex3592

3 hours ago, ZorClone said:

does it articulate enough to grip the sword in both...jaws? xD

Yes, the Blazing Sword can be held with both... jaws. :)

Edited by Saburo

46 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Only if you "cheat" by unlocking the shoulders and hinging them forward. Otherwise, normal articulation doesn't allow it.

Is it cheating though? I consider the extendable joints part of the articulation as well, no reason not to.

2 hours ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

I loved the display!

Screenshot_2015-11-30-18-07-40-1.png

White-string-looking-thing... Hmmm... :lol: 

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Here's a couple more pics to tempt the members on the fence. :lol::ph34r:

32323192532_051a0afeed_h.jpg

32323215902_b0c270f397_h.jpg

Members on the fence? Hmmm... since you didn't reply on my comment earlier, you're probably trying to imply that to me? Hahaha! :lol: 

Nice try , Saburo. It's not working. :rolleyes:

...for now. :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

White-string-looking-thing... Hmmm... :lol: 

Members on the fence? Hmmm... since you didn't reply on my comment earlier, you're probably trying to imply that to me? Hahaha! :lol: 

Nice try , Saburo. It's not working. :rolleyes:

...for now. :ph34r:

Hmmm... I thought I did reply to you, oops. :)  Yes, i could apply to you. :D

Sometimes things take a bit to get into motion.  You'll get here.  Eventually. lol

34 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I like it, but I've decided that I can't justify this AND the SoC Megazord, and I've already chosen the Megazord.

Yes, 2 SoCs that is a tough one on the wallet, either one is a great piece.

23 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Great pics Saburo! Can't wait for anime-island to restock on Voltron. 

It was an easy choice between the Megazord and Voltron, call me shallow but all that sold me was the ab crunch haha. 

(Plus SoC Dragonzord would be better)

I am really hoping they do a SoC Dragonzord. Even one that couldn't combine with the Megazord would be awesome to have. 

Love this figure!  I had the one from the '80s as a kid (can't remember who made it - Bandai?) and had so much fun with it.  No idea which one of my siblings eventually inherited it but it's long gone now. Seeing the pics brings back some great memories!

And Saburo - that last one is just all kinds of awesome!

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Hmmm... I thought I did reply to you, oops. :)  Yes, i could apply to you. :D

Sometimes things take a bit to get into motion.  You'll get here.  Eventually. lol

We'll see. And probably the first SOC for me to get is Voltes V. But not in the foreseeable future. :lol: But if there's another reissue, then I'll make sure that I'll PO one. :rolleyes: 

33 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Screw it!  Ordered through Amazon and signed up for the Prime Visa CC which knocked off $70!  So if they ding me with tax it'll be $250, if not $230 shipped! 

That's a great price. Congrats on the discount. ;) 

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Is it cheating though? I consider the extendable joints part of the articulation as well, no reason not to.

The extending joints are fine (e.g. elbows, wrists), but the shoulders require you to undo the transformation. It's similar to how people were "cheating" to get the A-stance on the v1 VF-25 toys' Gerwalk mode. They were undoing the intakes to free up the hip joint.

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

We'll see. And probably the first SOC for me to get is Voltes V. But not in the foreseeable future. :lol: But if there's another reissue, then I'll make sure that I'll PO one. :rolleyes: 

Noel, I wouldn't have bought SoC Voltron/Golion if it wasn't for SoC Voltes V. It was my first SoC, and was really impressed by it's fit and finish. Very nice display piece, and fun to play with (pose and take pictures B))) with all of it's accessories. 

Having Voltron on a display cabinet with lights make it look like fine jewelry. Haha. If that makes any sense. :lol:

I'll leave the professional enabling to Saburo! ^_^

Drove to work on my day off to pick this baby up.B)) 

along with some other surprises that came in over the weekend.:D

IMG_1162.JPG

I haven't brought hot wheel since forever.  All it took was this thread, along with some pics of it scaling well with the 1/60 pilots.:ph34r:

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Screw it!  Ordered through Amazon and signed up for the Prime Visa CC which knocked off $70!  So if they ding me with tax it'll be $250, if not $230 shipped! 

Wow that's a great price! About the same price as an HLJ preorder, especially considering it's sold out in a lot of places. 

Price is only gonna go up from here... 

7 hours ago, mickyg said:

Love this figure!  I had the one from the '80s as a kid (can't remember who made it - Bandai?) and had so much fun with it.  No idea which one of my siblings eventually inherited it but it's long gone now. Seeing the pics brings back some great memories!

Probably the old Popy version, which was an amazing toy for its time. I had one too. 

My memories of the 80s are pretty hazy, but I think that was the first one where supposedly they used lead paint, so I had to throw mine away.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1050431875&ref=list

Edited by Lolicon

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Probably the old Popy version, which was an amazing toy for its time. I had one too. 

My memories of the 80s are pretty hazy, but I think that was the first one where supposedly they used lead paint, so I had to throw mine away.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1050431875&ref=list

That looks like it might have been the one!  Though I can't recall having individual weapons for the lions like what's shown there.

8 minutes ago, mickyg said:

That looks like it might have been the one!  Though I can't recall having individual weapons for the lions like what's shown there.

Well it was also very common for kids to lose the weapons too. I know that I lost all the weapons long before parting ways with this toy lol 

Looks like Mr. Vehicle "Roller Skates" Voltron has a new roommate.  Out with Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron and in with Bandai GX-71 Voltron. 

I like this version SO MUCH better. :D

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by neko878

17 hours ago, abbadon said:

Noel, I wouldn't have bought SoC Voltron/Golion if it wasn't for SoC Voltes V. It was my first SoC, and was really impressed by it's fit and finish. Very nice display piece, and fun to play with (pose and take pictures B))) with all of it's accessories. 

Having Voltron on a display cabinet with lights make it look like fine jewelry. Haha. If that makes any sense. :lol:

I'll leave the professional enabling to Saburo! ^_^

Ha! As a fellow countryman, you shouldn't do that. Including Saburo. Because I'm sure he will start posting photos of it in macro/close-ups. Hahaha! :lol: 
But yeah, kidding aside, I wanted to have a SOC Voltes V too. But not right now. And like I said, if that popped up again for reissue, I might grab one. ;) 

14 hours ago, F360 said:

Drove to work on my day off to pick this baby up.B)) 

along with some other surprises that came in over the weekend.:D

*snip*

I haven't brought hot wheel since forever.  All it took was this thread, along with some pics of it scaling well with the 1/60 pilots.:ph34r:

00 Raiser photos!!! :D Great hauls F360!

14 hours ago, dapro said:

My first SOC finally here!

*snip*

Enabler. Hahaha! :lol: But yeah, I have to admit it really looks nice compared to the old ones.

12 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Not really new, but i decides to get my VF-19 kai in battloid with sound boosters on to display ( and lets be real, need more space for the delta valks).

*snip*

Out of curiosity, is there any way that the Sound Booster will fit the VF-19P or it's just really for VF-19Kai?

10 hours ago, neko878 said:

Looks like Mr. Vehicle "Roller Skates" Voltron has a new roommate.  Out with Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron and in with Bandai GX-71 Voltron. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

See, that's one of my dilemma if I get the SOC Voltron. I should get a Vehicle Force too.

8 hours ago, spanner said:

number 4.. friggin love this thing! B))Can't wait for '4' Super Parts! :D

20170125_184728.jpg

Edited. ;) 

20 hours ago, mickyg said:

Thanks mickyg! I agree the SoC Voltron bring back a bunch of good childhood memories.  I never had the toy as a kid, I'd watch the show and my friend had the toy and I got to play with it.

19 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Yes!  I hit my enabling quota jk! ;):D  That's an awesome price for the SoC, you will not be disappointed with it.

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Voltes V is a good one to get, my friend has a few Voltes V gokins and they are really nice.

15 hours ago, dapro said:

My first SOC finally here!

Congrats!

11 hours ago, neko878 said:

Awesome display! Now that I have the Lion Voltron, I kinda want the Vehicle Voltron (Dairugger).  In your photo is that the Miracle Metal Works  Voltron?

9 hours ago, spanner said:

number 4.. friggin love this thing! B)) Can't wait for the Super Parts! :D

LOL, now you are getting hooked on Super parts... yes...

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Edited. ;) 

Hehe! Just got the one set of SS parts in the pipeline atm so we'll see how they pan first before jumping on more sets! That is depending how easy they are to get hold of later on..

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

LOL, now you are getting hooked on Super parts... yes...

Definitely liking them more and more as time goes on yes!