Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 1/16/2017 at 4:02 PM, spanner said:

Picked up a 1:18 model of my actual car! The roof was white so I covered it in some black vinyl so it matches my car. 

20170116_142833.jpg

20170116_143958.jpg

This is so badass Spanner. I wish i could find a 1:18 or 1:24 2010 WRX white sedan with the small spoiler. It doesn't exist. If you guys ever find one, i'll take it off your hands.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:31 PM, vlenhoff said:

This is so badass Spanner. I wish i could find a 1:18 or 1:24 2010 WRX white sedan with the small spoiler. It doesn't exist. If you guys ever find one, i'll take it off your hands.

it is eh! yeah the Biante model isn't the most accurate model made but its good enough. There are a few minor details on it that aren't right and bug me a little (as with any diecast car) but overall its very close to my car which is what matters.

And the RRP on them isn't exactly cheap either! they are usually $199! :o:wacko: but I had a $50 store gift voucher which made it $149 (aud) which still kinda expensive but reasonable enough to buy. The fact it was my model of car also helped as if it were anything else then I wouldn't have bought it.

I'll certainly be on the look out for you in my model car hunting travels and let you know if I find anything to match your car! Isn't there anything close that you could possibly mod to match your car? Surely there must be something?

This isn't a recent purchase, I bought it in Hong Kong a year ago, but since cars are "so hot right now".......

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is Jenson Button's McLaren from the 2012 Belgian GP, which was the 1st F1 race I managed to attend.

Given the fact that I'm a Button fan, we wanted him to win the race, he did win the race and it was a magic weekend, when I saw this I had to have it! No brainer.

Here's the real car (and JB) during qualifying from that weekend. (forgive iphone quality pic)

IMG_3721.JPG

If only McLaren could've given him a better car in the seasons that followed....sigh. Roll on the Aussie GP though, the new cars will hopefully look great!

Edited by Moosey

4 minutes ago, Moosey said:

This isn't a recent purchase, I bought it in Hong Kong a year ago, but since cars are "so hot right now".......

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is Jenson Button's McLaren from the 2012 Belgian GP, which was the 1st F1 race I managed to attend.

Given the fact that I'm a Button fan, we wanted him to win the race, he did win the race and it was a magic weekend, when I saw this I had to have it! No brainer.

Here's the real car (and JB) during qualifying from that weekend. (forgive iphone quality pic)

IMG_3721.JPG

If only McLaren could've given him a better car in the seasons that followed....sigh. Roll on the Aussie GP though, the new cars will hopefully look great!

Nice!

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Closest thing I could get for my car in 1:18 is the Ottomobile B5 RS4 but that has long sold out everywhere I've seen and I couldn't bring myself to pay the asking price when it was still available.

1zu18_Audi_RS4_B5_gelb_OttOmobile_OT053U

that is a very nice looking model indeed! but my only gripe with it and others from Otto is they are a sealed design with no openings.. yes these are now hard to find and expensive.

3 hours ago, Moosey said:

FullSizeRender.jpg

haha! funny enough I bought the same year model car in 1/18 Minichamps for my dad as he's a big Jenson fan too! 2012 was a pretty good year for Jense as he won a few races.

I've been on the fence with this one for a good long time.. finally caved and got an almost new from a member here!  Shoulders intact and Xigfrids Shapeways 3D replacement parts if they do ever break!  I had forgotten how... fun.... the 171s are to transform when you haven't done it in a while.. LOL.  YouTube and Jenius to the rescue! I really do love the color scheme! 

received_10210757966732574.jpeg

20170121_112259.jpg

Edited by derex3592

7 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I've been on the fence with this one for a good long time.. finally caved and got an almost new from a member here!  Shoulders intact and Xigfrids Shapeways 3D replacement parts if they do ever break!  I had forgotten how... fun.... the 171s are to transform when you haven't done it in a while.. LOL.  YouTube and Jenius to the rescue! I really do love the color scheme! 

20170121_112259.jpg

Great score.  I saw it in the for sale section and passed on it.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Got my SoC GX-71 GoLion/Voltron. :D

IMG_2279.JPG

Big TV. Surround Speakers. Nice Entertainment setup. Diecast cars on the carpet. And 5 colorful Mechanical Lions watching a knockoff series... ^_^

What's the purchased item once again? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Big TV. Surround Speakers. Nice Entertainment setup. Diecast cars on the carpet. And 5 colorful Mechanical Lions watching a knockoff series... ^_^

Those diecast cars are more than meets the eye.... ;)

45 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Love that pic! :)

It was definitely made me feel like a little kid again. :D

18 hours ago, Moosey said:

It was the last great season to date. 7 different winners in the first 7 races. And that finale in Brazil with Vettel going backwards on the first lap! 

yeah it was a good year for F1 eh! the last few years have been a bit on the boring side.. im really hoping this year will be much more interesting with the new rules! can't wait to see the cars upon reveal with the new bigger rubber! bout bloody time they did this! though some of the new rules are still questionable.. 

11 hours ago, derex3592 said:

great stuff derex! I have two of these currently and considering getting a third! 

2 hours ago, abbadon said:

Cool display, gunbuster!

A dream come true, Saburo! :p 

I love my SoC Voltron as well!

A 1/55 Valkyrie, choice of SoC Golion/SoC Voltes V/SoC Daimos, and Masterpiece Optimus Prime (or KO) seem to be the Filipino Toy Collector starter pack, amirite?

I'd love to have the budget to start SoC, but Macross and other hobbies already have my wallet :p 

Edited by barurutor

1 hour ago, barurutor said:

A 1/55 Valkyrie, choice of SoC Golion/SoC Voltes V/SoC Daimos, and Masterpiece Optimus Prime (or KO) seem to be the Filipino Toy Collector starter pack, amirite?

I'd love to have the budget to start SoC, but Macross and other hobbies already have my wallet :p 

I still don't have a 1/55 Valkyrie. I would like to get a SoC Daimos someday. Everything else you mentioned I have. So I guess I'm on my way? Hehe :p

On 1/21/2017 at 6:13 PM, no3Ljm said:

You can almost see their tails swishing.  I won't say wagging.  They might not take kindly to that and I wouldn't want to piss 'em off.

19 hours ago, Saburo said:

One the toys I wanted as a child, I now have. :)

Good for you!  It's not about having the most toys before dying, but getting the *right* ones. Specially, when we never got them as kids.

17 hours ago, barurutor said:

lol.  sooooooooooo true.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:58 PM, Saburo said:

One the toys I wanted as a child, I now have. :)

32323213462_2fb4a25eaf_h.jpg

I'm not sure if I need to be jealous not having this. I love watching Voltron before but not sure if I need one. :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, barurutor said:

21 hours ago, abbadon said:

I still don't have a 1/55 Valkyrie. I would like to get a SoC Daimos someday. Everything else you mentioned I have. So I guess I'm on my way? Hehe :p

5 hours ago, gunbuster76 said:

lol.  sooooooooooo true.

See. That's my dilemma. I grew up watching Voltes V & Daimos too and those SOCs are part of my wanted list too. But I can't bring myself on getting a new line since there's a lot of Macross toys and other robots to collect. I think when I started getting exposed to Real Robot I totally forgot the Super Robot genre. And I don't want to buy Voltes V and Daimos just out of nostalgia sake. It's the same reason why I'm not planning on getting a 1/55 chunky monkey even just for nostalgia sake. For me, there's too many cool looking Real Robot figures like Macross toy now compared to the old chunky monkey. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, Mazinger said:

You can almost see their tails swishing.  I won't say wagging.  They might not take kindly to that and I wouldn't want to piss 'em off.

Good for you!  It's not about having the most toys before dying, but getting the *right* ones. Specially, when we never got them as kids.

I'll consider this as an inspiration if I should get the SOC's Voltes V and Daimos. ;)