Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Crazy sales going on for BF and i got these 2. They scale very well with figuarts :)

*snip*

Those Cimicave Iron Man figures looks great esp Igor. :wub: I didn't notice they're somehow in scale with the figuarts. Too bad they cost more than the figuarts. Atleast thrice(?). I know it's diecast and all but I couldn't afford completing the IM armors that way. :( Now I'm hoping that Figuarts will release most armors and not just the ones featured mainly in the movies. ^_^

Re: the Comicave compared to Sentinel Re: Edit Iron Man question/discussion.

I own Re: Edit #'s 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 with multiples of # 2 Extremis and I have (2) of the Comicave Omni Class Iron Man Mark XLIII figures.

They are all awesome on their own individual merits, the Sentinel Re: Edit figures are stylized versions of comic book armor whereas the Comicave are MCU accurate figures.

I agree that it's probably more appropriate to compare the SH Figuarts figures to Comicave just because of their relative scale. It's almost like comparing Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 scale Valkyries to the Bandai DX Chogokin Valkyries in terms of what you are inclined to display in a cabinet vs. what you may be inclined to actually play with. The Comicave are very very nice, poseable, have accessories but feel more like high-end display pieces vs. how much more playable the Bandai Figuarts feel.

All of my Re: Edit figures are very playable and hands-down my favorite Iron Man figures. Especially Extremis and the Red & Gold Marvel Now armors.

Anyway, I'd say if you can get them all or had to choose, my stack-rank is Re:Edit>SH Figuarts (most due to sheer number of available armors and companion figures)>Comicave

and on topic - great purchases everyone!!!! :D

-b.

iPhone?

Seems to be something to do with the inbuilt orientation not getting correctly identified when you upload the photos. And it only seems to impact iPhones for some reason.

No, samsung galaxy S7.

This being happening since i upgraded to Windows 10 on my pc. Before i uploaded and everything was fine.

Very odd. It used to be iPhone only, if I recall correctly. And I can't say it happens on my Nexus 5x. I've seen guys fix this up for others before. Probably involves saving the pic and re-uploading it from a computer though.

Edited by mickyg

Is the black and gold suit the Re:Edit Black x Gold suit?

If I'm not mistaken that black and gold is an exclusive black version of Figuarts Mark 6. Released last 2013.

Re: the Comicave compared to Sentinel Re: Edit Iron Man question/discussion.

I own Re: Edit #'s 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 with multiples of # 2 Extremis and I have (2) of the Comicave Omni Class Iron Man Mark XLIII figures.

They are all awesome on their own individual merits, the Sentinel Re: Edit figures are stylized versions of comic book armor whereas the Comicave are MCU accurate figures.

I agree that it's probably more appropriate to compare the SH Figuarts figures to Comicave just because of their relative scale. It's almost like comparing Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 scale Valkyries to the Bandai DX Chogokin Valkyries in terms of what you are inclined to display in a cabinet vs. what you may be inclined to actually play with. The Comicave are very very nice, poseable, have accessories but feel more like high-end display pieces vs. how much more playable the Bandai Figuarts feel.

All of my Re: Edit figures are very playable and hands-down my favorite Iron Man figures. Especially Extremis and the Red & Gold Marvel Now armors.

Anyway, I'd say if you can get them all or had to choose, my stack-rank is Re:Edit>SH Figuarts (most due to sheer number of available armors and companion figures)>Comicave

and on topic - great purchases everyone!!!! :D

-b.

Thanks b for your insights on all the lines. It's really helpful. But budget-wise, I'll probably stay with Figuarts Iron Man releases. Since they're retooling Mark 6, hope they do the same to War Machine. I missed the first release and I'm liking the recent proportion so hope they'll do it too on War Machine.

If I'm not mistaken that black and gold is an exclusive black version of Figuarts Mark 6. Released last 2013.

Thanks b for your insights on all the lines. It's really helpful. But budget-wise, I'll probably stay with Figuarts Iron Man releases. Since they're retooling Mark 6, hope they do the same to War Machine. I missed the first release and I'm liking the recent proportion so hope they'll do it too on War Machine.

No problem sir!

Bandai is certainly the way to go if you want more bang for your buck with regards to variety, cost and again companion Avengers and other Marvel characters, and they really are nice figures.

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

I definitely agree the Re:edit line makes the best IM armors...they are the only ones I buy.

They look great with MLs

3C9EB1A8-3135-4A1C-AC6A-C7FA252E89A0_zps

Marvel_DSC04137_zps3iyzo3b7.jpg

Agreed, they will probably be my primary line for Iron Man as well. Those Comicave armors are really nice so if they release any other armors that I want I'll probably pick them up. But Re: Edit for the win in my book.

Now I'm just waiting on some really good deals so I can actually have something brand-brand new to post in this thread about. :lol:

-b.

Nice. Im still waiting for mine. Kinda wish i took my package with tracking

Yeah all 3 of Tenjin's books are awesome.

I tripped and fell, causing me to buy this model car by accident! :o:wacko: I swear its the truth! :lol::rolleyes:

attachicon.gif20161123_180204.jpg

You're building a great looking 1/18 car collection spanner.

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

I definitely agree the Re:edit line makes the best IM armors...they are the only ones I buy.

They look great with MLs3C9EB1A8-3135-4A1C-AC6A-C7FA252E89A0_zpsMarvel_DSC04137_zps3iyzo3b7.jpg

That's a nice Hulkbuster.

I didnt own any re:edit IM figures but Barnes and Noble had Iron Patriot a few days before black friday for $111 shipped and i couldnt pass lol.

B9620019-76D9-4849-AFE6-E2C0FA544148.jpg

I think you just set yourself up to fall into the rabbit hole there. Now that you have one of the Re:Edit figures and see how awesome they are, you won't be able to resist getting more. I have all of them myself and I consider them the best overall Iron Man figures around (yes, even including Hot Toys).

Haha, yep! Like I said, Re:Edit are the best Iron Man figures out, IMO. I'm a comic style only guy so luckily, they are pretty much the only option. I only have Hulkbuster and War Machine mainly because I wasn't interested in the other designs but the new transforming armor is probably going to end up in my collection. Can't wait for them to go back and do classic versions.

That was a great deal you got anubis!

I think you just set yourself up to fall into the rabbit hole there. Now that you have one of the Re:Edit figures and see how awesome they are, you won't be able to resist getting more. I have all of them myself and I consider them the best overall Iron Man figures around (yes, even including Hot Toys).

Yup... already ordered Extremis and War Machine :lol: and preordered the Bleeding Edge. I used to own the Hot Toys ones but IMO theyre overrated. Articulation is crap and their QC is kinda bad, sold most of them and only kept Eric Draven and DX-12 Batman.

Haha, yep! Like I said, Re:Edit are the best Iron Man figures out, IMO. I'm a comic style only guy so luckily, they are pretty much the only option. I only have Hulkbuster and War Machine mainly because I wasn't interested in the other designs but the new transforming armor is probably going to end up in my collection. Can't wait for them to go back and do classic versions.

That was a great deal you got anubis!

Yea it sat in my cart for a whole day, I actually cancelled it once but then i thought about it. It was an exclusive and if i didnt like i could sell and at least make my money back but i like it. Sentinel makes great stuff!

I am going to have to start checking Barnes and Noble's website more. I have seen a few people get really good deals on hard to find figures. I think it would be cool if they keep getting the high-end collectibles and have on a regular basis at their physical stores.

And the Re:Edits are amazing. I have all of them and hope the line continues. I would love to see a Superior Iron-Man Armor and Iron Man suit #26.

Yup... already ordered Extremis and War Machine :lol: and preordered the Bleeding Edge. I used to own the Hot Toys ones but IMO theyre overrated. Articulation is crap and their QC is kinda bad, sold most of them and only kept Eric Draven and DX-12 Batman.

Yea it sat in my cart for a whole day, I actually cancelled it once but then i thought about it. It was an exclusive and if i didnt like i could sell and at least make my money back but i like it. Sentinel makes great stuff!

I concur . I was weak and ordered the Mega Man X Boost from B&N yesterday with the Black Friday coupon code. :mellow::wub:

Came home to this.

post-12821-0-53244500-1480385827_thumb.jpg

The FedEx shipping option at HLJ is stupid fast, shipped out 11/24/16, received it today. This is easily the fastest, most reliable shipping service from them to the US, and it's even cheaper then EMS, it's a beautiful thing. A box this big has to have some serious goodies in it right?

post-12821-0-17393000-1480385976_thumb.jpg

Damn I must've been good, and another two packages still on the way for me? Everything is looking good, but it's a bit too compacted in there.

post-12821-0-35188200-1480386092_thumb.jpg

Yup, lots of goodies. I've been waiting a LONG time on some of this stuff, waiting for more and more to release so I could just get one big package. Unfortunately I had to ship this stuff, my tridents were at one more day before they auto-shipped, if I could have lasted another two days I could've added MonsterArts Shin Godzilla and Figuarts EP II Obi-Wan. I can't check out everything tonight unfortunately, but now I've got like 3 nights of messing with new stuff ahead of me, oh boy!

Came home to this.

attachicon.gif20161128_175008.jpg

The FedEx shipping option at HLJ is stupid fast, shipped out 11/24/16, received it today. This is easily the fastest, most reliable shipping service from them to the US, and it's even cheaper then EMS, it's a beautiful thing. A box this big has to have some serious goodies in it right?

attachicon.gif20161128_175134.jpg

Damn I must've been good, and another two packages still on the way for me? Everything is looking good, but it's a bit too compacted in there.

attachicon.gif20161128_175832.jpg

Yup, lots of goodies. I've been waiting a LONG time on some of this stuff, waiting for more and more to release so I could just get one big package. Unfortunately I had to ship this stuff, my tridents were at one more day before they auto-shipped, if I could have lasted another two days I could've added MonsterArts Shin Godzilla and Figuarts EP II Obi-Wan. I can't check out everything tonight unfortunately, but now I've got like 3 nights of messing with new stuff ahead of me, oh boy!

Shin Godzilla barely made into the deadline on the 59th day of the PW limit. Have that along with figuarts Tony Stark on the way.

I received my MP-33 Inferno, 4inchnel Ryoma, and Macross Delta Volume 5 yesterday. Only four more volumes of Delta to go :) MP-33 Inferno is pretty impressive, the entire ladder hides in his chest but my copy does have some crappy paint apps.

0A6F9C94-5AD4-4552-A320-5D96F93B956B.jpg

Just ordered a VF 1/100 VF-25G from Amazon, Should be here Friday. Last time a got a VF 1/100 was almost 7 years ago and it snapped apart as soon as i took it out of the box. Hopefully it won't this time! :p

Just got a DX Chogokin VF-25A in. Second DX Chogokin after that surprise yf-29/yf-30 shipment at HLJ the other week.

I really love these. Way more than the yamato/arcadia toys. Was only about 11k yen or so at Jungle.

30969714210_bba5b97004_b.jpg

Edited by Cowboy17

Just got a DX Chogokin VF-25A in. Second DX Chogokin after that surprise yf-29/yf-30 shipment at HLJ the other week.

I really love these. Way more than the yamato/arcadia toys. Was only about 11k yen or so at Jungle.

30969714210_bba5b97004_b.jpg

I love the brownies! That is an awesome price, too!