Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I remember a time when I could get Master Replicas Force FX sabers for $99.99. I never bit, like an idiot I always skipped them, even when the more interesting characters sabers were out I stupidly sat by and let them sell out. I paid dearly for these two, but they're pretty awesome, solid builds and they're pretty bright.

post-12821-0-43167400-1478754647_thumb.jpg

Jesse and Mr.White from Breaking Bad are the only two 1/6 figures I have in my collection now, I sold off and gave up on Hot Toys long ago. I like them, really good head sculpts, Jesse completes the duo in their casual clothing, I've got the hazmat suit set on pre-order, those look great. I still love the MMPR Legacy line, the Ninja Megazord is great! I never had one as a kid but I had the stand alone White Falconzord, this was a trend, I'd have one zord but never the set, I could never complete the bigger zord combinations, but now the Legacy line has given me a chance to collect the first three seasons of zords in these shiny, new, show accurate forms.

I've been hunting this Chogokin for a while now. The outer box is real beat up, but I'm crossing my fingers that everything inside is in good shape. Here goes nothing!

I always wanted to get one of these Shuttles or the Saturn V rocket to display! but expensive Macross toys kept interfering with the purchasing process! Might go see what's around the traps..

Finally got my Destiny Full Package another set of wings for the Heine Custom

Also got a mini Fanstoys Spotter for my Maketoys Despotron, cool...

CB6268EE-C158-4571-92FB-462E974C16E6.jpg

that's so cute! ^_^

I remember a time when I could get Master Replicas Force FX sabers for $99.99. I never bit, like an idiot I always skipped them, even when the more interesting characters sabers were out I stupidly sat by and let them sell out. I paid dearly for these two, but they're pretty awesome, solid builds and they're pretty bright.

I've generally enjoyed my MR sabers, but the rubber on the grip of my Vader saber started to chemically break down not long ago and has gone kinda gooey :(

This should be the last time i buy this Metal Composite Unicorn, its the 6th version of this mold. Also got FP Dai Z

15E0F219-78D3-49CB-B938-3B5FF05CEC3F.jpg

What do you think about the GFF Unicorn Gundam? I'm actually interested in a transforming version of the design but I couldn't pull the trigger on the ones over at BBTS because I hear that they are not as good as the Metal Build ones. They also look really lanky in Destroy Mode.

What do you think about the GFF Unicorn Gundam? I'm actually interested in a transforming version of the design but I couldn't pull the trigger on the ones over at BBTS because I hear that they are not as good as the Metal Build ones. They also look really lanky in Destroy Mode.

I like them but theyre not perfect. Definitely better than the Master Grade kits. The legs do look kind of lanky but its not too bad. IMO only the PG kit is better than the Metal Composite Unicorns.

attachicon.gif20161109_204645.jpg

Jesse and Mr.White from Breaking Bad are the only two 1/6 figures I have in my collection now, I sold off and gave up on Hot Toys long ago. I like them, really good head sculpts, Jesse completes the duo in their casual clothing, I've got the hazmat suit set on pre-order, those look great. I still love the MMPR Legacy line, the Ninja Megazord is great! I never had one as a kid but I had the stand alone White Falconzord, this was a trend, I'd have one zord but never the set, I could never complete the bigger zord combinations, but now the Legacy line has given me a chance to collect the first three seasons of zords in these shiny, new, show accurate forms.

Have you picked up the Legacy Dragonzord? It is being re-issued and that was the one zord I missed out on. I am wondering if it is worth it.

Have you picked up the Legacy Dragonzord? It is being re-issued and that was the one zord I missed out on. I am wondering if it is worth it.

Yup I've got the Legacy Dragonzord from the original run, two actually. Very worth it in my opinion, beautiful piece. My only gripe is about the placement of the die-cast, he's got a ton of die-cast in his feet and it can make the combined Ultra Megazord a bit top heavy, Legacy Titanus came with little knee bracers for the Legacy Megazord to help handle the weight of the Dragon poncho on top of the Legacy Megazord, and it help it does, but like I said the pieces only come with Titanus. Dragonzord is worth it stand alone, or to combine with the other Legacy zords, it's a great figure.

oh!! I just noticed that in the animated pic I posted that they are actually VF-1D CF's! but in a different shot they are VF-1A CF's.. I wonder if the animators got this messed up by accident of it was intentional?

and considering that VF-1D CF's were never released and to some how use them for this scene would be hugely expensive and wasteful.. so here's another shot of the wedding scene with VF-1A CF's..

post-21335-0-05952900-1479076513.gif

side note.. I won't be recreating the disco lighting!

Edited by spanner

Yeah I originally had both of those pics on my phone and I think that there were both types and maybe even CF VF-1Js. It's like a lot of CFs were at the ceremony.

yeah looks that way eh.. but I'll be only using the CF-1A though..

You must have the disco runway otherwise you FAIL at being a truuue Macross fan!

this is true! ok I might see what I can come up with! :lol::unsure:

oh!! I just noticed that in the animated pic I posted that they are actually VF-1D CF's! but in a different shot they are VF-1A CF's.. I wonder if the animators got this messed up by accident of it was intentional?

and considering that VF-1D CF's were never released and to some how use them for this scene would be hugely expensive and wasteful.. so here's another shot of the wedding scene with VF-1A CF's..

FINAL1.gif

side note.. I won't be recreating the disco lighting!

Hey Spanner. I PM'ed you some ideas for that Rainbow Bridge. ^_^

Congrats again on your CF's purchases. ;)

A little treadmill with a strip of rainbow colored cloth should work nicely, could even embed the whole thing in a display base to hide the mechanism. :)

hehe! that is actually quite a clever idea! love it!

Hey Spanner. I PM'ed you some ideas for that Rainbow Bridge. ^_^

Congrats again on your CF's purchases. ;)

I'll go check those ideas out right now! and thanks!

Although I hadn't planned on recreating the rainbow bridge effect, I will have a little look into the possibilities of making it.. It might just end up being a static rainbow colored bit of plastic or cardboard or if it proves too difficult I might not bother at all.. my creative flair isn't quite what it use to be..

Now that I think about it, the treadmill idea is probably a lot less presentable than something like a piece of painted clear plastic or maybe stained glass. If you wanted to get fancy, you could put a sequence of cycling colored LEDs under a frosted window, but a solid surface would probably look better than any kind of cloth.

Yup I've got the Legacy Dragonzord from the original run, two actually. Very worth it in my opinion, beautiful piece. My only gripe is about the placement of the die-cast, he's got a ton of die-cast in his feet and it can make the combined Ultra Megazord a bit top heavy, Legacy Titanus came with little knee bracers for the Legacy Megazord to help handle the weight of the Dragon poncho on top of the Legacy Megazord, and it help it does, but like I said the pieces only come with Titanus. Dragonzord is worth it stand alone, or to combine with the other Legacy zords, it's a great figure.

Thanks for the response! It would be a stand alone piece so I am definitely going to pre-order it now. I am kinda hoping Bandai does a Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord. I would love to see one.

just solid. I have a few in my collection of crap. Its a phosphor coated panel. Any colours shown are created by tinting the top layer.